• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Pool B: Scotland vs. Japan (23/09/2015)

Can't comment about in touch (only got BBC text commentary) but sounds like Scotland are doing what the SAffers failed to do and that's actually pull away from Japan.

A mighty shame.

For me TMO should of been called to look at
1) Hardie out of touch
2) Bennett foot out of play.

Annoys me that Japan have to face the top 2 ranked teams in the pool in 4 days.

****** me off that England are the only side who get a week between games, but hey-ho.

- - - Updated - - -

Hate to say I told you so, but....

- - - Updated - - -

And there's the bonus. Gavin Hastings is devastated.

Annoys me that Japan have to face the top 2 ranked teams in the pool in 4 days.
Yeah you have to wonder if Scotland had played the Boks on Saturday if they would have beaten a fresh Japan today.

It is what it is though, credit to Scotland, they can only do what is asked of them.

Tough, Japan looks solid and precise as they did against SA but it everything's going against them and they're not clinical enough, both in their finishing and in their kicking.

Is it me or when the try is questionable for Scotland there is hardly any reply footage of it at the time?

Last edited:
Yeah you have to wonder if Scotland had played the Boks on Saturday if they would have beaten a fresh Japan today.

It is what it is though, credit to Scotland, they can only do what is asked of them.

YEAH! And look at the set up Fiji have to endure. Why isn't it England playing vs Australia/Wales tonight..

Anyhow, I was going to say John Hardy is my MotM, but will have to go with Bennett albeit he had a quiet first half. He's just exploded this half and been too much for the Japanese. You can really see the wind go out off the Japanese sails when Mafu got injured..,reminds me of Australia if Pocock got injured.

Well done Scotland, bonus point and confidence.

Nope same with England.

first few tries certainly should of been looked at.

What? Maybe one should have been looked at, when he nearly went out placing the ball. But he didn't.. What was wrong with the others?

I didn't see anything wrong with any of the tries. There was a possibility that the second try had a foot in touch but that was looked at - albeit after the points had been awarded - and revealed no foul.

Theres been some puzzling calls made and missed in favour of Scotland. Though the Japanese have been their own worst enemy.

Think Cotter got it spot on. Nice and tight first half and waited for Japan's adrenaline to peter out.

Think Cotter got it spot on. Nice and tight first half and waited for Japan's adrenaline to peter out.

Japans adrenaline went off the pitch on a stretcher.

Last edited:
What? Maybe one should have been looked at, when he nearly went out placing the ball. But he didn't.. What was wrong with the others?

IMO Hardies one where the offloaded the ball right on the edge of touch should have been looked at properly from another angle.

Just wondering why hardly zero replay on them until after kick. Wouldn't surpise me if it would happen with England either.