• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Pool B: Scotland vs. Japan (23/09/2015)

IMO Hardies one where the offloaded the ball right on the edge of touch should have been looked at properly from another angle.

Just wondering why hardly zero replay on them until after kick. Wouldn't surpise me if it would happen with England either.

The touch judge was right there and didn't call it, so no need to go back for it. Besides they are all legit tries and the complaints about the over use of the TMO and refs not having confidence in their own eye sight it's refreshing to see them backing their own vision.

South Africa now have the chance to still finish top. Not that it really matters in that group, they're going to end up with England/Australia/Wales, none of which you want to face or is really any easier to play.

The drop of after about 50 mins was insane. I guess if you ever needed proof that the schedule is a bit messed up...

Decent from Scotland, but I don't think they'll trouble SA. Good first half from Japan and with ten days rest they can beat Samoa.

Ref was a bit rubbish.

So the Bennett try was fine. Foot wasn't in touch. Could have been a big play for the "use the TMO more" brigade though!

Bennett's foot appears to have went down before the ball. Not that I'm sure it matters in the end.

South Africa now have the chance to still finish top. Not that it really matters in that group, they're going to end up with England/Australia/Wales, none of which you want to face or is really any easier to play.

reckon SA will easier be top now TBH

Think the end table will be
Can see the pool finishing up with
1) South Africa 15 (TBP wins V Samoa and USA, and beat Scotland)
2) Japan (9/13 depending on if they can beat Samoa)
3) Scotland 11 (TBP win V USA, LBP V Samoa)
4) Samoa (9/13 depending on Japan game can't see them getting a LBP V SA)
5) USA 1

reckon SA will easier be top now TBH

Think the end table will be
Can see the pool finishing up with
1) South Africa 15 (TBP wins V Samoa and USA, and beat Scotland)
2) Japan (9/13 depending on if they can beat Samoa)
3) Scotland 11 (TBP win V USA, LBP V Samoa)
4) Samoa (9/13 depending on Japan game can't see them getting a LBP V SA)
5) USA 1

I think Scotland 2nd. John Hardie is a great addition, he will get then over vs Samoa and they will probably get a bonus point win vs USA. I played against him at secondary school level, he was tough as nails back then for Southland Boys High

Last edited:
Samoa V Japan huge game now, don't think anyone would of said that before the start.

Big performance from Scotland - patchy first half but very strong second half with plenty of gas left in the tank by the looks of things. Gutted for Japan though - will be cheering them on against Samoa!

Big performance from Scotland - patchy first half but very strong second half with plenty of gas left in the tank by the looks of things. Gutted for Japan though - will be cheering them on against Samoa!

Sounds like an All Blacks performance!

Sounds like an All Blacks performance!

What in terms of cheating and getting away with it, yes it was.

GgZ1c1x.gif

You and I clearly saw something different. Am I being totally blind?
Did you see the replay with Dallaglio on ITV? I think Lawrence called it a try but also seemed to imply it was simultaneous but on the second replay it looked as if the foot hit the ground before the ball did. I'm not too bothered either way, he was over the line and deserved to score, it was just my impression of it.