• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Pool D] Round 2 - Australia vs. Wales (29/09/2019)

I was only 1 point out with my prediction of a Wales win by 5 points before the game.

Much needed win for Wales,

Be interested to see if their fans are happy with that? The performance rather than the result

AWJ is a complete passenger in that pack when you actually watch his impact - live stats had him at 3 carries for -1 metre at the hour mark
Is this a poke at your welsh friends per chance? Awj made 23 tackles, not too bad.

Fair must be different to super where they've been calling it out at the plane.

I think I see you'r confusion. When a ball is kicked to touch the lineout takes place at the point the ball first crosses the line, not where the ball touches the ground. But the ball has to be in touch first.

Wales created nothing and won easily. Rugby is all about box kicking and drop kicking and being offside. I'm done with it.

N
I think I see you'r confusion. When a ball is kicked to touch the lineout takes place at the point the ball first crosses the line, not where the ball touches the ground. But the ball has to be in touch first.
Nah it genuinely hasn't been reffed that way in super this year. Plane is out.

Is this a poke at your welsh friends per chance? Awj made 23 tackles, not too bad.
Nah, I just don't get the hype at all.
Fair play those tackle numbers are good but he makes no impact on his carries or tackles.
I just don't get the hero worship surrounding him - not sure if it's just cause of those memes about his crazy face?
It's the biggest negative with this Welsh pack (lack of power/impact).
He's a decent international lock but take away his captaincy and he wouldn't make any other tier 1 starting XV

Good game of rugby. Welsh defence looked a bit more fallible than usual, but they fronted up when it mattered. Line-out was a real issue until Ken went off, will be targeted by South Africa for sure. Thought Patchell was good when he came on, but they will want Biggar back and healthy for meaningful games. Aussies rely too much on Kerevi for front-foot ball and Hooper got too caught in dialogue with Poite which is a fools errand at best.

On a separate note, Poite should not be allowed to referee a significant game again in this World Cup. His communication is so bad that it leaves players guessing at every breakdown and following every aspect of foul play. Regardless of the decisions themselves (which were frequently inconsistent and often appeared counter to his immediate prior communication), it is his subsequent failure to explain/clarify why he made the decision, which makes it impossible for players to adapt. Clear communication in English should be a pre-requisite for an international referee, not a "nice-to-have".

Wales created nothing and won easily. Rugby is all about box kicking and drop kicking and being offside. I'm done with it.
5292563-7033176518-Jesse.gif

Bye, then. (We saw the first time)

Nah, I just don't get the hype at all.
Fair play those tackle numbers are good but he makes no impact on his carries or tackles.
I just don't get the hero worship surrounding him - not sure if it's just cause of those memes about his crazy face?
It's the biggest negative with this Welsh pack (lack of power/impact).
He's a decent international lock but take away his captaincy and he wouldn't make any other tier 1 starting XV
Don't tell bushytop but I normally agree that he is vastly overrated. During the lions tour I went in with open eyes to admire these players from the other side of the world and found him to be the worst lock in the park in every single game, including the game against the group of second division players. This game not too bad though, somebody had to make the tackles.

Be interested to see if their fans are happy with that? The performance rather than the result

AWJ is a complete passenger in that pack when you actually watch his impact - live stats had him at 3 carries for -1 metre at the hour mark
Over 20 tackles though apparently

Wales genuinely created nothing they just defended well and kicked goals. If that's the what it takes to win rugby why ******* watch? Do boring.

The penalty against Kerevi for running into a defender perfectly encapsulated what rugby is now.

Wales genuinely created nothing they just defended well and kicked goals. If that's the what it takes to win rugby why ******* watch? Do boring.

The penalty against Kerevi for running into a defender perfectly encapsulated what rugby is now.

Gracious in defeat I see!

Didn't that passenger finish with more tackles than anyone else?

Latest posts