• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][The Final] England vs. South Africa (02/11/2019)

Im not going on about daly because we knew what we were doing, choosing his attacks over FB basics.

If he settles and our backs do then we have this i dont think we are the worse team but we are playing worst.

I feel like we'll be fine if we stop passing and catching so terribly! But credit to SA, they've really thrown us off our game here. Can't trust our set piece at all, and we're getting nothing at the breakdown. They're kicking cleverly, too

What's the Eddie ploy here? Fake an injury to Cole to go uncontested...
The scrums are already uncontested to all intents - but it's only England who aren't contesting. Daley having his worst game for a while, but he's not alone - mistake after mistake. All praise to SA they are bossing tis
Mike

If Marler comes on and Cole then gets injured, would we not then be forced to bring Mako back on and move Marler to THP? We've gone the whole tournament arguing that Marler is suitable cover. That could really bite us in the ass.

As an aside.....I have never heard such godawful play by play in any sport as what I hear from the Aussie announcer and the colour guy. Barely understandable...yap all over the ref's comments. The colour guy talks incessantly without adding much.
Maybe you have different coverage on the English feed than we have in Canada.

South Africa are putting us under huge amounts of pressure but a lot of this is of the back of completely unforced errors, particularly knock ons. England have to stop playing silly buggers and Young's needs to speed the **** up.

Reckon SA should have got a YC warning but apart from that they've been exceptional. Cut out the mistakes in the red zone and they have this but England will impose themselves at the restart.

I still think England are in this if they stop panicking and use their heads. Tbh I can't disagree with S.A penalties, but Garces hasn't been consistent at all. Why Itoje didn't get a penalty earlier is beyond me.

Get Youngs off is the answer to Youngs.

Daly is bigger who do we put on as wing?

If Marler comes on and Cole then gets injured, would we not then be forced to bring Mako back on and move Marler to THP? We've gone the whole tournament arguing that Marler is suitable cover. That could really bite us in the ass.
Only if he is down on the team sheet as being able to play both I think?

I still think England are in this if they stop panicking and use their heads. Tbh I can't disagree with S.A penalties, but Garces hasn't been consistent at all. Why Itoje didn't get a penalty earlier is beyond me.
Agree. And then to get pinged for knock on ...

He's been so crap since I forgot about that one!

Latest posts