• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][The Final] England vs. South Africa (02/11/2019)

Hasn't it always been about defence for a while now?
Teams will up their defence then a team like the AB's will trounce a teams defence and people will say maybe we will see more attacking rugby, but then the AB will lose to a teams defence and so on and so on.

It's the circle of rugby.

Tell you what Vermeulen showed up Billy as a one trick pony today.

I just remember the days when the backs would just play tennis and the forwards just wandered back and forth until it eventually bounced out..

Now that was good defence by SA

Need to make them do it more and chances will eventually come. If they can whether it they'll deserve to win.

SA changing props? Unsure why they'd do that scrum wise......ah crap.

SA changing props ......

Excess o

Now that was good defence by SA

Need to make them do it more and chances will eventually come. If they can whether it they'll deserve to win.

SA changing props? Unsure why they'd do that scrum wise......ah crap.

Embarrassment of riches ?

I know boks are big guys but our physical edge just didnt seem to be there, linespeed, dominant collisions, even blocking off the channels for the wide passes. Just seemed more flat. At 60 min when we were 6 points down i was still confident we could do it, but often the way a team chasing concedes more than they score.

Im gutted and the better team won.

Momentum is a funny thing. It was firmly with SA and the only time I can remembet it swinging England's way was after that scrum penelty, after Faz missed the kick to bring it back to a 3 or was 6 point game.

God I'm depressed looking back our discipline was so poor and we really seemed to have that sorted. Wheels well.and truly came off.

Next Lion's tour to SA should be a cracker. SA rugby has gone from implosion to winning the WC in an impressively short amount of time.

Next Lion's tour to SA should be a cracker. SA rugby has gone from implosion to winning the WC in an impressively short amount of time.

SA will have a new coaching staff. Time will tell if they will measure up.

Thanks folks. This was a very enjoyable world cup. Lots of banter, predictions and good rugby.
I love this forum!

Definitely!! Without trying to sound too sappy, I've been impressed with the civility of these forums and the posting quality. I've really enjoyed the last 2 weeks reading and posting with everyone!

Enjoy your party in SA, you deserve it, it will be a great Saturday night there!!!

Condolences to England, you've been one of the teams of the tournament and last 4 years, I feel for the fans and the team, they came close, but what progress after 2015 not even making it out off the group stage, so many positive going forward for that young English squad. Admittedly I'm a little worried about our test match in Twickenham next year!

Gotta say that I enjoyed the forum a lot more than the actual rugby (mainly because I got to stick around past the quarter finals).
source.gif

RSA are in a really good place now. It would not surprise me if they dominate world rugby for the next few years.

They've got a monstrous front 5 and their bench front 5 is equally as monstrous. Exceptionally good back row. They've got 3 top 9's to choose from. At 10 Pollard is arguably the world's best fly half. They've got pace and power at center. Ridiculously quick wingers and Le Roux at FB who, has been below par this tournament but was superb today.

They've got the perfect blend of power, pace, experience, depth and know how.

And then you've got Erasmus. Taken a side that was literally on it's arse 18-24 months ago to world cup winners. He comes across as a top bloke and very humble. Very likeable guy.

It's been a great world cup. Congrats to South Africa!

Latest posts