• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023] France vs New Zealand (08/09/2023)

ABs get turnover ball from the lineout and just hoof it aimlessly down the middle of the park. Yeuch!

I'd like to see France score before half time to spite the ABs kicking it out

Not a good game so far, too much kick tennis

Pretty even so far. Punishing conditions for both teams.
Too much kicking for my liking. They have been watching England.

Players look red as **** and this is a night game. A day game will have dry heaving.

As a Bok supporter at this stage I fear for getting out of our pool more than any QF or SF match up.

Hope the 2nd half goes better but I suppose between nerves and humidity this poor show is probably to be expected..
Interesting..I expect you to qualify out the group at the very least

Pretty even so far. Punishing conditions for both teams.
Too much kicking for my liking. They have been watching England.

These teams in recent years have kicked just as much as England....If not more so.

But there is a big difference between good kicking and poor kicking.

The bad news is I think this heat will impact on the quality of matches in the next 48hrs. The good news is the temperature is to go down 10 degrees for next round of matches and so hopefully won't be so stupid for the rest of the tournament.

I'm not going to judge the players and teams in these conditions but it does make me think we could see Namibia, Boks, Pumas, Fiji and Romania over achieve this weekend against sides relatively less accustomed to the heat.

Scotland are fecked. I had the pleasure of some extended liquid refreshment at a castle today, it was 28 degrees and we could barely muster the energy to get more drinks in despite the drouthy weather. Never mind play a high tempo rugby match in the 30s.