• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023] France vs New Zealand (08/09/2023)

Supposedly Jordie Barrett might be out,

How players is that missing from this matchup now, 5? Shame as it's got the potential to be one of the best games of the group stages

Looking forward to this one. It's a match that could be worthy of the final.

Supposedly Jordie Barrett might be out,

How players is that missing from this matchup now, 5? Shame as it's got the potential to be one of the best games of the group stages
yeah, he's missed the last 2 days training so i would say almost certainly out as they wont want to risk too much

in saying that...this game is huge for us, losses to SA and France would be a gut punch to the whole game plan

Christie and Havili both fronting a press conference...a lot of AB fans ive talked too all doom and gloom, roigard scores a bit of a worldie the other week....back to the stands.....Jordie injured and the first cab off the rank is someone who hasn't played for the ab's for a while, coming back from injury and even when fully fit hasn't really owned the black jersey

Danty back running, not sure if they'll risk him for this game (realistically they shouldn't, but they might think risk him for this and then rest him for the rest of the group?)

I have NZ by a whisker.
Same.

NZ will be fuming after the SA result; France are down by 4 starters.
Both will be overplaying their hands due to emotion, NZ better placed to control and channel that in the 2nd half.

Im gonna switch my prediction from the RWC Prediction thread and go for France. NZ are the team they'll have the least fear of our of the top 4 imo and they'll be able to use the "distractions" they've had this week to build a backs to the wall mentality. They're also just far better at their best and still better despite the injuries in my opinion.

For France's tournie, I worry that if they win this one, it'll lead closer to over-complacency. See the rest of the pool stages as a march of triumph ahead of their inevitable crowning, and fall flat on their faces when it matters.

Lose this, and they can build that seige mentality, have any form of complacency knocked out of them, and go at it with fierce determination.

Same.

NZ will be fuming after the SA result; France are down by 4 starters.
Both will be overplaying their hands due to emotion, NZ better placed to control and channel that in the 2nd half.
Isn't there a possibility that the ABs will be without Frizell, Retallick and Lomax? That's some pretty big meat from their pack plus issues for J Barrett.

I also think the ABs will sneak it, but no result or score would surprise me here.

I'm not even convinced it will be that close
For me it seems so weird that we're going into the WC where the ABs aren't the automatic favourites. I think that helps you to be honest. They'll be loving the fact people are writing them off as 4th favourites and I imagine they'll surprise a few people.

Latest posts