• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023] France vs New Zealand (08/09/2023)

But it's not at 3? I'm so confused
More precision I moved to Canada on Monday for 9 months and I use NA as shorthand to include both it and the USA.

So I'm having to watch the world cup on Eastern Time. The Rugby world cup isnt that big a problem as most big games are at weekends I'm completely screwed by the Cricket world cup as that's in India.

More precision I moved to Canada on Monday for 9 months and I use NA as shorthand to include both it and the USA.

So I'm having to watch the world cup on Eastern Time. The Rugby world cup isnt that big a problem as most big games are at weekends I'm completely screwed by the Cricket world cup as that's in India.
On the east coast anything west is rough but anything up to 7 hours is great. As a little kid I remember watching Sydney Olympics and Korea World Cup on vhs the next day.

Opportunity to day drink for the RWC coupled with an inability to watch cricket. You've made an incredible life decision.

Last edited:
New Zealand:

Beauden Barrett, Will Jordan, Rieko Ioane, Anton Lienert-Brown, Mark Telea, Richie Mo'unga, Aaron Smith, Ardie Savea, Sam Cane (c), Dalton Papali'i, Scott Barrett, Samuel Whitelock, Nepo Laulala, Codie Taylor, Ethan de Groot

Substitutes: Samisoni Taukei'aho, Ofa Tu'ungafasi, Fletcher Newell, Tupou Vaa'i, Luke Jacobson, Finlay Christie, David Havili, Leicester Fainga'anuku

Pretty handy. Frizzell the biggest loss still IMO assuming ALB goes okay coming in cold.

Restraining order from Farrell?

sorry @TRF_stormer2010 , i like pictures

Re Frizell, ive seen a lot of people saying similar...he's had 1.5 good games in his entire AB career, our lack of an outstanding 6 doesnt suddenly make him good...just most recently our best option

what we have here is proof of how rubbish fozzie is as a coach, two injuries (frizell and JB) and were down to Dalton who has played only a couple of times for the AB's at 6 and not really performed....and ALB who in his day is a really good player.....but has had only a smattering of games in the last couple of years due to injuries and i believe i read has only played alongside RI once....and most of his games in black have been at 13

HsBJM5tFbkSUzoK7wZTS7o2Zg&_nc_ht=scontent.fmel12-1.jpg

Danty and Jordie are equally big losses.

Retallick and willemse similarly relatively equal losses, given both are replaced by quality.

Ntamack isn't a huge loss, because everybody loves a jelly bear .

Lomax and baille similar losses perhaps?

frizell a pretty big losses.

All blacks will be lineout short with papalii.

Christie is on the reserves so can guarantee we will taper off at the end.

I'm glad faingaanuku will come on at the end though - he is our most confident player, never seen anything phase him.

Anyone know who will be controlling the big screen?

Last edited:
I expect a weird game. France are like an anti-Boks and anti-Ireland. Their sub 40% possession stats are something I simply don't understand as something they seem to aspire to.

I would like to see the ABs focus on taking the ball into contact, securing quick ball to one-off runners and challenging defensively at the breakdown. Try to get some confidence back at the breakdown prior to the QF.

If they get drawn into a chaotic unstructured contest against France I do not see how that helps them in a QF against a radically different opponent.

Assuming NZ ignore me and simply 'play to win' then:

France 20 - 37 ABs

Danty and Jordie are equally big losses.

Retallick and willemse similarly relatively equal losses, given both are replaced by quality.

Ntamack isn't a huge loss, because everybody loves a jelly bear .

Lomax and baille similar losses perhaps?

frizell a pretty big losses.

All blacks will be lineout short with papalii.

Christie is on the reserves so can guarantee we will taper off at the end.

I'm glad faingaanuku will come on at the end though - he is our most confident player, never seen anything phase him.

Anyone know who will be controlling the big screen?
Everyone loves a jelly bear 😂

I'm not sure the big screen will get used as much. The default being a yellow let the bunker sort it out. That will give the "Break down" tv crew an absolute meltdown.

I'm not sure the big screen will get used as much. The default being a yellow let the bunker sort it out. That will give the "Break down" tv crew an absolute meltdown.
Hadn't thought about that before - I wonder if the French directors influenced the bunker being rushed through?

NZ will win... although, I'm more "for" France definitely (but NZ winning is also ok).🤔

Everyone loves a jelly bear 😂

They still get to decide what highlights get shown. May not be able to influence a red/yellow decision, but certainly can influence what the refs might see live and any potential try scoring opportunity.

Hadn't thought about that before - I wonder if the French directors influenced the bunker being rushed through?
Nah that was a World Rugby initiative right. Couldn't possibly have been unduly influenced by the French? Not World Rugby. Surely.

Nah that was a World Rugby initiative right. Couldn't possibly have been unduly influenced by the French? Not World Rugby. Surely.
I mean like WR know the French directors are so **** they've brought to through quickly to try and subvert controversies
Though that does also feed into them being spineless and not doing anything to counteract the very real issue of the French directors influencing things

15:15 on a Friday is a perfect kickoff time for me!

I've got New Zealand in this one by a hair.

Latest posts