• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023] France vs New Zealand (08/09/2023)

Is NZ's 100% in the RWC pool stage going to go? Worth a punt.

For me it seems so weird that we're going into the WC where the ABs aren't the automatic favourites. I think that helps you to be honest. They'll be loving the fact people are writing them off as 4th favourites and I imagine they'll surprise a few people.
i just dont know, these guys have grown up on the mythos of the Black Jersey means youre the best...but there is evidence to contrary, we've lost several games over the last few years that should have been won on paper, so its not just others writing off our style of we've played weaker teams

And i dont think fozzie knows whats hes doing, he'll have to bring in other players to replace those injured...but he wont change a game plan to suit...everyone is interchangeable in his mind

i just dont know, these guys have grown up on the mythos of the Black Jersey means youre the best...but there is evidence to contrary, we've lost several games over the last few years that should have been won on paper, so its not just others writing off our style of we've played weaker teams

And i dont think fozzie knows whats hes doing, he'll have to bring in other players to replace those injured...but he wont change a game plan to suit...everyone is interchangeable in his mind
I agree on this, disaster hire.

HOWEVER, he does have a great set of assistant so I think this is mitigated slightly, I cant see schmidt and especially ryan just plug and playing a player.

Saying that J Barret is a massive loss if he is out, with how much NZ kick to set the attack.

Bookies still have NZ as (slight) favorites. I wouldn't read too much into their last loss. Everything went our way.

Last edited:
I will go with NZ winning by between 12 to 20 points.
France have lost too many key players recently, and the ABs will be hurting after the big defeat to SA.

Wait this game is one at 15:15 on a Friday...damn you sport schedulers nor caring about NA....work from home day it is!

Wait this game is one at 15:15 on a Friday...damn you sport schedulers nor caring about NA....work from home day it is
My office officially unofficially goes home at 3 on Friday so it should be fine.

Would not be surprised to see ABs take the opener before France roar back and reach a home WC Final.

Great, great opening game. Roll on!

I still back France narrowly here to be honest. At home, huge occasion, still a very decent side. Jallibert is about as good a backup 10 as you can get.

If France wins this without Danty it's a great sign for them. They looked lost without him in the spring.

Latest posts