• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023] New Zealand vs Namibia (15/09/2023)

Or we could finish with the first choice finishing 15, as above, and start with
something like
Williams
Coles
Newell
Vaai
Retallick
Blackadder
Papalii
Jacobson
Roigard
Mckenzie
Clarke
Havili
Faingaanuku
Telea
Jordan

The whole round, outside Aus v Fiji, is a dead rubber.

Rugby is actually an extremely predictable sport. Genuine upsets are super rare and that's why they are such a big deal when they happen (still talking about Japan beating SA 8 years later as an example).
The way they did it too. Watched the whole game again recently and the absolute minerals to risk defeat and go for the win with the last play of the game when a draw was on offer. Greatest moment in rugby history for me.

Don't mind these matches. They're good experience for teams like Namibia.

Don't mind these matches. They're good experience for teams like Namibia.

Unfortunately not really. Their team is poor (financially as well) and there is a lot of corruption. They have been a constant in World Cups for a while, but they always getting blown away by teams like New Zealand. Getting walloped by New Zealand doesn't provide that much good experience imo.

Biggest winning margin of the WC coming I think. I hope not. And I'm routing for my neighbours, but I think Abs gonna go to town this game. Fitness is gonna tell.

And then what, we ignore Namibia for another four years, then remember them when we need a world cup?
African rugby is growing...lots of countries with WAY bigger populations now playing...we might not see Namibia at another world Cup.

Unfortunately not really. Their team is poor (financially as well) and there is a lot of corruption. They have been a constant in World Cups for a while, but they always getting blown away by teams like New Zealand. Getting walloped by New Zealand doesn't provide that much good experience imo.

That's a shame. Didn't know about the corruption.

I get that the ABs want some continuity with BB at 15. But him at 15 and DMac at 10 makes me want to chew my knuckles. I guess DMac is primarily in the 33 as utility and possibly second choice 10?

Latest posts