• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023] France vs New Zealand (08/09/2023)

It went backwards from his hands but momentum carried it forward. This isn't rocket science. Just because a ball is carried forward by a player's momentum, doesn't automatically make it a forward pass. It probably was in this case but the TMO should have stepped in to review. The referee in real-time can't see that since the pass went backward from the hand.

Watch this.

Firstly, this explanation can only be presented when you watch this detail on a video replay, certainly not in action.
So no video call, and secondly when you watch the replay, don't tell me you can see a rear hands move from the 10. only the ball trajectory is clear and witnesses this move.

It's about how the arms move. That video is approximately 15 years old so it isn't new information most people are aware of it. My issue with the second try was that the passer was walking forward when the pass was made. It also really doesn't help things that the TMO checks are being done in secret and the only one they showed was when it was clear that Penaud knocked it on.

It's about how the arms move. That video is approximately 15 years old so it isn't new information most people are aware of it. My issue with the second try was that the passer was walking forward when the pass was made. It also really doesn't help things that the TMO checks are being done in secret and the only one they showed was when it was clear that Penaud knocked it on.
I agree, a very close call in a WC match, Peyper should have formally called the TMO for a check

What do you think of Jaco Peyper's refereeing, the second All Black try was on a front of at least 5 meters, he stubbornly refused video refereeing !

Je pense qu'il voulait éviter un QF Afrique du Sud - All Black, c'est mon avis personnel...

In Ireland, the idle would be repeated 10 times in the 30 seconds after the test. Completely screwed up the production...

I do hope you appreciate the irony of French complaining about TV directors replaying things over and over when they think it will benefit their side... Honestly the French TV directors are by some distance the worst in the world for it, they are notorious in fact.

I do hope you appreciate the irony of French complaining about TV directors replaying things over and over when they think it will benefit their side... Honestly the French TV directors are by some distance the worst in the world for it, they are notorious in fact.
TV producers can't be blame systematically, because there is a huge difference beetween the traditional producers for rugby (FTV for 6N and European cups, C+ for TOP14) and TF1 and associates wich are only here for RWC.

By the way, talking about influence, French producers might be awarded for their inegalable naivity while not diffusing immediate replays on stadium giants screen in order to immediately call for the crowd noise

Well, your comment reminds me of the methods of Irish directors who are very well known for this type of method.

so funny, just rewatch the Lowe try in the last 6 nations where finally his feet have been into touch, but we never saw that live during the match. I'm unsure why the French TV producers are suddenly singled out, this is all tosh, TV producers are all the same, the british one will favour their teams, the irish one will do the same, ridiculous discussion

Last edited:
so funny, just rewatch the Lowe try in the last 6 nations where finally his feet have been into touch, but we never saw that live during the match. I'm unsure why the French TV producers are suddenly singled out, this is all tosh, TV producers are all the same, the british one will favour their teams, the irish one will do the same, ridiculous discussion
You're not winning this argument. I've never seen the TV producers so blatantly pick and choose whitch replays to show as the French. All others inc. British, Irish, NZ, Aus, SA etc. appear very neutral, and show immediate replays of everything equally. French tv certainly appear to only show arty slow motion replays of a player sipping water when the French side have made an error/transgressed; whearas show an immediate replay when the opposition does the same.

This is true for Heineken cup & 6 nations. Not clear yet about this WC, I didn't notice anything yesyerday. In fact they were very slow to show a good replay of that second NZ try, which resulted in less pressure being put on the ref by the crowd.

You're not winning this argument. I've never seen the TV producers so blatantly pick and choose whitch replays to show as the French. All others inc. British, Irish, NZ, Aus, SA etc. appear very neutral, and show immediate replays of everything equally. French tv certainly appear to only show arty slow motion replays of a player sipping water when the French side have made an error/transgressed; whearas show an immediate replay when the opposition does the same.

This is true for Heineken cup & 6 nations. Not clear yet about this WC, I didn't notice anything yesyerday. In fact they were very slow to show a good replay of that second NZ try, which resulted in less pressure being put on the ref by the crowd.
Sorry mate you are just imagining here. Show some evidences, there must be some nice youtube videos about that. On my side of the channel, that is exactly what is hapenning with brit TV (and btw, obviously there are 3 brit nations in rugby so you have to take that into account), showing majoritally waht goes against the opposition. My personal view: you are so used to have a brit enhanced perspective that it is all normal. but I guess thats just a perspective. You know what I hear in france since we know that we have the WC ? "ha finally, we won't get raped by the video..."..but hey we won't never agree I guess. But funny that is even a debate..."English spoken nations are fairly showing TV cut but the french are not" haha best one I heard tonite

NZ comfortably beaten. It's only the pool stage, but on this evidence they will get thrashed in the QF. Fozzie apologists need a reality check.

The absolute rugby urban myth, sorry guys, the French producers are not different from any other production teams, they just happen to speak a different langage than yours 😁
And BTW, "the" French producers are several teams from different firms with an extensive experience of various sporting events and they would ALL have exactly the same biased attitude ? Do I smell a touch of prejudice here ?

NZ comfortably beaten. It's only the pool stage, but on this evidence they will get thrashed in the QF. Fozzie apologists need a reality check.
Anything still could happen, including a first ever loss to Italy and not making into the QF….

That second test victory in South Africa last year, who saved Foster's job, might prove detrimental to this RWC campaign…I truly believe that Scott Robertson would have still had the time to steer this ship and make the right calls in terms of game plan and selection.

I thought the allblacks overdid the crossfield kick tactic.
welcome to the last 6 years of being an AB fan
Care to provide some detail in what about the head coaching you think is wrong? I'm not saying there is nothing to what you are saying but the trend is that people who go on about how crap foster is simply can't back it up with any reasonable arguments, it's mostly just pack mentality and people not realising that we actually don't have the best players in the world anymore. Where people do provide reasons, it's typically confirmation bias.

To me the mental fragility has come mainly from the media pressure the players have had over the last few years.

Players were poor. Some of this is due to feeling pressure at all blacks level (eg Taylor, mounga), some of it is just things (especially discipline) that are acceptable at super rugby level aren't at test level (eg papalii, jordan, newell, beauden).

Selection disruptions and players coming back from injury didn't help either.

Strike plays were a positive for this game. That's fosters role.

For the record I'm not saying foster is a great coach, just that I rarely hear good rationale as to why he's not.
....he is ******* poor though, playing a lock at 6....putting a less than 100% BBBR on the bench...when you have Jacobson in the squad...suggests you have f'd up your squad selection, keeping with an attack from anywhere gameplan, build no more than 4-5 phases before kicking, bomb in your own 22 like we have the 15 best players in the world....is just mad after 6 years of seeing it doesnt work, playing BB and RM together when we have SO MANY game that prove it doesnt work
I think the question needs to be asked of how much of NZs current apparent poor form is actual poor form and how much is other teams improving, making it that much more difficult for them to play the game they want.
definitely a bit of both, i personally dont think it can be argued that this squad would get smoked by the 2015 squad....but lots of other teams have definitely improved noticeably, long gone are the days we could play poorly and still win

Starting to think Beauden Barrett is underrated....
always has been, his highlight reel is full of footage with him wearing 22 running holes through guys that have already played 60min, puts in very few 80min games and doesnt know how to graft, flat track bully, one day the rest of the world we realise Savea is the same
I am not buying this "weakest AB team ever" thing, look at the rugby championship results a few weeks ago. They do not have the best scrum in the world, but they can attack from every corner of the field and they surely can defend.
What is obvious is that this AB team lacks leadership so when things start to get awry, they do not know how to collectively adjust, they just let go and let the opponents impose their rhythm. It was clearly the case against SA two weeks ago, and it happened again yesterday in the second half.
What is also obvious is that France has leadership aplenty and that once they regroup, they can turn up the pressure on any opponent until it chokes...
thats half a dozen games of good form in the last 4 years...that was a blip, not a sign of where we really are

This is a list of the "firsts" over the last 4 years

First to lose to Ireland in NZ.
First to lose a series to Ireland.
First 3 test series loss in professional era.
Worst halftime deficit ever.
First to lose to Argentina, and at home
Highest score against us
Biggest losing margin x2
Lowest world ranking
Worst win rate in Pro era
First ever consecutive 14 point+ losses
First loss in RWC pool play
Worst ever RWC loss
Biggest margin of defeats and highest scores conceded against Argentina, Ireland, Australia, South Africa, and France
Only ever time lost 3 consecutive home tests

wanted to post this separately so its not too overshadowed by the above, Well done France, played like a team and improved as the game went on. from what ive heard it might not have been as well as they are capable of but thats a sign of a good team, win when your not playing well

Latest posts