• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023 SF2] England vs South Africa (21/10/2023)

England have turned up. Game still very much in the balance though. England are completely reliant on Boks giving away penalties as they still don't look like scoring a try. S.A seem more likely to conjure a moment of magic.

Best rugby half I have seen since 8 PM 😂
From time to time, there is a pass in between 4 or 5 up and unders 😍

Last edited:
England have turned up. Game still very much in the balance though. England are completely reliant on Boks giving away penalties as they still don't look like scoring a try. S.A seem more likely to conjure a moment of magic.
No teams look like scoring a try. This is very much the Wales vs SA semi final from the last World Cup. (Although there were two tries in that one).

My only real ask was that England fronted up and the attitude was right. So far, they've definitely done that.

With such a small margin, it would be unrealistic to think SA won't come back strongly, but at least it's a more compelling game than last night.

If the pens don't come we bring Ford the drop goal machine on.

Ill be fuming if we put in this performence and beat SA in the SF then go on to lose convincingly to the ABs in a complete reversal of 4 years ago haha.

Can't help but feel England do need a couple of tries and not just rely on Pens.

England to win this...
kickfest as someone called it on here,but so far it's a great game

Wish World Rugby would change penalties to 2 points, same as the conversion for a try. It'll stop this boring kickfest.

This is the closest I've come to actually thinking England might do well in a WC game. I'm still keeping my expectations low though so I'm not disappointed. England to still lose by 30.

What a tense game, just don't see any magic from our team to get a try but can imagine it from the SW wingers though.

Very nervous!

Latest posts