• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023 SF2] England vs South Africa (21/10/2023)

He's coming in as attack
Where have you read that? Because the press releases don't say that and Wigglesworth was named as full attack coach at the start of the RWC after being initially named as an assistant (presumably because they thought they'd land Nick Evans)?

I mean hes not wrong. England did well but that was anti rugby!
Under the actual weather conditions I don't really know what you can expect, when anyone did try anything it was quickly fumbled, as someone pointed out these balls are not great for it.

Well that was a turn up. Some big players for England putting their hand up, Itoje, Curry and even Farrel tbf. Martin was superb whilst he was on. We have a gem if allowed to DevOps as a TH lock
O Keefe was pretty good but got the last two scrums wrong. Koch was virtually horizontal on both
Still really pleased and gives us a good base if we can find some props that can scrum 🙄

Where have you read that? Because the press releases don't say that and Wigglesworth was named as full attack coach at the start of the RWC after being initially named as an assistant (presumably because they thought they'd land Nick Evans)?
I'll try to find where I read it...was announced as attack Coach. Wigglesworth acting temporarily.

I may be wrong but I'm sure I'm not...let me have a look.

Jesus, I feel for England now. Wouldn't expect it..but yeah, it's like when someone gave you a chance and then suddenly took it back just in the end

Oh go cry into your warm beer under a bridge somewhere:p
I've been meaning to ask as I wasn't sure - are you 12 or 13? Teenage boy is pretty clear I just couldn't quite guess the age

Rugby wise - have to give boks massive credit. You don't play that badly first half and come out on top by accident.

Anyway, a tough pill - but at least 80% of the rugby watching population will be happy.

Think we see a close final next week tbh. SA likely go to pollard and play the plan england went with here and make it miserable for nz. Coin flip for who wins.

So France and England unite in thinking O'Keefe is a knob.
We'll all be backing ABs with the Irish as the team who didn't get two knock out based on rubs of the green.

We lost that in the scrum it was in our hands. BOK didn't help but I'm not going to pretend he lost us the match entirely.

SA were wretched tonight - but they won. That game was the best thing that could have happened to the Boks. People will now consider NZ as favourites for the final and that suits the SA mentality a lot better than being massive favourites. I think on the night England probably deserved to win but over the tournament it would have been a travesty had we got through.

Wow. I really thought we lost that. England came in with the better game plan for this. Subs were the big turning points, Pollard, Fourie and RG plus the pressure on the scrum. Really proud of the character of the team to just not give up and keep pushing.

Really is looking decent for England if they can build with Borthwick in the next 4 years. He got shafted by a short time period ahead of this World Cup and has come one point short of getting them to the final. Think England supporters can be incredibly proud of how their team performed today… but it's also gutting that you started off with no Hope (based on the posts in this thread) then they had you believe and then it was just taken at the end there. That feeling is worse.

Man Pollard… wow.

So sorry for the English fans on the board here. That one I'm sure is a tough one to take.
Absolutely class post unlike a classless Kiwi one, all the best next week!

No that was rugby. A physical defence, kicking your point and not risking an expansive game plan in the wet against a great scrummaging team. Kicking to compete and getting alot of success. The right gameplan.
44 kicks isnt rugby it is anti rugby.

I've said for a while now Rugby is losing traction as a global sport, and many sports are fighting to take our spot. Rugby is slowly dropping in audience ratings to other sports, and games like this is why.

The game has become more sanitised, overly technical and now the last elements of entertainment ball in hand are being left away by all the biggest teams.

We'll all be backing ABs with the Irish as the team who didn't get two knock out based on rubs of the green.

We lost that in the scrum it was in our hands. BOK didn't help but I'm not going to pretend he lost us the match entirely.
Last few decisions stick in the mind but england got a but of rub from him as well. Playing this game by kicking everything is always playing with fire even if it was probably right considering conditions.

I've said for a while now Rugby is losing traction as a global sport, and many sports are fighting to take our spot. Rugby is slowly dropping in audience ratings to other sports, and games like this is why.

The game has become more sanitised, overly technical and now the last elements of entertainment ball in hand are being left away by all the biggest teams.
Oh shut up you dick. Go and watch ******* 7s

******* with rain and the new grip technology on the ball turns to an oil slick in the rain (as said by many players this tournament and shown by the amount of wild handling errors today)

What did you expect?
Wet weather games are a thing

Latest posts