• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023 SF2] England vs South Africa (21/10/2023)

I think a lot of fans are just tired of seeing the same teams in the final over and over again.

France is the exception among RWC final apperances because they never won it, I guess.

That's exactly the word I was looking for. Fatigue.

Here's an overview of all finals since 1987.

36 years of world cup rugby, and only 5 countries have reached a final.

New Zealand: 3/4
South Africa: 3/3
Australia: 2/4
England: 1/3
France: 0/3

The funny thing is that Argentina made it to more RWC semi finals than Ireland and Scotland combined, and the same amount as Wales, despite being a relatively new Tier 1 nation in the sport.

View attachment 18234
Ah thanks for posting this. In my head I was thinking it had only been 5 teams ever but wasn't 100%

Small correction : England are 1/4 :(

I don't know much about Rassie but listening to the Rugby Pod today they were talking about Rassie apparently picking teams based on "battle stats"? Something about the time taken to make a tangible impact on the game, whether that's slowing down ball, turnover, etc. And apparently Kwagga Smith has the best battle stats. I don't know if this is fully accurate but makes sense to me from what I do know of him. I really like the idea.
Can confirm this, have heard it from Heyneke Meyer, Swys De Bruyn and Nick Mallett. They briefed some of the past coaches of their way of doing things. Rassie has his negative aspects, but he is one hell of a rugby mind.

I cannot see Smith at 15 again. We saw vs France that SA will occasionally kick to compete and they have a knack for making it work. We need to have a 15 who can compete in the air and have players not be lazy fuckers so we are there before the SA support are. There really is no excuse to be outnumbered by the opposition behind your own lines, it is sheer laziness. Smith is not the poor defender he has been portrayed to be and fronted up to Randrandra just fine imo. In the air though, I cannot see him winning that.

Also how is fuckers not starred but ***le is?

One of their main ploys was targeting Bielle-Biarrey with the high ball. South Africa are known to kick a lot. Watch for a massive aerial battle between South Africa vs. England this semi final. Steward will be back in the team.

Just lifting my head out of (still) crying into my coco-pops* to suggest that England might do well to reach double figures in this one.

*normally be rice krispies, but I'm comfort eating so duck off. 😭

Just lifting my head out of (still) crying into my coco-pops* to suggest that England might do well to reach double figures in this one.

*normally be rice krispies, but I'm comfort eating so duck off. 😭
It's only (another) semi final we will be fine

It's only (another) semi final we will be fine
Oh ay, ye'll be grand - your expecting fuk all out of it so can't really be gutted when the chariot falls apart.

Still expecting the boks to hammer yez though. Not sure whether SA would be good for a 40 point handicap. Fairly sure of 30.

Oh ay, ye'll be grand - your expecting fuk all out of it so can't really be gutted when the chariot falls apart.

Still expecting the boks to hammer yez though. Not sure whether SA would be good for a 40 point handicap. Fairly sure of 30.
But it will fall apart in a semi final

Honestly, I don't want to read about "daddy England" and all that bragging from English posters,so want SA to win this.

@Lé Ddanno
Read comments from English posters in other topics..one of the real examples :
It's ok, Ireland. Daddy England will be there to teach you and Wales how to win QFs. Pay attention later; you can learn from your father.

SA are the team England wish they could be. I wish we'd get away from trying to be the six nations South Africa and have are own style
Your style has always been grunt down the middle, kick the penalty, unless you completely outclass who you're playing, then you can throw it about if it looks safe

The most conservative and boring national team

Latest posts