[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Jack Cuthbert[/TD]
[TD]22[/TD]
[TD]Felix Jones[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Last edited:
The one thing I don't like about Summer internationals is that they're always on the same bloomin' time
I'd like to watch this but it's on when England's match is

Thank you Olly

Ireland have to win playing well with good rugby and giving new guys a chance. ****.

Scotland have to score a try. Really hard.

World Cups and things related to world cups are our speciality B)

I guess the Scots will be looking for the following things:

To deternine who our first choice fly-half is.
To get Chris Cusiter some much needed game time.
To get our scrum in good, working oder.
Possibly to blood back-up options like Harley, Weir and such
To smash the Oirish :D

The result of this game doesn't really matter for Ireland. What is more important is getting players like Rob Kearney, Tomas O'Leary and Jerry Flannery game time having missed a chunk of last season. I hope Felix Jones and Conor Murray get a run out and Sean O'Brien sees action at number 8. If O'Brien can prove he's a capable international number 8, it means the need to pick Denis Leamy in the World Cup squad is lessened significantly. That would be a great thing.

The result of this game doesn't really matter for Ireland. What is more important is getting players like Rob Kearney, Tomas O'Leary and Jerry Flannery game time having missed a chunk of last season. I hope Felix Jones and Conor Murray get a run out and Sean O'Brien sees action at number 8. If O'Brien can prove he's a capable international number 8, it means the need to pick Denis Leamy in the World Cup squad is lessened significantly. That would be a great thing.

Shut up.

I'd rather see O'Brian given a run at 7 to be honest. He's got to prove to Deccie that he can operate there and give us the option of having both him and Ferris on the pitch at the same time against Australia and Italy. As for not bringing Leamy, well of course I don't want him there. Locky, Jennings, Donncha Ryan and the two Connacht boys would all merit inclusion over him. That said, if he were to travel he'd be a distant fifth choice and would only be likely to see action against the US and Russia. With that in mind I don't see it as a big issue.

I reckon it'll be on the BBC - could be regional to Scotland, but it'll be on the BBC website live and then on iPlayer afterwards if it is shown

I'd like:

1. Healy
2. Best (can't play Cronin against that lineout)
3. Ross
4. O'Callaghan
5. Cullen
6. Ferris
7. Jennings
8. O'Brien
9. Murray
10. Sexton
11. Fitzgerald
12. McFadden
13. Bowe
14. Trimble
15 Jones

I'd rather see Ireland playing a full team against Scotland twice and England once so we can avoid injuries against France where it's most likely to happen. 1. Healy2. Best3. Ross4. DOC5. POC6. Ferris7. SOB just to see how it works.8. Heaslip9. Murray10. Sexton11. Earls12. McFadden13. BOD14. Bowe15. Murphy/KearneyThen we should smash the Scots and retain confidence from the 6n

It'll be pretty hard to play our best team against Scotland twice as we're only playing them once. It's France twice.

First and foremost these matches should be used to give game time to the injured guys and bolters, but at the same time it should be close to the first team, otherwise you'll be in the same situation as South Africa having absolutely no cohesion with a bunch of guys who haven't played with each other in yonks. The last thing we need is a loss to Scotland.

The team should be something like this

15. Jones/Kearney
14. Bowe
13. O'Driscoll
12. McFadden(I believe D'Arcy won't be fit for the summer games.)
11 Trimble
10 Sexton
9 O'Leary
8 Heaslip
7 Wallace
6 O'Brien
5 O'Connell
4 O'Callaghan
3 Ross
2 Best
1 Healy

16 Flannery
17 Buckley
18 Ryan
19 Ferris
20 Murray
21 O'Gara
22 Kearney/Jones

I looked on rte and sky sports and I don't see the match scheduled on Saturday?

I looked on rte and sky sports and I don't see the match scheduled on Saturday?

It's on BBC 2, although I saw on RTE 2 between the times it would be broadcast the "no listings available" so it may also be on there but I'm not sure.

EDIT: Sorry, just saw Olyy posted this.

Will be interesting gto see who is at 12 because with D'Arcy looking uncertain to make World Cup - Will Deccie put Wallace at 12 and try build his form up or let McFadden have a go and take a chance.
I've heard the Scots are resting alot of regulars so we should be brave and let a few young lads take a chance.
Feic I know you'd like to see SOB and Ferris play the 2 flanks but we have seen it too much now that Wallace is our only natural 7 and well O'Brien is slightly wasted at 7 as he seems to be at his most destructive at 6 but I'd like to see him at 8 too. As for Leamy I'd agree if his form is like last season then I wouldn't have him on plane to NZ but we have to remember it's a new season so form for some will have gone and others it'll have returned.

Latest posts