• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Scotland vs Ireland - 06/08/2011 - RWC Warm Up

Everything in BOLD.... Why? Please, why?

5 of them because they play(ed) for Munster and Boss because he knows the good bars in New Zealand.

It does have the look of a second hand squad plus Sexton.

Obviously this and the Connacht game are gonna be used for injured and fringe players to give others a rest. France and England will see stronger teams.

Good to see Leo getting his chance to captain his country.The rest of the pack is pretty useless.I didn't even realise Niall Ronan was in the 43 man squad!

Leo Cullen captaining and Felix Jones being included are the high points for me

Having both Tony Buckley and John Hayes in the 22 is the definite low point
"We're getting dicked in the scrums, think we need to get Buckley off"
"Yeah, lets get him replaced with.....Hayes.....ah....."

7 - Niall Ronan (Shannon/ Munster)

Ronan isn't even in the 43 man squad, what's the point of playing somebody who has no chance whatsoever of making the 30 man squad

the selectors need to see if O'Brien is a good seven to see if they can fit Ferris and SO'B in the same team also Jennings needs a chance to prove that he can make the final 30

so why Ronan?

Jennings is still injured go back a few pages to see status on injured players.

Christ that's a bad team was hoping to see some experimentation with the players who are young/haven't had chances. What we've given is old tor tested player who are not up to it, With exception of McFadden, Jones and Cronin. John Hayes and Tony Buckley what can I say this is the worst of calls seriously whose F*cking bright idea was it? Buckely goes to **** so to back him up we have Hayes what kinda **** is that. Last but not least the scrumhalfs why? TOL is a tool slow ball crap box kick and hes an ugly c*unt to. Boss is ok better than TOL but Conor Murray has been playing very well and should have been given a shot.rant over. Although I am happy with Kearney, Fitz and Leo being given chances.

Trimble and Fitz could make a good pair of wings with Trimble being a running wing and Fitz a more skilled and tactical player bit like how Jane and Gilford worked on the weekend (not the same level obviously). Hopefully Wallace is able to distibute well from 12 and bring Trimble into the game out wide because he can be fairly effective on attack. I think our pack will take a bit of a beating we don't have sombody with that X factor such as Heslip there instead we have a group of fairly average players who have just about made it pro. Hoping for big games or at least good game form Both Kearney and Jones who should be give a good 30 mins to show what he can do.

Meh. Don't like that Ireland team but this is just a glorified pre-season friendly. I hope the entire squad get significant game time over the next month so that we're not relying on the same XV players throughout the world cup.

My only query is why Niall Ronan is there. He's not going to the World Cup and he's not one for the future. I'd prefer if Dominic Ryan, Rhys Ruddock or Willie Faloon were given a shot.

no back up ten that I can see ( may be wrong ) , I think kidney should swap the front rows all at the same time

I suspect that Paddy Wallace will be the third choice emergency 10 at the World Cup so he'll likely see some action at flyhalf over the next 5 games.

Pathetic back row. Seriously, none of them should travel or even be in contention to travel. Playing them will teach us nothing.

I feel sorry for our Fergus. He's going to have to do the defensive duties of two players, not something you'd want when trying to stake a claim for a starting berth.

backs are fine minus tol but against scotland i thought you would want to play a strong pack
and a back made of players who are likley to travel

I really think Scotland could win this one, or at least have enough possesion to see who will make the 30 and who will be cut.

Lads there is a bit of reasoning behind team although some decisions are strange.
Top guys in Munster and Leinster should not start playing games until week 7 of their pre-season which is next week.
I presume that if you look at team guys back early are - McFadden, Sexton, Leamy, Fitzgearld, Ryan, Cullen, Horan, Hayes, McLaughlin and Jones.
McFadden needs alot of gametime in centre to allow him to know calls etc as it's likely he'll be required here.
Sexton - Simply because ROG is out and Kidney only will bring the 2 specialized 10's with Wallace as 3rd choice.
Leamy - Fighting for a spot and didn't really feature alot apart from 10-20 minute spells towards close of season.
Fitzgearld - Simply needs confidence boost and I expect Earls and Bowe will get their chance next week.
Ryan, Cullen and McLaughlin it seems are all fighting for spots and this is a chance to show their talent.
Horan and Hayes - Well simply we resting Ross and Healy and options in the squad selected are stretched.
Jones I think is getting chance to fight for spot too and would've been certain if Kearney didn't need game time.

Find it strange alright to see Niall Ronan there as I'd have a few ahead of him here in Munster never mind Ireland but we shouldn't read alot into this as it's simply a game to stretch the legs and work on a few things while allowing some show what they can do.
Great to see Fla back too but hope to see Murray et his shot next week and hope this isn't what we'll be doing for World Cup having a 5-2 split as I don't think it's a great move tactically considering our options.

what then? maybe Kearney to wing and Jones slots into FB? seems a little over the top if sexton gets injured and you have 4 moving postion and bring on a sub

Latest posts