• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Scotland vs Ireland - 06/08/2011 - RWC Warm Up

I've watched enough to know that McFadden isn't as great as some people make out and Wallace is better than some people make him out to be.
You said Wallace was more creative and McFadden was a D'Arcy clone.

You couldnt have watched either of these guys this year if thats what you think.

Joke of a statement.

You said Wallace was more creative and McFadden was a D'Arcy clone.

You couldnt have watched either of these guys this year if thats what you think.

Joke of a statement.

I can kind of see what he means... Wallace is more of a playmaker, although recent form suggests he's lost that aspect of his game, whereas D'Arcy and McFadden are similar in that they both like to step side to side a bit and run it straight with a low centre of gravity. D'Arcy does have more class than McFadden though. I don't really like the idea of McFadden as our future replacement at 12 let alone 13. I'd prefer someone with a running game but also a distribution game.

I can kind of see what he means... Wallace is more of a playmaker, although recent form suggests he's lost that aspect of his game, whereas D'Arcy and McFadden are similar in that they both like to step side to side a bit and run it straight with a low centre of gravity. D'Arcy does have more class than McFadden though. I don't really like the idea of McFadden as our future replacement at 12 let alone 13. I'd prefer someone with a running game but also a distribution game.

Yes thats what I think. Wallace is a creative player although I'm not saying hes better, just different.

Eoin O'Malley looks a good prospect for Leinster and Ireland at center. He could be too small though??

Yes thats what I think. Wallace is a creative player although I'm not saying hes better, just different.

Eoin O'Malley looks a good prospect for Leinster and Ireland at center. He could be too small though??

Yeah i definitely think O'Malley has an X factor about him but he could get knocked around on the test stage. It's unfortunate because on the other hand if he bulks up he may lose a lot of speed. It says on the Leinster site that he's the same height as BOD but 7 kgs lighter. That's a lot of extra weight to carry. Macken is another centre people are talking about but he hasn't had many chances so far.. Getting a bit off topic with the thread though haha.

I won't hear this insolence regarding D'Arcy/McFadden. Wallace doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as either player. He's the rugby equivalent of John O'Shea. "Jack of all trades, master of none."

At least Mincer can catch the ball in an Ireland shirt unlike some other inside-centres :p

I won't hear this insolence regarding D'Arcy/McFadden. Wallace doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as either player. He's the rugby equivalent of John O'Shea. "Jack of all trades, master of none."

Huh? I never compared how good Wallace is compared to D'Arcy/McFadden. I am also a major critic of Wallace and don't think he should be near an Irish jersey. I only pointed out their playing styles.

I can kind of see what he means... Wallace is more of a playmaker, although recent form suggests he's lost that aspect of his game
Okay so first of all, is he a playmaker or not? Your statement says he is, then says he isnt anymore. Or do you guys just label him as a playmaker because he used to play at 10? (and subsequently arent too sure if hes still a playmaker because he doesnt play there anymore).

whereas D'Arcy and McFadden are similar in that they both like to step side to side a bit and run it straight with a low centre of gravity.
Seriously, is that what you guys see when you watch D'Arcy and McFadden play? A shorter player that side-steps? Thats how you define a player?

Christ on a bike, no wonder the good posters have all gone.

Okay so first of all, is he a playmaker or not? Your statement says he is, then says he isnt anymore. Or do you guys just label him as a playmaker because he used to play at 10? (and subsequently arent too sure if hes still a playmaker because he doesnt play there anymore).

Seriously, is that what you guys see when you watch D'Arcy and McFadden play? A shorter player that side-steps? Thats how you define a player?

Christ on a bike, no wonder the good posters have all gone.

Why do you seem so flustered? That's what i think and if you don't then that's fine. In regards to Wallace i think he's a play maker but terribly off form so we haven't been seeing that recently.

Regarding D'Arcy/McFadden, i do see them as that kind of player. Players that prefer to run rather than to distribute. Feel free to let me know what kind of players you think they are.. Then again, also feel free to ignore my posts if you don't find them to your tastes.

John O'Shea is without a doubt my favourite footballer. You've made yourself a powerful enemy here today Dorce.

Comparing Johnner to that Wally, ridiculous.

Why do you seem so flustered?
Because people like you cant look beyond one aspect of what a player does with the ball when defining a players ability, or style.

Defensive ability is not worth consideration, neither is discipline, kicking from hand, kicking for goal, guts, technique, error count etc..

Systems (both defensive and offensive) imposed by the coaches shouldnt be considered either, neither should position played, previous experience, the gavin henson factor ...

Nahh sure why actually consider a response when you can just brand a player as a "side-stepping runner".

Once again i'll point out my main focus was their style of play when playing with ball in hand as i could see that was what Profitius meant from his perspective. If i wanted to analyse a player from my own perspective more thoroughly then sure i'd bring into consideration their defensive and tactical abilities. I only ever mentioned on a side note, not as a primary focus, that D'Arcy has more class than McFadden but i wasn't going to get into that as that wasn't the point. If someone wanted me to elaborate on that, then sure i would. Don't bite my head off just because you assume i can't see beyond one aspect of a player. Again, if you were to brand the kinds of players D'arcy and Wallace are, what would you say?

Once again i'll point out my main focus was their style of play when playing with ball in hand as i could see that was what Profitius meant from his perspective.
Once again? You are implying you are repeating yourself. Can you point out to me where you narrowed your focus? And while your at it, can you point out where profitus stated his particular focus (which you seem to be so well aware of). You are either psychic, related, or of a similarly limited view. Thats my f*ckin point. People dont think on here, people dont want to talk about rugby. If there isnt a "whats your top15" thread on it, its not worth discussing on here.

If I wanted to analyse a player from my own perspective more thoroughly then sure i'd bring into consideration their defensive and tactical abilities.
But you didnt. You seemed content to point out that one was not a distributor, one lacked class, and one was more of a steppy kinda player.

I only ever mentioned on a side note, not as a primary focus
No, you quoted me to dissagree with me directly, which makes it your primary focus.

Again, if you were to brand the kinds of players D'arcy and Wallace are, what would you say?
Should I include offense, defense, tactical ability, leadership, experience, physical attributes, injury history, on-pitch discipline, squad integration? Or should I stick with calling them steppy-kicky-tackly-runny kinda players?

Latest posts