• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Scotland vs Ireland - 06/08/2011 - RWC Warm Up

YYYYAAAASSSSS!!!!!!!

Never doubted the boys for a second :D

Is the game over yet? Sky Sports is a wee bit slow at updating

I'm currently experiencing indifference to the result and a dislike for numbers 6-9 and 12.

Scotland may have won the match but should be disappointed with the performance

Ireland should be disappointed with result and performance.

however im worried for scotland
they struggled past well not even a full strength 2nd string ireland team

Poor match. Good to see Kearney and Flannery back. The wings were quite good, hopefully Fitzgerald is on the up again, seemed to be one of the few to add a bit of spark when he got the ball.
We did better up front than I thought we would, but seemed to go backwards an awful lot when the forwards took the ball on. Needed a Wallace or SOB to provide a bit of go forward. Scrum was poor. Line out could have been worse and got a few steals.

The backs were pretty disappointing in how they went about things- kicking the ball away most of the time instead of having a go.
O'Leary wasn't as bad as he can be but wasn't great either. He made a few decent kicks and got a turnover at one point I think, but once again his speed from the breakdown was poor.
On the plus side, the defense was pretty good and we disrupted a lot of Scottish ball. At the end of the day, it was pretty much our second string against a near first choice Scotland team and we could have won, though Scotland deserved the win.
Whatever about us, I don't think this game says much for Scotland. A lot of teams would have put that Irish team away comfortably today, with that amount of ball and territory.

christ that was bad... Back 3 looked ok Kearney in particular was effective but we never got the bloody ball. As D'arcy said rugby was the loser, awful stuff.

Yes it was a low scoring game but I still thought it was a riveting armwrestle.

Not good for Scotland as this was a 2nd and a half string side.

I didn't see the game but the result is no surprise. That Ireland pack was muck. Good to see there were no injuries and some squad players got their match fitness up.

What I hope Declan Kidney takes from this is that Niall Ronan and Tomas O'Leary have no business wearing the green of Ireland again. I suspect the former is true but O'Leary will be Ireland's starting 9 against Australia and Italy.

A better than expected albeit nothing more than average/solid performance form and 2nd/3rd string irish team. I was happy with the back three´s endevour and enthusiasm. I thought Kearney had a very good match that he can build on. Ireland were solid in defence and good at the breakdown. I thought are backrow was much better than I anticipated. Sexton and TOL didn´t have a great connection in my opinion and even TOL had a fairly compitent match he still lacks constitstency and speed. Wallace showed no experience today and did not support Mcfadden well enough we need better 2nd string centre options. The front row showed some of the good and the bad but I didn´t have high hopes in that area anyway. All in all it what is to be expected from a lower string team away from home and the start of the pre season but alot still to build on

Well an awful match but well strange in some ways. Snoop I agree Niall Ronan won't be going to New Zealand but he did well today. Trimble and Fitzgeard did some poor things and some good things that are expercted for 1st game back. Lads like Donnacha Ryan and Mike McCarthy did well. Cullen led the team well. Cronin was poor and well I think Flannery and Best will be our 2 but don't know in which order. Leamy I thought played very well and took on alot of ball. Sexton did well but the biggest worry I have is our centres - neither really shined today and well I know today was Scotland but when we meet Austrailia they will rip us a new one.
Our defense was excellent for majority of game too.

Wasn't a very good performance from Ireland but certain people played well like Fitzy, Kearney and O Leary was ok. If John Hayes's pass had gone to the player outside Ireland might have scored a try, should have been out penalty for a purpose knock on. And did nobody else think that pass to Ansbro was blatantly forward?

Cronin was poor and well I think Flannery and Best will be our 2 but don't know in which order.

Cronin will go as well, every team brings 3.

Don't know if anyone remembers but I'm pretty sure Sextons pass wasn't forward and Kearney was in. Like most thought the back three was good. Trimble did whats expected of him, Kearney looked good and Fitzy is getting there I'd say 70%. Buckley was a monster in defense the system suits him totally petty he can't scrummage did well inb one or two but pretty poor.

I thought Wallace and Mcfadden made a poor partnership. Unfortunately I feel Wallace will get first preference over McFadden which makes me quite sad.

Cronin will go as well, every team brings 3.

Don't know if anyone remembers but I'm pretty sure Sextons pass wasn't forward and Kearney was in. Like most thought the back three was good. Trimble did whats expected of him, Kearney looked good and Fitzy is getting there I'd say 70%. Buckley was a monster in defense the system suits him totally petty he can't scrummage did well inb one or two but pretty poor.

I know 3 will go and Cronin will be one of 3 but really felt he had a big chance today to stake his claim as a starter but won't write him off totally yet. When I said Fla and Best would be our 2 I meant in a match squad.

Latest posts