• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Scotland vs Ireland - 06/08/2011 - RWC Warm Up

My pre-international optimism is here at the moment. Wait an hour and a half and you'll see ******-off, disappointed Monkeypigeon.

Match delayed by 15mins for some reason or other (something to do with people turning up without tickets or something)

I'm jittery with nerves, get the bloomin game started!!!

That said it'd be nice for there to actually be a crowd

Got myself a nice little set-up here:
Forgot my girlfriend is at work today, so got Ireland/Scotland on the TV and England/Wales on my laptop :p

Game being completely played in Ireland's half, need more ball. Richie Gray is looking a good prospect.

Got myself a nice little set-up here:
Forgot my girlfriend is at work today, so got Ireland/Scotland on the TV and England/Wales on my laptop :p

Amateur

There was one weekend where there was Superugby, Vodacom Cup, Sevens and football on

Got my T.V. On with the Superugby on, the Vodacom Cup on through Picture in Picture, the football on my Ipod through a mobile decoder, and last but not least, the Sevens on my laptop.

Top that :p

You call me an amateur, yet you're the one watching football!

Everytime I've looked at the TV it's either been a Scotland penalty, or they've been deep in Ireland's half

Dropkick O'Leary is back. With his shotgun-pass. As in it takes about the same time to load a pass as it does for him to make one.

Though Paddy 'Anonymous' Wallace is better than what we had the last few matches.

As expected, we can't get our hands on the ball. The back three seem to be doing well enough when we get the ball out to them.

I thought there was supposed to be unbiased commentary!?!

Yuze are not reporting the plethora of tries that Scotland are scoring.

Right?

And yet, we lead. 0-3 after 33 minutes. Bloody dull.

I disagree, it's a great match to watch, both teams are throwing the ball around and giving it a go, I thought the Scots would destroy the team we put out so pleasantly surprised.

Back three, Sexton, Cullen looking good. Scrum as expected getting dicked, bar Cronin the rest of the team are holding their own.

Interesting to hear Wood saying that Ireland's pre season has been focused on fitness instead of bulking up and that a lot of players have actually lost weight. Contrast to last time round when they were Monsters after the pre-season.

Hmmmm, cannot seem to edit my posts

Well Ireland have scored another penalty, 10 mins or so left

Argh, how!?!

Painful painful stuff. Wings have been good though. Earls and Bowe are still better.

I'm disappointed tbh. I know it's a weak Irish team but we didn't actually go out with a game plan did we. The backs ran side ways with no one straightening it up but when we ran it straight it was only to bosh it up the middle. Dire dire match to say the least. I mean it's a warm up match so we should be trying things but when you see Sexton going for goal from about 45 metres out it makes you think they just want to win it by grinding it out without seeing what they can do. Btw i thought that Scotland try had a forward pass in it. Like very very forward. Congrats to Scotland though, they actually showed some determination.

Latest posts