• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Spring Tour: South Africa v England -2nd Test. (16/06/2012 15:00GMT)

was a weird game actually
We thought Tuilagi was going to be a force, Hougaard to be very slow again and JP Pietersen a now show
None of this materialised, just shows you the beauty of test rugby

I'd like Gibson to play 7, but I can tell there's not a way in hell that'll happen.
Haven't you heard? Gibson is now a 6, much like Fearns is now a 7.....why are England selectors so dumb?

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2

Haven't you heard? Gibson is now a 6, much like Fearns is now a 7.....why are England selectors so dumb?

Well f**k me first I read I thought they had Fearns at 6 and Gibson at 7 which would make sense. This makes as much f**king sense as an Elephant trying to chat up a prostitute.

For someone who was a back-row Lancaster doesn't half seem to have a sodding blind spot there. At least it's not as bad Andy Robinson's though. That was a blind spot as big as a shipwrecked man's balls.

Well, not sodding yet anyway.

I'm starting to think we're now doing it the South African way, much like when we had 6. Wood, 7. Haskell last year.

The irony being your openside got completely blown away by our blindside ;)

jerry.gif

I'm starting to think we're now doing it the South African way, much like when we had 6. Wood, 7. Haskell last year.
Blah, doesn't really matter which way they line up, the only real difference between the positions is that the openside has more space to cover off the base of the scrum so is ideally the faster of the two. I think it's more important to want a fetcher. Robshaw has really grown into that role (despite so many, including myself, saying he wasn't a 7...), and England's approach to the breakdown is the single, biggest improvement under Lancaster.

Would still like a 6. Robshaw 7. Wood/Armitage in the future, mind.

its crazy why S Armitage wasnt included in the squad. A Lancaster blunder.

its crazy why S Armitage wasnt included in the squad. A Lancaster blunder.

Armitage still had club duty then; we could have called him up, but decided not to **** Toulon off at this juncture. Imagine he'll be looked at some point over the next year. So, perfectly good reason actually.

Sounds nothing like the RFU to care if they **** a club off. Particularly a French club.

Latest posts