• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What changes with Eddie Jones

If anyone saw the BT sport edition of the Europe highlights BOD was on there saying other than set plays he doesn't think it matters what number you wear. He thought flexibility at the first receiver was really important

Using Manu as a first receiver would be laughable. Much rather have Farrell in the 12 shirt in that case.

Though Burgess didn't work out when he got the ball at 12 he attracted attention of more than one tackler and that gives players like ford options to unleash the back 3 or jj into space or just let him truck it up.
Now that could work with manu aswell except he'd do more damage trucking it up and it gives the pack momentum from it.
I can't see any reason why trying him at 12 isn't at least worth a try, we've got four years so let's do it now rather than later ( if he gets fit)

Anyone else wondering if Jones might get tempted to try Fraser and Kvesic in tandem at some point? He did it with Waugh and Smith I think and we've seen what Hooper and Pocock did in the RWC. In the absence of a top notch 6, I wonder if he might try something like that either side of a heavyweight 8 like Hughes or Billy.

If we can remember how to field a powerful front 5 with the likes of Brookes and George, why not? (Apart from there being no chance that Fraser will stay fit). Might help feed what could be a very exciting back line.

Anyone else wondering if Jones might get tempted to try Fraser and Kvesic in tandem at some point? He did it with Waugh and Smith I think and we've seen what Hooper and Pocock did in the RWC. In the absence of a top notch 6, I wonder if he might try something like that either side of a heavyweight 8 like Hughes or Billy.

If we can remember how to field a powerful front 5 with the likes of Brookes and George, why not? (Apart from there being no chance that Fraser will stay fit). Might help feed what could be a very exciting back line.

Or play Fraser and Croft together and place bets on who will break first.

uuejl.jpg

We're not short of 6s it just a question of identifying and picking the best.

Watched a bit of Saints vs Glaws. Didn't see all of it, but anybody else have concerns about Ben Morgan's form.

He's never impressed in a Glaws shirt but for one or two matches. Morgan may want to buck up his ideas, since Eddie may not look to his England form as much as Lancaster would have.

I think he needs to up his game, there are other 8s who are playing a lot better than him.

Tom Wood doesn't seem to be rated much any more but he played well v Gloucester. As did Kvesic

Ewers is a physical 6

Fraser didn't play this weekend...does anyone know why? Not injured again is he.
I also didn't realise he was 26, I thought he was in his early 20's. If he continues with his injury woes he may find his chance of a cap slipping away,

I'm worried that once again Sarries are winning lots and that Jones will look at that as evidence that Sarries players are best for England. Apart from a brief spell for Ashton, I cannot think of any Sarries players who have played as well for England as they have for their club. Don't know if it is the system or a mental thing but they just don't seem to function as internationals.

I'm worried that once again Sarries are winning lots and that Jones will look at that as evidence that Sarries players are best for England. Apart from a brief spell for Ashton, I cannot think of any Sarries players who have played as well for England as they have for their club. Don't know if it is the system or a mental thing but they just don't seem to function as internationals.

I'd have kruis, itoje, Fraser, billy v and mako v in my match day 23 any day.

I hair don't think their backs have the skills needed at international level.

Fraser didn't play this weekend...does anyone know why? Not injured again is he.
I also didn't realise he was 26, I thought he was in his early 20's. If he continues with his injury woes he may find his chance of a cap slipping away,

They're easing him back in and making sure he doesn't play back to back weeks

They're easing him back in and making sure he doesn't play back to back weeks

That's not true about last weekend, he was due to play and they pulled him out before the game, so he must be inured/ have a ****le again.

Sarries play style uses their players strengths/weaknesses in a very efficient manner - i.e. lots of our players are limited but the system we play is designed to cover those weakness. At international level, you can't afford to do that.

You have to admire the way Sarries play, so well drilled and precise when they are on form. I think with the strength in their squad they have benefitted from other teams having a slow start post RWC and I can't see them finishing anywhere other than 1st this season.

I hope as well that EJ does not use them as the backbone of the team as I agree that a number of their players are very limited in terms of their capability.

Even Farrell looks good!

Latest posts