• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2014 Mid-Year Tests] New Zealand vs England (3rd Test)

Way too many mistakes and we seem to be slipping on the ground and off tackles. Thought the yellow was harsh but makes little difference, we are being put to the sword with 14 or 15. Hoping for a reaction following HT.

Have England just not turned up or are we seeing the All Black's play beyond even that third quarter last week? They look deadly.

For me they look tired, and New Zealand look hungry after 2 close scoring games.

Brown has looked tired all series, maybe Foden should of had a shot.

I would think that England would come back strong in the second half. They've been too good in this series to keep playing like this.

I do not think that the back line was picked with defence in mind...........who on earth has a clue about organising it?

There are huge gaps every time the AB's get the ball..............

England's midfield defensive alignment has been terrible with Eastmond rushing up and leaving gaps. Ashton went missing for the first 20 minutes.

England being well and truely schooled in how to play rugby. A lot of the tackling looks absolutely atrocious though, well below the standard we expect from England. Has Ashton disease become contageous or something?

Christ, there are three All Blacks standing in the gap between Eastmond and Manu on the set piece.

And if he shifts across then there is the same space between him and Freddie Burns.

Not sure about Lawes' body position in the scrum - very high on Marler's arse, with his hips rising too high under the pressure from Billy.

Right Morgan for Woods, Attwood for Berry, Cips, Burrell for Eastmond.

Manus the man and all that but he's got to get into the game and help out his team.

I think Owen Farrell does make a positive difference, not taking anything away from Burns who had a good 1st game but to answer someone's question, yeah Farrell would've been good to have tonight.

I know Farrell was injured but otherwise I thought this looked like a fairly strong England side. Maybe it's because they know it's their last game, but they look really soft out there right now... Like they have up after the second try. They just ... What was that honey badger saying? "They're like that kid who fell out of the tree; he just wasn't in it" lol

*sigh*

His back one is flay because they are not going forward.

Look when England had front foot he ran the right patterns and looked different.

People under estimate what bad ball does to a flyhalfs options.

But if the forwards are getting dominated they cant exactly just change that. Use someone like manu to get go forward ball from the backs instead of just waiting to see if the forwards to pick their game up

I would think that England would come back strong in the second half.
I think the opposite, unfortunately - don't think they've got the energy to do that.
We looked noticeably tired in the 2nd half in the first 2 tests, and we looked half-dead at kickoff this week.

Eastmond off, Burrell on. That's got to sting. I hope someone's hidden Eastmond's car keys so he doesn't drive home.

But if the forwards are getting dominated they cant exactly just change that. Use someone like manu to get go forward ball from the backs instead of just waiting to see if the forwards to pick their game up

You have no clue what you're talking about...

England!! They've just been told that they're supposed to be playing a rugby match! Good work

Latest posts