• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Final: New Zealand vs. Australia (31/10/2015)

The ridiculas baseless allegations against McCaw have been put to bed quick smart as well. Who were the dopes that instigated that by the way? They deserve a smack round the ears!

It was this idiot Andy Mceady that started it all by posting it on his twitter vine.

http://t.co/EQ52TWP9FD

https://vine.co/u/987867892605743104

He claims it took off all on its own as I already emailed him and called him all sorts of nice things (the funny thing about that is he thinks im Australian from my email tag). He's a menace pure and simple I mean look at that other garbage on his twitter vine. Its this sort of clown spouting off this rubbish that is ruining this game imo.

Anyone else notice this is the third world cup final this year, and the fourth in 2 years featuring New Zealand and Australia?
2013 Rugby League Final NZ v Aus
2015 ODI Cricket World Cup Final NZ v Aus
2015 Netball World Cup Final NZ v Aus

well spotted sanzar! we can surely be both pretty proud of our countries regardless of this weekends results

It was this idiot Andy Mceady that started it all by posting it on his twitter vine.

http://t.co/EQ52TWP9FD

https://vine.co/u/987867892605743104

He claims it took off all on its own as I already emailed him and called him all sorts of nice things (the funny thing about that is he thinks im Australian from my email tag). He's a menace pure and simple I mean look at that other garbage on his twitter vine. Its this sort of clown spouting off this rubbish that is ruining this game imo.

Cheers mate - yeah a bit of a shame he didnt look at it more closely before posting OR that is is just a jerk.

Anyone else notice this is the third world cup final this year, and the fourth in 2 years featuring New Zealand and Australia?

In the global stage rugby league and netball are still fairly minor sports right? With us and Great Britain being really the only nations who play it competitively. Considering you won the other three, it would be nice if we win this!

Final: New Zealand vs. Australia (31/10/2015)

Yeah, Cricket's ODI World Cup is much more akin to the RWC in terms of scale, competitiveness and popularity (arguably bigger and more competitive in some ways, with England and SA both being sides that are remarkable in their inability to win in spite of their pedigree). League and Netball are definitely much more limited.

To my mind this is very much the Cricket WC Final in reverse: you were playing us at our only true national game in that match, whilst in this final we're playing you in yours.

If the Wallabies pull it off though it'd cap off an amazing few years for our national sides:

RL World Cup Champs
Cricket WC Champs
Netball WC Champs
Hockey WC Champs
Soccer Asian Cup Champs

I'm guessing it'll be a bridge too far, but it would cap off this little era pretty nicely!

Yeah, Cricket's ODI World Cup is much more akin to the RWC in terms of scale, competitiveness and popularity (arguably bigger and more competitive in some ways, with England and SA both being sides that are remarkable in their inability to win in spite of their pedigree). League and Netball are definitely much more limited.

To my mind this is very much the Cricket WC Final in reverse: you were playing us at our only true national game in that match, whilst in this final we're playing you in yours.

If the Wallabies pull it off though it'd cap off an amazing few years for our national sides:

RL World Cup Champs
Cricket WC Champs
Netball WC Champs
Hockey WC Champs
Soccer Asian Cup Champs

I'm guessing it'll be a bridge too far, but it would cap off this little era pretty nicely!

Yup I reckon too. The main difference is the CWC final was in Australia, while this game isnt in NZ. If that were consistent then I'd say the result would probably be the same (home team win).

Would cap of a fantastic run of results for Australia if they could take home the RWC as well!!

Yup I reckon too. The main difference is the CWC final was in Australia, while this game isnt in NZ. If that were consistent then I'd say the result would probably be the same (home team win).

Would cap of a fantastic run of results for Australia if they could take home the RWC as well!!

Interesting, who would get more support in the final? I am sure majority of the crowd will be neutral. In SF1 it sounded like ABs had more support which I found surprising as I thought the neutrals would be supporting the underdog.

It is difficult to gauge the performances on the two Bledisloe Cup matches played this year, both teams were trying things:
- Sydney, first game of Pooper combination. ABs said they were trying, shifting the ball too wide too soon. Also must note the player who scored the last 10 points for Wallabies is not in the RWC squad (White, penalty to take the lead and converted try to seal the deal).
Auckland - Wallabies changed the line up around, a very different line up with more than a third of the players no longer in the RWC starting line up, ABs turned up on the day and we all know what happened.

I can already see the Aussies coming out all hyped up as they do, sledging players and being the usual smart ass's acting like children who have had too much coke and lollies. Once that settles it's going to be tough and tense, Foley hasn't got such a strong boot on him, so I can still see us conceding in the penalty count, I just hope we don't give away too many idiotic penalties that we find ourselves in a tougher position than the Spring Bok game.

The Aussie defence will leak tries, unlike the Argentinians we finish breaks off. I am concerned about Pocock, we all know how good he is and he's capable of keeping them in the game, what makes this even more worrying is the current lack of form for Read, let's spare the niceties, he has been crap this year and doesn't look like he's going to be up for the final. Still, we're far superior all around the park and have a superior bench which will get us over the line at the end of the day. Not overly worried about the scrum, people **** on far too much about this area of the game.

NZ 24 - 20 Aus

Well you have convinced me, your sound analysis of the game as led me to put a few bucks on the Aussies winning this thing admittedly not by a lot but certainly by the 1 point they need.

$3 is pretty good value. I'd have thought they would have been closer to $2.40 or so (because I'm an expert betting agent - sarcasm).

Geez I forgot the damn netball.
Definitely love these tough games, always find that they're more exciting and spend the week getting more and more nervous/ excited.

$3 is pretty good value. I'd have thought they would have been closer to $2.40 or so (because I'm an expert betting agent - sarcasm).

Hehe I pretty much suck at it as well but I figured $10 to place should cover all the bases.
:)

Still the odds are pretty reasonable at the moment to make it worthwhile and RWC history is on their side for this one and the teams are so close that if either of them are under performing just by a fraction the other will win.

Well it's not too late for NZ to join forces with us and become the best sporting country in the World (New Australand), there's still 6 days before the world cup final. We could just call it a draw - equal world champions!

any takers?? :D

Well it's not too late for NZ to join forces with us and become the best sporting country in the World (New Australand), there's still 6 days before the world cup final. We could just call it a draw - equal world champions!

No because you have funny accents.
:)

I don't gamble at all.

Wallabies by 5 or All Blacks by 8 is my feeling.

Either way I'm happy we finally get an AB V WB RWC final.

I don't gamble at all.

Wallabies by 5 or All Blacks by 8 is my feeling.

Either way I'm happy we finally get an AB V WB RWC final.

I really can't disagree with that, unless you put Cooper out there as he is worth a couple of tries to us.

Id rather just elect Putin as leader of NZ and come and TAKE Australia as ours. I think the name you came up with isnt terrible though that might just fit.:lol:

Latest posts