• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Final: New Zealand vs. Australia (31/10/2015)

We will find out if they are a unit in 12 hours time.
I'll be here to eat humble pie if the All Blacks lose.
Oh, I have a sneaking suspicion that if the ABs lose the only reason you'd be here would be to blame the ref lol

1) OZ won the 3rd place play off in 2011 - they didnt lose. But why am I not suprised you didnt know that :lol:
2) You are wrong with your numbers of how mnay ABs were involved in the '11 Final too!!
3) Points margins in games dont even tell half the story. If you'd watched that Scotland game you would know that. But, if you really want to go down that track riddle me this: NZ beat Argentina by 10 points in this RWC but OZ beat them by 14. If you want to use the Scotland game as a way of diminishing the strentgh of this OZ team then how do you reconcile the Argentina games?
4) That whole Robbie Deans comment is bizarre. Are you seriously saying you credit the current Wallabies success to Deans (who stoped coaching the Ozzies more than 2 years ago) more than the current coaching staff?? mmm, ok :eek:

You've got it so wrong
The Wallabies are not successful.
They shouldn't be in the final.
Scotland were clear winners that day
Plus NZ have never lost to Scotland.
End of.

You've got it so wrong
The Wallabies are not successful.
They shouldn't be in the final.
Scotland were clear winners that day
Plus NZ have never lost to Scotland.
End of.
Except the only reason scotland got that far was the short turn around for japan between sa and scotland game.
Lets not also forget the mistakes in the scotland game that benefited them.

End of.

I don't think it's fair to say Australia should have lost to Scotland. It's fair to say Scotland lost the game, rather than The Wallabies won it. Though, that's irrelevant; that happens in sport and has happened to All Blacks too.

I don't think it's fair to say Australia should have lost to Scotland. It's fair to say Scotland lost the game, rather than The Wallabies won it. Though, that's irrelevant; that happens in sport and has happened to All Blacks too.

It's perfectly fair to say Scotland should have won.
The Ref made a mistake .
In reality they were not good enough to
beat Scotland.
That's why I keep telling everyone the
Hype on how good the Australians are
Is completely unfounded.

- - - Updated - - -

It's perfectly fair to say Scotland should have won.
The Ref made a mistake .
In reality they were not good enough to
beat Scotland.
That's why I keep telling everyone the
Hype on how good the Australians are
Is completely unfounded.

In the dry conditions I feel it would make sense for Australia to make the metres down field with the ball in hand rather than doing 'up and unders' or kicking it down field for the sake of it.
I would advise Australia to spread the ball to either side of the field, Commit Savea and NMS to come forward, closer to the defensive line and look for the opportunities to make the kick down field behind the wings toward the touchline only when the space is there.
I mean the risk of an Australian knock-on is there but overall it would be wiser.

Inside the 22 I would kick it. . . . .into touch

Last edited:
Also I feel it is wise for Australia to go for the try inside the first half with a penalty option rather than choose to take a shot at goal, particularly if they are near the touchline. Even if they don't manage to score a try they achieve 2 things. They use up time with the ball in hand, give themselves a chance at an easier shot of goal by either a drop goal or a place kick.

In the dry conditions I feel it would make sense for Australia to make the metres down field with the ball in hand rather than doing 'up and unders' or kicking it down field for the sake of it.
I would advise Australia to spread the ball to either side of the field, Commit Savea and NMS to come forward, closer to the defensive line and look for the opportunities to make the kick down field behind the wings toward the touchline only when the space is there.
I mean the risk of an Australian knock-on is there but overall it would be wiser.

I agree they should metres down the field but in reality
it won't happen -the All Blacks by far have the most metres in the back 3

- - - Updated - - -

I agree they should metres down the field but in reality
it won't happen -the All Blacks by far have the most metres in the back 3

- - - Updated - - -

Actually in reality the Wallabies won.

Hense the Wallabies vs All Blacks final.

Your list of mistakes grows with each post

God your a dork
They are in the final because the ref made a mistake
NOT because they are good enough.
That's my point - The Wallabies are not worthy
of the final.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually in reality the Wallabies won.

Hense the Wallabies vs All Blacks final.

Your list of mistakes grows with each post

God your a dork
They are in the final because the ref made a mistake
NOT because they are good enough.
That's my point - The Wallabies are not worthy
of the final.

Boy. Tis the time for little brother to talk tough isnt it. [emoji57]

I'm telling Mum!

England ... Aussie is being mean to me. Make him stop.

[/whining]

My Brother in Law sang at the All Black's dinner on Thursday night. He says everybody is quietly confident, in good spirits, and looking forward to the game.

Not long to go now.

I'm telling Mum!

England ... Aussie is being mean to me. Make him stop.

[/whining]

My Brother in Law sang at the All Black's dinner on Thursday night. He says everybody is quietly confident, in good spirits, and looking forward to the game.

Not long to go now.
Im sure they are.

Both sides would have to be confident otherwise why show up.
Both have tasted victory over the other.

Hopefully a good strong close Aussie victory so a few certain fans can melt.

Im sure they are.

Both sides would have to be confident otherwise why show up.
Both have tasted victory over the other.

Hopefully a good strong close Aussie victory so a few certain fans can melt.

How can it be close ?
We have the Australian game plan

Austraia has to go for points whenever they are on offer.

Australia can't afford to miss their penalty kicks. I would advise that the team takes the shot at goal if Foley feels that 3 out of 4 times he would make the kick from mark 'x'.
Any less and I feel it would be wiser to go for the 'kick for touch' regardless of the time period and score except for certain situations close to the halftime whistle.

Australia can't afford to miss their penalty kicks. I would advise that the team takes the shot at goal if Foley feels that 3 out of 4 times he would make the kick from mark 'x'.
Any less and I feel it would be wiser to go for the 'kick for touch' regardless of the time period and score except for certain situations close to the halftime whistle.
Thats the point. We need to make every penalty count.

Latest posts