• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Quarter Final 1: South Africa vs. Wales (17/10/2015)

If De Jager and Etzebeth start then South Africa will win. If Matfield starts then they will lose. I think Etzebeth and De Jager have been the best lock combo at this world cup.

Going to be a brutal game but think South Africa will have to much for Wales who looked knackered and out of ideas against Australia.

Great to see so many people predicting a Welsh win, I'd go with Wales by <10. let's hope we're all right!

Totally agree,either way its going to be a tough bruising affair,and there's very little Welsh skin left without a bruise on it.:(

Great to see so many people predicting a Welsh win, I'd go with Wales by <10. let's hope we're all right!
It is what it is you have a very good team it's a true 50/50 game, it also helps it's almost a Wales home match.

I've been skimming these boards for the past few weeks and decided to finally signup. I must admit that I feel very very nervous for this game, we have had a shakey start but looked to be more the part of late. I was there in Cardiff last year and this is what has put doubt in my mind. 12-6 is not big margin but it provides encouragement to the Welsh. As much as I would love an SA win, I feel we need to put in a massive performance and look like we want to win it. Here's hoping that Lood and Eben start, please HM! A stiff drink is in order on Saturday to calm the nerves. Anyone know when the teams will be selected...Wednesday/Thursday to give Vic/JPP more time?

It's one heck of a selection headache in the back line for Wales. This would be my team:

1. James
2. Baldwin
3. Lee
4. Charteris
5. AWJ
6. Lydiate/Tipuric
7. Warburton
8. Faletau

9. Davies
10. Biggar
11. North
12. Hook
13. Roberts
14. M Morgan
15. Anscombe

Bench: Jenkins, Owens, Francis, Ball, Lydiate/Tipuric, Williams, Priestland, T Morgan

I feel this is the strongest side we could field right now given the injury situation. Hook should come into the centres as having Roberts and North in the centres means the ball is far less likely to reach the back three in attacking play. I would (controversially) have him play inside centre, as a distributing second reciever. That way, Roberts can either act as a dummy runner to expose gaps out wide and allow North/Morgan to play off Hook's passes into space, or Roberts himself can cut angles through the potential holes made by Hook's creative skills. Cuthbert shouldn't be in the 23, he yet again had another disastrous game on the weekend and does not deserve his place in the slightest. Give Matthew Morgan a shot. He made a big impact in the summer tour of South Africa and was starting to draw the attention of the rugby world with his attacking skills. Playing him on the wing also relieves him of the pressure of facing up at fullback. Lydiate v Tipuric is too close to call for me at the moment, both are playing out of their skin for a starting spot. Perhaps tactically for this game Lydiate would edge it for his physicality and as the chop tackle could prove very useful against a team like South Africa.

This is going to be a great game. I'm not sure at ALL that SA will win. This is going to be physical, I just hope all the players get through the game, too many injuries in the last few games. That goes for both teams.

I've been skimming these boards for the past few weeks and decided to finally signup. I must admit that I feel very very nervous for this game, we have had a shakey start but looked to be more the part of late. I was there in Cardiff last year and this is what has put doubt in my mind. 12-6 is not big margin but it provides encouragement to the Welsh. As much as I would love an SA win, I feel we need to put in a massive performance and look like we want to win it. Here's hoping that Lood and Eben start, please HM! A stiff drink is in order on Saturday to calm the nerves. Anyone know when the teams will be selected...Wednesday/Thursday to give Vic/JPP more time?

I think the SA team will as usual be announced tomorrow (Wednesday). And for the WC the team is usually announced at 18:00 SA time. So my guess is that they will follow that protocol again.

How about THIS for a real Heynecke surprise: Handre Pollard dropped. 12 moves in to 10, Thor moves out to 12, Victor comes in at 8........:rolleyes:

He would see it as normal selection. Wouldn't be the first time in world cups that SA played players out of position.

Little extract from a recent preview of the match:

"The heart and guts shown in that match against England to come back was phenomenal, but the better team for most of the game were a poor England side, who still could have come away with a draw. Now if you're only narrowly beating that bad England side, and failing to score against Australia when they have 13 men, there is very, very little chance of escaping this match against South Africa with a victory, especially considering the desperately poor Welsh scrum, despite the last match between these sides ending in victory for the Welsh."

http://fourballsblog.blogspot.fr/2015/10/south-africa-vs-wales-rwc-2015-quarter.html

I don't see this ending well for the Welsh, mind you I didn't see the pool stages going well for them either. How far can sheer guts and passion get you, and will it be matched and nullified by the Saffas?

To be honest, it's a new competition now and anything can happen. The Boks should be too strong, and the Welsh need Dan Biggar to kidk 100% on Saturday.

I've seen strange kick preparations, but Biggar's takes the cake. What the hell is he doing?

I've seen strange kick preparations, but Biggar's takes the cake. What the hell is he doing?

I've asked the same question, here's the reply.

It's a nervous tic.

When was younger a wasp flew down his shirt as he was about to kick a goal for his school in a school championship, it kept stinging him but he still took the kick but he was moving his body or over the place in the build up to the kick but he made it.

Now every kick he attempts he things of that wasps and has a nervous reaction.

Not sure how accurate this is. But there you go.

I dont think thats true... But I have nothing to back that up on, just seems a bit ridiculous!

He needs to be put on Ritalin or something......

- - - Updated - - -

Will the ref give him another chance to kick if the Boks start to laugh and he misses?

He's doing the Biggarena!

FlatEveryAlligatorsnappingturtle.gif

Please stop, I need to calm down.....everyone thinks I'm crying.....

Latest posts