• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2021 Six Nations] England vs Italy (13/02/21)

15. Elliot Daly (Saracens, 48 caps)
14. Anthony Watson (Bath Rugby, 47 caps)
13. Henry Slade (Exeter Chiefs, 35 caps)
12. Owen Farrell (C) (Saracens, 89 caps)
11. Jonny May (Gloucester Rugby, 62 caps)
10. George Ford (Leicester Tigers, 73 caps)
9. Ben Youngs (Leicester Tigers, 105 caps)
1. Mako Vunipola (Saracens, 63 caps)
2. Luke Cowan-Dickie (Exeter Chiefs, 27 caps)
3. Kyle Sinckler (Bristol Bears, 40 caps)
4. Maro Itoje (Saracens, 44 caps)
5. Jonny Hill (Exeter Chiefs, 5 caps)
6. Courtney Lawes (Northampton Saints, 86 caps)
7. Tom Curry (Sale Sharks, 29 caps)
8. Billy Vunipola (Saracens, 57 caps)

FINISHERS

16. Jamie George (Saracens, 55 caps)
17. Ellis Genge (Leicester Tigers, 24 caps)
18. Will Stuart (Bath Rugby, 9 caps)
19. Charlie Ewels (Bath Rugby, 17 caps)
20. Ben Earl (Bristol Bears, 9 caps)
21. Jack Willis (Wasps, 2 caps)
22. Dan Robson (Wasps, 8 caps)
23. Max Malins (Bristol Bears, 4 caps)

Here we go let's drop a flanker for a 2nd row and a center for a fly half, .
God I wish I wasn't right,

I do agree postives in the front row but thats not where the issues are really even if George was poor last week.

Now I feel bad for teasing my Welsh friends about Pivac picking a team for the last world cup rather than the next one. How regressive.

At least Ford is at 10, Hill's going well, and it's good to see LCD getting a start. Apart from that I'm utterly indifferent to the starting lineup.

No Randall? Surely this is an ideal time to get him in...
Another Unfit Saracen returns..
Ewells??
A lock at 6...
Farrell not dropped...
Billy V not dropped....
Lawrence...dropped...
Odogwu gone....is this not the game to give him a run???

I knew Eddie would go with the same or near enough.

Blink 182 Reaction GIF

So many young players must look at this joke and be searching up what other nationalities they qualify for

LCD good

Binny / Youngs - inevitable but bad.

Ford / Faz inevitable. Maybe we'll see a little more creativity.....unless Ford still considers the ball as a ticking time bomb.

Canning Lawrence completely, esp v Ita, is unfair and sends a bad message to him and others.

Not involving Odugwu / Randall means they're not going to get a look in except for injury. Are we really that scared of where we are that we're not prepared to try one or other against Ita? Clearly.

Mako starting is ridiculous for all the reasons we've done to death. But if a mistake's worth making it's worth making properly.

Less of a problem with Sincks but I'd have liked to see him start on the bench for this one to aid Stuart's development.

I have less of a problem with Lawes on the flank than some, but it's really not necessary for this game. Perhaps more an indication that Jones thought we were a bit soft v Sco.

Sepia tinted nostalgia with 4 locks in the squad.

Last edited:
Oh I missed he actually started Majo well two out of three ain't bad.

15. Elliot Daly (Saracens, 48 caps)
14. Anthony Watson (Bath Rugby, 47 caps)
13. Henry Slade (Exeter Chiefs, 35 caps)
12. Owen Farrell (C) (Saracens, 89 caps)
11. Jonny May (Gloucester Rugby, 62 caps)
10. George Ford (Leicester Tigers, 73 caps)
9. Ben Youngs (Leicester Tigers, 105 caps)
1. Mako Vunipola (Saracens, 63 caps)
2. Luke Cowan-Dickie (Exeter Chiefs, 27 caps)
3. Kyle Sinckler (Bristol Bears, 40 caps)
4. Maro Itoje (Saracens, 44 caps)
5. Jonny Hill (Exeter Chiefs, 5 caps)
6. Courtney Lawes (Northampton Saints, 86 caps)
7. Tom Curry (Sale Sharks, 29 caps)
8. Billy Vunipola (Saracens, 57 caps)

FINISHERS

16. Jamie George (Saracens, 55 caps)
17. Ellis Genge (Leicester Tigers, 24 caps)
18. Will Stuart (Bath Rugby, 9 caps)
19. Charlie Ewels (Bath Rugby, 17 caps)
20. Ben Earl (Bristol Bears, 9 caps)
21. Jack Willis (Wasps, 2 caps)
22. Dan Robson (Wasps, 8 caps)
23. Max Malins (Bristol Bears, 4 caps)
Largely predictable, a shame that Lawrence has lost out due to the half-backs inability/unwillingness to pass to him.

LCD good

Binny / Youngs - inevitable but bad.

Ford / Faz inevitable. Maybe we'll see a little more creativity.....unless Ford still considers the ball as a ticking time bomb.

Canning Lawrence completely, esp v Ita, is unfair and sends a bad message to him and others.

Not involving Odugwu / Randall means they're not going to get a look in except for injury. Are we really that scared of where we are that we're not prepared to try one or other against Ita? Clearly.

Mako starting is ridiculous for all the reasons we've done to death. But if a mistake's worth making it's worth making properly.

Less of a problem with Sincks but I'd have liked to see him start on the bench for this one to aid Stuart's development.

I have less of a problem with Lawes on the flank than some, but it's really not necessary for this game. Perhaps more an indication that Jones thought we were a bit soft v Sco.

Sepia tinted nostalgia with 4 locks in the squad.
Fully agree, this is the perfect opportunity to throw caution to the wind not stick with underperforming favourites. Oh well

Called it, with Odogwu
We named him in the squad because he was set to play for Italy this 6N and EJ didn't want that (but not enough to actually use him)
He should be on the bench for this game with Ewels gone (or one of Earl/Willis, but Ewels would be my choice)

Scotland and Wales to English players under 22 rn

View attachment 9267

(We have the decency to wait until they're about 25 and confirmed to be **** before capping)

Yeah but to be fair it's hard to cap South Africans under 25 when they need to do their residency period. :p

Called it, with Odogwu
We named him in the squad because he was set to play for Italy this 6N and EJ didn't want that (but not enough to actually use him)
He should be on the bench for this game with Ewels gone (or one of Earl/Willis, but Ewels would be my choice)
Unless he actually get's on the field this 6 nations he can still play for Italy though right?

Latest posts