• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2021 Six Nations] England vs Scotland (06/02/21)

Scotland deserved to win, and left a lot of points out there.

The worst I've seen England play in over a decade.

Brace was a terrible ref but did not alter the result.

Billy should not be near the England team. He is so unfit

Congratulations Scotland, totally deserved. The only consolation was that it wasn't Wales.
Nope first time we've lost home to Scotland since I was a fetus (1984). Only loosing to Italy could be a worse result. Loosing would be shameful but to lose playing that badly is bloody unforgivable. And the worst part is same starting 15 next week in all the problem positions.

England have more to worry come the France game, There's a hell of a lot of work to do

Keep that performance up and it ill be embarrassing
Tbf, under Jones, England rarely have two dreadful games in a row (2018 excepted). It's just frustrating that we seem to have one every so often.

Nope first time we've lost home to Scotland since I was a fetus (1984). Only loosing to Italy could be a worse result. Loosing would be shameful but to lose playing that badly is bloody unforgivable. And the worst part is same starting 15 next week in all the problem positions.
1984?
Ballix, I was 8 as well then, I thought they'd said '83

As for losing to Italy, based on today's performance by both teams, you won't have long to wait.

It needs more than a kick up the arse for me.

A one-off defeat because of complacency wins a kick up the arse, but we've been pretty bad for a few games now and got away with it by scraping wins.

Serious questions need to be asked about some of the senior players.

Do we actually have an attack coach? That's a genuine question, I've lost track since Wisemantle left.
Sevens guy - Simon Amor? That's why we attack like sevens. Obviously. ;)

Remember when we were playing really badly, but winning, and I said I wasn't happy with that because eventually our luck would run out and we'd just be playing badly and losing.

Pepperidge Farm remembers

I think Scotland are going to be handy enough this tournament and I can see England [having] a bad one (three wins bad now) they haven't looked great since the world cup whilst beating bad teams and I don't think their player pool is fit enough to buck the trend, it won't be long lasting though. Scotland should really be aiming to keep this game within a score and maybe nick it if England don't show.
When you're good, you're good.

Better side won and should have been by more.

Personally think England guilty of hubris - can't have that many players in your side with no rugby under their belts and expect it not to be a problem.
No doubt Jones thought home advantage would see us home but ain't quite the same without the crowd.

Gotta feel for Lawrence - one carry all game and that can't be his fault.

1984?
Ballix, I was 8 as well then, I thought they'd said '83

As formalising to Italy, based on today's performance by both teams, you won't have long to wait.
Yeah, it was 83.

Tbh, I don't know why I'm so upset about 1 defeat in 38 years. It's not a bad old run.

So, how many people stepped OFF the Lions plane today?

According to the stats Lawrence touched the ball one time today,

I bet Redpath has texted EJ a picture of him with the Calcutta Cup, and asking him if the English team has come down with a bad case of Ligma

Just to entertain our Scottish posters...

I wouldn't mind clarity on whether you can lift a player's legs off the ground and then claim it's a maul. Sure, in that match, the ref was like 'yeah wtf, it's a maul', but is that really legal? I've never seen that on a rugby pitch as a player or a viewer.

Remember when we were playing really badly, but winning, and I said I wasn't happy with that because eventually our luck would run out and we'd just be playing badly and losing.

Pepperidge Farm remembers
2017?

Latest posts