• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Canada vs. U.S.A. RWCQ 2nd leg, 24/08/13

Soz mate, same he, but it was very last minute with a friend of mine. I'll arrange it better next time. The NZ Maori looks tempting.

Also a rare case of my not owning a cell phone that backfires. What section were you in? I was in 107 but a little higher up.

110 near the front. Good view of Ngwenyas try.
wtf is the stompy thing people do? Annoying as ****, but oh we'll, good to see them getting into it. Saw a few Welsh and SA shirts in the crowd, nice to see the boys out.

110 near the front. Good view of Ngwenyas try.
wtf is the stompy thing people do? Annoying as ****, but oh we'll, good to see them getting into it. Saw a few Welsh and SA shirts in the crowd, nice to see the boys out.

Oh I am an avid practioner of the stomping HAHAHAHA, it's to throw kickers off usually though looks like it worked even more than we wanted it to and Pritchard was somehow effected LOL.

Good that you enjoyed the game, bit disappointed about the crowd size though.

Fair play, not something I was used to. Yeah Pritch had an off day, though so did Wyles.
Jones looked decent, but the rest of the halfbacks were just awful.
Everybody seemed confused when the Canada 3 'scored' and was called back, even after the huuuuuge knock on.

Good that you enjoyed the game, bit disappointed about the crowd size though.

I am a little bit as well, glad we hit five figures, but really was hoping we could get around 12,000 at least. IMHO I really think rugby canada should have sold the upper bowl for dirt cheap at the ex and put butts in the seats. I didn't see the game marketed that much, maybe they are going all out on the Moari game. Think the fact we won the 1st leg by so much didn't help, but it was a gorgeous day...maybe a case of just so much happening around here this weekend and people taking last minute vacations before school. The crowd were definately passionate and educated fans though, I enjoyed it more than the Ireland game myself.

Agree right now it should be more about expanding the fan base than making money from these kind of tests. Will be interesting to see how the Maori game sells.

Well my face is burnt off....

What a horrid match but still had a good time. Why is Phil McKenzie still not starting?

Well my face is burnt off....

What a horrid match but still had a good time. Why is Phil McKenzie still not starting?
Haha same here. Match blew but fun otherwise. Didn't realise so much was going on in Toronto this weekend. Great city, I always say I wish I went more often.

The match sucked but I think there is a "piling on" going on now.....people saying worst match ever(literally of all time LMFAO) is a little over the top....it was better than the 2009 RWCQ in Charleston, was better than OZ vs. Scotland last year....bettter the Pumas vs. Oz last year etc....it was poo but not THAT bad.

Haters are going to hate. It was a poorly played game, but wasn't that bad. In some ways, Wyles missing that kick at the end summed up that game very well.

Haters are going to hate. It was a poorly played game, but wasn't that bad. In some ways, Wyles missing that kick at the end summed up that game very well.

I thought that it was an average game rather than a rubbish game.............lots of enthusiasm on show together with a desperation to do really well that diminished the ability to perform to the true extent of their ability in direct proportion to that need to do well!!

From the comments of those that were there, the occasion was enjoyed by all and that is surely as much the point of being a rugby supporter!!

Can someone confirm for me what time this game would have finished? and whether there has been daylight savings or anything since then?

Strange question I know, but I place a bet in the NZ TAB at 10:19 AM NZ time which was subsequently cancelled by the TAB because the game had actually already been completed by that time.

Any confirmation would be great - I htink they are correct as by my calculations the game started at 4pm EDT therefore finished around 6pm EDT. Converting that to NZ time and you get a start time of 8:00am and finish time of around 10:00am...right??

Bit of a bigger cuase I would have won :-0 Small bet though so not too much dramma.

Cheers in advance!

Congrats to Canada by the way!

Last edited:
Just saw Aaron Carpenter is listed to start at hooker for the Cornish Pirates last exebition game v. Bath Uni. I have heard a rumor the switch was strongly suggested by RC NSMT coaching staff. This could be a good thing

Just saw Aaron Carpenter is listed to start at hooker for the Cornish Pirates last exebition game v. Bath Uni. I have heard a rumor the switch was strongly suggested by RC NSMT coaching staff. This could be a good thing

Scored two tries in a preseason friendly against Bath Uni. So far so good, if this works out this could be huge for us as it will open up another spot where we have great depth.

Latest posts