8 Benjamín Macome
7 Julio Farías Cabello
6 Juan Manuel Leguizamón (c)
5 Mariano Galarza
4 Manuel Carizza
3 Maximiliano Bustos
2 Eusebio Guiñazú
1 Marcos Ayerza

Replacements: 16 Santiago Iglesias Valdez, 17 Nahuel Lobo, 18 Matías Díaz, 19 Tomás Lavanini, 20 Pablo Matera, 21 Tomás Cubelli, 22 Javier Rojas, 23 Santiago Cordero.

I don't get why they keep insisting with Farias.. Are they gonna take him to the world cup in 2015? He's 36 years of age, come on... Give the young players a chance to play, we need to think a little bit in the future... we should be building a competitive squad for the next RWC. Same goes for Lavanini, he should start instead of Carizza who was awful vs Wales.

The centers couple is entirely new.. Let's see how Agulla performs in that position. Nice to see Macome getting in the starting XV.

I think that in the paper it looks better than the Italian team, though one would have thought that it would be a much stronger team.
wanted to see cordero start he looks promising when he played against wales

The Pumas calendar is too hard, the UAR has enough guilt in this. Some years ago the Pumas played 3 games at home and 3 games away. Usually the june window in Argentina and November window in Europe. This usually resulted: 2 wins and a loss in June and 2 defeats and a victory in November. What gave 50% effectiveness that's not very good nor very bad.

Now, since participation in The Rugby Championship, The Pumas can't play at home in June window (for problems with European clubs) then that window is used for new players, usually "The Jaguares". This year in June Window played: "The Jaguares"(Argentina A) against England A. Last year played "The Jaguares" with Felipe Contepomi against France and Italy.

Then The Pumas only play at home against the 3 powerful southern hemisphere, and stopped playing at home against the Europeans, so they don't have home games against opponents of their level. So wins are becoming less (one win and a draw last year, Wales in Cardiff and SA in Mendoza).

With this I don't justify the level of the Pumas, which is low, no doubt. But the calendar doesn't help the team. Worst of all is that the easiest game of the year (vs Italy), the best players will not be available.

Managers of the UAR: You are doing a bad job, this team need a win urgently.

Argentine Football supporters will be pleased with another defeat of the Pumas, they hate rugby. I hate them, Fu**ing football supporters!

Cheers

Last edited:
"Conrad" no te hagas el kiwi... vos sos argento, careta!!

Que careta?? Hablemos en español vas a ver como a los 5 minutos nos van a estar puteando TODOS. Por RESPETO a los demás foristas se habla en inglés, si cada uno va a hablar en su idioma no nos vamos a entender.

Si pongo la banderita de NZ y el escudo de los Lions es porque soy "Conrad Smith" supuestamente. Y ese adjetivo descalificativo de "careta", "anti-patria" es digno de un futbolero anti-rugby. Es lo mismo que dicen los futboleros que odian el rugby: "Ehhh careta de Shan Ishidro", no les da más que para eso.

Last edited:
OK, since it's the end of the year...I guess we'll let those two comments go !

Italy team also confirmed:

15 Luke McLean
14 Giovambattista Venditti
13 Michele Campagnaro
12 Gonzalo Canale
11 Tommaso Iannone
10 Tommaso Allan
9 Edoardo Gori
8 Sergio Parisse (c)
7 Robert Barbieri
6 Alessandro Zanni
5 Valerio Bernabo
4 Quintin Geldenhuys
3 Martin Castrogiovanni
2 Leonardo Ghiraldini
1 Michele Rizzo

Replacements: 16 Davide Giazzon, 17 Matias Aguero, 18 Lorenzo Cittadini, 19 Marco Bortolami, 20 Joshua Furno, 21 Tobias Botes, 22 Luciano Orquera, 23 Tommaso Benvenuti.

Have a look at this: http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,9817_9034734,00.html

"...The missing influences of Juan Martín Fernández Lobbe and Juan Martín Hernández have been telling, but otherwise the Pumas have been nearly at full-strength..."

Is he kidding? Seriously no mentions to Figallo, Camacho, Creevy and Tiesi? Or the fact that Bosch, Albacete, Senatore and Fernandez won't play due to club issues?
Full strength my ass..

oh God, the commentator just cracked a "when in Rome" joke...

Excellent opening minutes.

Good move. Finally a try, now I remember how it feels like to score!

Ps: I haven't noticed how much foreign players Italy has..

Latest posts