• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[EOYT] Italy vs. Argentina 23/11/13

Well, we needed a win, doesn't really matter how we get it. It's a relief for the players and also the fans who suffered all the year. This win should worth to look into the future, there's tons of things to improve yet, but for the moment let the players and also us, the fellow fans, enjoy for a bit.

La banderita de Conrado lo re mufo al fly half de Italia jaja :D

Futboleros de mierda, que van a decir ahora???!

DERROTA DIGNA Las pelotas!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Entren a una cancha de rugby, quiero verlos comerse un tackle y ensuciarse en un ruck!!!

Fu**ing Argentine football supporters: What will u say now??

DEFEAT WORTHY??? FU** YOU!!!!

I want to see them on a rugby field, I want to see them in a scrum, I want to see them in a rucking

Fu**ing cowards!!!

A mantener la cábala Conrado!

Jaja el que quiere que gane su seleccionado que me pida que cambie la banderita

If someone wants his team to win, just ask me to put the flag of your country and magical things happen

Last edited:
We also won this match because the pope made an actual miracle :lol:

11-22-papa01.jpg_88717827.jpg

I enjoy too much defeat "Italy" I hate those guys...

you most probably have like 1/2 your blood Italian ! :lol:
I know you're going to reply and say how "no, we checked, my family is Spanish 100% !" or smt, but come on man. Every team in the world will poach and use players who are originally from elsewhere, every single team. The most hilarious example I ever saw was the Spanish Basketball Team making Belgian Congo citizen Serge Ibaka, some months before the FIBA tournament, into a "Spanish player". There are monumental poaching moves in the world, and the Italians picking Argentine Italians to play for them in their Rugby squad, guys who truly feel Italian now, there's no problem there.
Enjoy your victory in stead of pushing the Italians further down.

Man of the Match should be Sanchez, he was effective in his penalties (unlike the Italian fly-half), he was involved in the try move, he score a drop goal and as usual good on defense. That tackle against Parisse, dragging him back over 10 meters, was excepcional. After that Parisse played all the game pis*ed off.
Imhoff had a great first half, he constantly looked very dangerous. Good finish for the try. Pity he didn't got too much ball to attack on the second half.
Surprised by Ascárate performance, he certainly knows how to use the foot.

The Scrum started bad but finished really good. We were more secure in the lines though it could be due the amount of mistakes made by the italians.

Good on the Pumas today, not a classic by any stretch but a team that really needed a win today to get anything out of this year. To get any kind of victory in what is a period of transition in coaching and personell is something to take heart from.

Not sure about Italy either a bit Jekyll and Hyde in 2013, can't see them doing much in the upcoming 6N maybe they'll beat the Scots and that's about it.

Good on the Pumas today, not a classic by any stretch but a team that really needed a win today to get anything out of this year. To get any kind of victory in what is a period of transition in coaching and personell is something to take heart from.

Not sure about Italy either a bit Jekyll and Hyde in 2013, can't see them doing much in the upcoming 6N maybe they'll beat the Scots and that's about it.

Absolutely good win for the troubled Pumas, good for confidence and they've shown some good elements independently from the fact that Italy aren't a great team atm.

As for Italy: I have to disagree with you just a bit. I think the "Jekyll and Hyde" form idea is obsolete at this point in the season. Well, at the very end of the season in fact. It certainly was a viable observation to be made when Italy clicked in every aspect of the game, even defense: France didn't play too bad on attack that night - only to be beaten up in Scotland, Murrayfield not being the most feared location in Europe with all due respect for my Pict friends. And then a terrible display at home against Wales, and then a good one in Twickers and finally beating Ireland for the first time in the 6N...but then it's been only losses (except 37-31 vs 12-man Fiji), and heavy ones, and terrible form. So saying Italy has gone through a Jekyll and Hyde season, not so much, it's been a disaster after the 6N, and it's not like their 6N was glorious either.
There's really the 2013 season: 6N, and then everything else.

It's important to differentiate, because no Italy fan could say "we've been good and bad this year". That would be wrong. They've been a disaster this year past March, that's accurate and current: they MUST imperatively fix all the problems as best possible, for there are many, and if they bring that form in the next 6N they're getting the Wooden Spoon, no wins, *GUARANTEE*. Even France might beat them :p

F
Fu**ing Argentine football supporters: What will u say now??
Probably something along the lines of "you struggled to defeat a third tier team. They Italian kicker apparently couldn't find his boots and used turnovers (empanadas) instead".
They'd be right.

Last edited:

Latest posts