• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

H Cup Quarter Final : Harlequins vs Munster

Man you loosing an argument hands down that you have to go ALL the way back to 2009 for a defense I'll as so in easy way:

Post #128 you say ROG getting all credit when nobody mentioned him
Post #130 you say you were replying on this thread to a comment that he outplayed Evans yet nobody said he did.
You highlight he missed tackles and try paint as he was worst yet he was far from worst tackler.
Then you try blame him for loosing 09 tour and well even if I gave it to you in what 20 mins total he manged to loose 3 games on his own (missing the 3rd test). Although now you have went from winning to drawn due to bad maths I guess. And what had Lions 4 years ago to do with yesterday I don't know.
some great passes too (no it wasn't vintage but decent).

Just scroll up the thread it is here ...

Just because you commented that he had a mixed match, doesn't mean you speak for all.

I can't see the gifs because I'm on my phone, I presume it's O'Gara missing tackles and duck trying to make out ROG had a bad game so he was not proven wrong even though he outplayed Nick Evans.

Oh yea if you truly desperate and want to point out a few of ROG getting steam rolled in a Munster Jersey bit more recent there is a few with Heaslip and I think Cullen went through him, Downey did before and in Saints game last year when he got Drop Goal there was definitely 1 or 2 :D Just to give you less desperation and at least it looks more recent :D

Recent.

monyeonogaravdu9i.gif

It's a picture WOW and I said he had decent game never once said I speak for all or argued with your opinion per say did I

Also had look at ESPN on Munster stats which I know a hell of a lot on ESPN has BJ at 0 pens and he conceded 2.
We lost first lineout Varley was on for despite it saying we won all of ours.

So try watch game and PS Munster are in red:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txv5decJRe8

:D

Just to add a point, I though Garces had a great game. He's really developed into a top class referee this year.

O'Gara got the Don't Argue there right enough, but in doing so he completely took the momentum out of Monye and Monye ended up tackled in front of the tackle line.

I don't think O'Gara had a great game, but his defence was fine enough.

Agreed ROG was ok not poor not excellent but in between. Also I thought Monye had fine game.

Garces was fine yesterday I only heard Frankie after when rewatching and while I was annoyed at time too the scrum calls against us were correct early on. BJ popped up first

Frankie Sheahan didn't seem to think so.

But Sheahan is a biased embarrassment of a pundit that knows little about rugby outside the realms of Munster. Harlequins as a forward pack had Munster in trouble at the scrum times in the first 30mims. The breakdown was contested really well and the flow of the game was good. Ultimately, Garces was hardly noticeable and that's a great compliment in any referees performance.

But Sheahan is a biased embarrassment of a pundit that knows little about rugby..................

Bit like Dewi Morris then!!

Thought the ex Leinster winger (sorry name gone but think it begins with H and not Horan!!) who did their game for Sky was very good, and one previous occasions, and would see him as up there with Greenwood as someone I would happily listen to as being knowedgeable, precise and articulate.

Edit.....Shane Horgan!!

Last edited:
In fairness I think Shane Horgan and Quinny are 2 that are very good. Horgan is very knowledgable as he has played all over the backs and I think Quinny is decent to. They both give good inside views of game and you can say they are biased at times but it more they just know more about their own teams

Latest posts