• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ireland v South Africa

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Nov 23 2009, 02:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Damn I love playing the Sprinkboks.

There is always a miracle cure just around the corner and a series of ready made excuses at hand in case something does go wrong.[/b]

A miracle? Now that's a bullshit statement. You think we need a miracle to beat you? Funny stuff.

lest we didn'tlose to some engilh culbs.
also when are line ups out Tues or wends i agrre we didn't play that great agisnt Aus but it was the frist game in 6 mount and if you watch the game agin i did 3 times in one week Ireland actuly were the better side for most of the match

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Leinsterrock @ Nov 23 2009, 03:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
lest we didn'tlose to some engilh culbs.
also when are line ups out Tues or wends i agrre we didn't play that great agisnt Aus but it was the frist game in 6 mount and if you watch the game agin i did 3 times in one week Ireland actuly were the better side for most of the match[/b]

No Springbok team lost against any English clubs to my knowledge.

Some ratshit D team P divvy decided to dig out from under the boots of the bench warmers in our currie cup sides did however have a match or two if memory serves me. The only game the Springboks lost was the one against France, and there we got thoroughly beaten, fair and square, It was like we weren't even trying.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Incredible Schalk @ Nov 23 2009, 02:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Well yes there is doubt because Fourie is abseloute quality, i think they match up similarly. Very good defenders, smart players, good carriers and offloaders but Fourie has more pace, although BOD has more leadership credentials. Fourie is the most underated player in the world, which is surpising, as he has the best try scoring strike rate for a centre in the International game.[/b]

Yeah, like when he got repeatedly bounced off by a 20yrs old Yann David on his 2nd cap...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Leinsterrock @ Nov 23 2009, 03:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
stop being over cofident tou guys have been **** all tour.[/b]

Hmmm... over-confident you say? We have been a little off our game on this tour, but we are still the best team in the World. It's going to take a big effort for us to win, but not a miracle. This is the best Irish team in decades, and we don't have our best team on tour. It's not an excuse, it's the truth.

We are missing Jean de Villiers, Pierre Spies and Francois Steyn, who are among the best in the world in their respective positions. Then we have a hooker playing as a prop, a funny looking brown midget as a centre, and a coach who makes substitutions based on the fact that 'he can', rather than 'he should'.

However, i do still think that if our guys give it their all, they will win. Anything less than 100% won't do.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Nov 23 2009, 02:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Nov 23 2009, 12:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Damn I love playing the Sprinkboks.

There is always a miracle cure just around the corner and a series of ready made excuses at hand in case something does go wrong.[/b]

Don't start this now...at least wait till after the match.

Em, they do have a miracle cure...or at least tactic. 2 in fact.

1. Target the Scrum
2. Target Ronan O'Gara (who for some reason looks to be the starter).
[/b][/quote]

ROFL. Never thought I'd hear that targeting the scrum would be something that SA should be looking at implementing; thought something along the lines of avoid as much scrumming as possible more likely with selections as is. Hope the Italy gamje highlighted those selection faults as most of the SA public has been saying all year long. Why put pressure on yourself with a weak scrum when you play off putting pressure on the opposition and can actually put a decent scrumming unit together.... but that's the PDiv factor for you. At least he has shown that he is willing to admit mistakes and adapt accordingly. Go, Peter!! Make SA proud, Pappie!

jer1co i completly agree whit you i watch a lot of SH rugby so i know how much of a diifnces those guys can make to a team.
But no matter who ur centurs are BOD will tear them aprt.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Leinsterrock @ Nov 23 2009, 03:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
jer1co i completly agree whit you i watch a lot of SH rugby so i know how much of a diifnces those guys can make to a team.
But no matter who ur centurs are BOD will tear them aprt.[/b]

uh, o.....k......? :huh:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Leinsterrock @ Nov 23 2009, 03:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
But no matter who ur centurs are BOD will tear them aprt.[/b]

Damn, I would have been so chaffed if Divvy played de Jongh at 12 with Fourie outside. They will be playing together at the Stormers next year and I hope they can complement each other like I think they possibly can. Both defend very well and with de Jongh, the pressure will be off Fourie to cover the entire backline and give him the chance to show his treu value. That and it would be nice to see O'Driscoll get put to school by a journeyman. de Jongh will also not crash the ball up and turn it over as Jacobs loves to do. Sadly won't happen, though.

Man all this SA hate from the Irish guys, sis.

You guys can hate on us if you manage to make the world cup finals one day. If that's possible, which I doubt.

:D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Opperstopper @ Nov 23 2009, 02:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Man all this SA hate from the Irish guys, sis.

You guys can hate on us if you manage to make the world cup finals one day. If that's possible, which I doubt.

:D[/b]
:rolleyes:

Australia have won two World Cups yet lost to the weakest of the home nations on saturday,
It doesn't matter what you've done in the past, all that matters is how you're playing at the moment, and Ireland are playing better than the Boks

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jer1cho @ Nov 23 2009, 01:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
and we don't have our best team on tour. It's not an excuse, it's the truth.[/b]
Its an excuse.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jer1cho @ Nov 23 2009, 01:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
We are missing Jean de Villiers, Pierre Spies and Francois Steyn, who are among the best in the world in their respective positions. Then we have a hooker playing as a prop, a funny looking brown midget as a centre, and a coach who makes substitutions based on the fact that 'he can', rather than 'he should'.[/b]
Another excuse, each of those players are over rated, couldnt see many of them getting into the Irish team to be honest.

Either way, you lot didnt accept those excuses from the Lions fans when we lost half the first team (never mind the others that didnt even travel) and gifted you the tour win.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Opperstopper @ Nov 23 2009, 02:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Man all this SA hate from the Irish guys[/b]
Dont see any hate and its not an Irish thing. Its just me. I think I'm the only Irish fan I know who is supremely confident going into this one. All the rest of the Irish posters here are putting you guys in as favourites.

Personally I think your lot are tired, way out of form, too old, and you just want to go home. Ireland on the other hand are into our third game this year, improving as we go, and ticking along nicely. The camp is good and these guys have been waiting for a shot at the Boks in our own backyard.

It will probably be close for a while but we will win it. Just as we have the last two times you said you would beat us up here.

Olyy that's okay, we'll let them win this time, it's not like they do it much.

I joke :p

The two most important decisions the coaches can make is who plays #10 for Ireland and #3 for the Boks. If BJ Botha plays at tighthead Ireland's scrum will be massacred. If Smit plays tighthead it's giving a free pass to Cian Healy, who has stood up to the likes of Castro before too. Hayes can handle the Beast if the referee is alert.

If O'Gara wears then, Ireland will suffer. It will be excellent news for the Saffers at the breakdown. Against Australia our Openside Flanker was given the role of standing in front of ROG when the ball went down his channel, he was top tackler that day, and did a great job in defense, but the Aussie's had free reign at the breakdown. If Sexton is picked it will free up the backrow to make the breakdown more of a contest.

If Sexton is at 10, we have a 85%+ goalkicker this season (ROG's % is below 50) who can really ignite a backline and get it moving, can make a break which will keep the Rush defense from smashing BOD all the time (Where as ROG is left with the option of throw the hospital pass or cough up possession). And just gives us so many more options.

Smit at 3 is a serious handicap for SA, ROG at 10 is a serious handicap for Ireland, will be interesting to see what happens.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KZNSharksFan @ Nov 23 2009, 09:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Nov 23 2009, 11:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1.Healy

14 British and Irish Lions 2009 tourists in the 22 , if we pick that team we will massacre the Boks, but we all know we will see ROG at 10.[/b]

Are you a practising member of the IRA?
[/b][/quote]

No, just dig at opperstopper.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Opperstopper @ Nov 22 2009, 08:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I agree, if we play

1. Beast
2. Smit
3. BJ Botha

and 12. Olivier... Well, then we'll massacre Ireland. BUT.. We all know it's going to be Jacobs at 12 and Smit at 3.

Our scrums will get destroyed and BOD will run over Jacobs. I don't see us winning.[/b]

And my slightly biased XV was a dig at Incredible Shalck's biased back line stuff.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Nov 23 2009, 01:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Incredible Schalk @ Nov 23 2009, 12:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Nov 23 2009, 12:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why even bother rate the SA backs? The ball won't get past Steyn, and if it ever does Jacobs will crash it up.

It's rugby, Individual ratings mean nothing, but I'd take our pack except for Botha, Matfield and Brussouw. Du Preez and Habana from the backs and that's it.

1. Healy
2. Flannery
3. Hayes
4. Botha
5. Matfield
6. Ferris
7. Brussouw
8. Heaslip
9. Du Preez
10. Sexton
11. Habana
12. Wallace
13. O'Driscoll
14. Bowe
15. Kearney[/b]

Du Plessis is 10 times the player Flannery is. Ok Steyn kicks alot but he is an amazing pressure player, only the most one eyed of Irishmen could put 1 cap against lowly Fiji Sexton ahead of a man who kicked the penalty to win the Lions series from his own half. Both packs at the scrum are pretty average, but anyway we'll see after the game. If SA get their big guys running onto the ball, they'll just smash through the line, however if it gets nervy and close again Steyn will kick everything and it will be a close one.
[/b][/quote]

We from munster don't like Sexton and have tried our best for the last 8 months to find reasons to knock him.

I'd rather have Steyn on my team tomorrow because he has a tad more experience but if you actually saw Sexton play against Fiji, you'd know that he's quality.

The first time I've ever seen the Sunday Times give a player 10/10 after an international (that I can remember).

And we all know that he can handle pressure. Coming on 20 minutes into the Heineken Cup Semi-Final and slotting a drop goal from near the halfway infront of 80,000 says so.

So I'd rather have sexton come the 2011 World Cup. I'd take the Saffer front row too...

And "if SA get their big guys running onto the ball"... like has happenned all of about 0 times this year (give or take some freak accident here an there where Steyn throws a pass).
[/b][/quote]

Yet South Africa are comfortably the highest try scoring side this season :huh:

Munsterman

"And my slightly biased XV was a dig at Incredible Shalck's biased back line stuff."
[/quote]

It wasnt biased, im not even South African, i just think to underestimate the Bok backline is daft. They've won everything in the international game in the last three seasons. Ireland are not and rarely have ever been a better team so to pack a combined side full of Irishmen seems more than a tad one eyed. <_<

I ve just herd on TV3 that o driscoll may be out.Missed training

If he misses the game.

My backline would be

9 TOL
10 ROG
11 EARLS
12 WALLACE
13 BOWE
14 HORGAN
15 KEARNEY
on the bench
20 REDDAN