• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ireland vs France - 20/08/2011 - RWC Warm Up

French forwards performing well considering they're resting a few of their big names
Good strength in depth

Alright en.
As an aside, who told Keith Earls he could play rugby?

just point out that wales beat england last week, i haven't got a comeback for that yet.
who told the people who think keith earls can play rugby that keith earls can play rugby(?)/

This is painful. We have the talent to perform but we have this habit of crashing and burning when the slightest bit of pressure gets to us. I mean wtf was flannery doing in that maul. Ref called 3 times and he didn't do ****. It seems like Ireland are the new France where you just don't know what team is going to turn up.

Weird thing is - Ireland turned up for the first 10-15mins, and looked really good
Then it all went to pots

Great run by Fitz then, good finish by Sexton

That ROG-Sexton combination worked really well, it would be a good option instead of Gordon D'Arcy who hasn't played to his best for about a year now. 14 points in the last few minutes says a lot even if France were already in the dressing room.

ToO'l should never be allowed on grass again.

flannery didnt impress me today best may have the jersey on the basis he isnt being challenged
tol was a tool and hopefully just played himself out of the world cup for muarry
earls had moments of pure awfulness today trimble looks to be on better form at the minute

This is painful. We have the talent to perform but we have this habit of crashing and burning when the slightest bit of pressure gets to us. I mean wtf was flannery doing in that maul. Ref called 3 times and he didn't do ****. It seems like Ireland are the new France where you just don't know what team is going to turn up.

A bad one unless its against England!

Wow the score board was flattering to Ireland at the end!

I always think that's a good thing playing badly but scoring well enough and we did score more tries than them and one of their tries was a typical when playing against tomas o'leary try.
So even though they played bad a lot of positives will come out of the game.

I always think that's a good thing playing badly but scoring well enough and we did score more tries than them and one of their tries was a typical when playing against tomas o'leary try.
So even though they played bad a lot of positives will come out of the game.

I wouldnt be too excited about the last 15 mins. France had gone home!

I said that in my previous post. And I didn't get excited I just said there were positives to take from the game.

I do think we need to win next week though.

I have yet to watch this match however we all know the ability of ireland and its players as shown by the provinces performances last season and the victory v England however the lack of good consistency is unacceptable and this is why we must question the attitude of the back room staff.

Ferris looked good , broke a couple of tackles and made a big tackle and having him and O'Brien on the pitch is jizz-tastic!

KEITH EARLS SUCKS DONKEY DICK!

I said that in my previous post. And I didn't get excited I just said there were positives to take from the game.

I do think we need to win next week though.

Positives??? Up till the 15 min mark i thought i fell asleep into a nightmare until things got better as i was waking up to finish with a flattering score. Ok i'm being a bit melodramatic, i still can't wrap my head around what happened for the majority of the match.

I can't remember seeing Ferris once after he came on

Irelands best players was SOB followed by Trimble and POC

Good lord, I'm disappointed.

Jones - Poor in general, but I haven't heard about the injury. Is he out?
Trimble - Great. Although he didn't make huge gains, he was consistently getting a few yards, and you could really see his physicality is bringing something to the game, B O'Driscoll - Not up to his standards at all. Didn't get much ball, but he didn't get anywhere when he had it. He also messed up for that first French try.
Earls - Absolutely abysmal; the worst i've ever seen him play. Fell all over the place, and made some atrocious passes.
Sexton - I thought he was looking poor at the start, but made some great runs towards the end, especially when Rog came on.
O'Leary - Mind-bogglingly poor. I thought he looked great for the first few minutes, but he soon deteriorated into a sloppy mess. I feel sorry for Conor Murray.
Healy Very impressive today, made a lot of runs when he was on.
O'Connell - He is tied with SoB for the best Irishman on the field, in my opinion. Was everywhere.
O'Brien - Immense is the only word to describe him. Glad he got the try at the end for his efforts.
Jennings - Disappointing. He had his big chance, but it didn't go well for him today.
Heaslip - Absent, for the most part.
Ferris - Glad to see him back. Didn't make a huge impact, but that can be forgiven, given it's his first game for quite a long time.
Reddan - I was cheering when he was finally brought on instead of ToL, but he wasn't much better. He's lucky that his own performance was overshadowed by ToL's.
Fitzgerald - He made that terrible pass at the start, but he surprised me later. Made two big runs for both of our second half tries, and it was his best Ireland performance in a while.

Ireland will be much better against England though. The Rock, Paper, Scissors analogy is dead right. If England can beat Ireland away it will be a massive result for them, but Ireland just seem to be able to raise their game 3 gears against them. Hopefully England will be so angry about the last time they met and the Wales game they wont let it happen.

We were **** - as we have been for years. Earls and O'Leary were especially poo. Munster backs, what did you expect?

Latest posts