• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC: France - Japan (10-09-2011, 18:00)

Japan have lost it, but they really gave it everything. I'm glad I stayed up late to watch this one.

Really was a lot closer than 47-21. Exciting matches so far today, can't wait for Argentina vs. England!

Make no mistake, France is here and they scored a beautiful try (the second to last one) but the Japanese can hold their heads up they played AWESOME.

I am sure that I am speaking for alot of French fans right now, I saw the whole WC campaign flash before my eyes for awhile there. France better play better if they want to hold up against Tonga. (can't even think about the ABs)

Japan were 10 times more impressive to watch than the All Blacks.

Speaking of the All Blacks, they'll be making a careful note that France upped a gear in the final 15 minutes.

(deja vu anyone?)

Score so unreflective of the game it's scary. Brilliant game from Japan, gave all they had and more, feel for them.

I caved and went to bed through this match :lol:

Sounds I missed a good one though, will have to check it out later today

Brilliant match. Shame France slipped away so much towards the end, Japan played their heart out.

Japan were 10 times more impressive to watch than the All Blacks.

Speaking of the All Blacks, they'll be making a careful note that France upped a gear in the final 15 minutes.

(deja vu anyone?)
Alot of that was due to Parra coming on at 10, He really showed his talent and well it seems France, by chance, have discovered another option at 10

Heavy suspicion of shoulder fracture for Skrela.
Wiesnievski or Doussain on the list to replace him (Beauxis uncertainly because of pubalgia).

Agree with you Munstermuffin, Parra very interesting spare option at 10

Was not so keen on Esetbanez @ centre, but I dont think any one player for France can be blamed. It was the whole team that just seemed flat, or not ready for the type of heart Japan would show in this match. I agree with the above posters Parra was not bad at 10.

I thought the scrums were good, very few resets. Was this because they weren't engaging from half a mile apart?

Just watched my recording of this. T-D was*absolutely awful Parra looked a lot better. I think Arlidge will get himself a top division contract after that.

Wish we kept ahold of Arlidge. Not spectacular, but on his day a very reliable player. I'd prefer him over Matthew Jones.

I can remember when Arlidge was in NZ he played for the Blues as a youngster, was always a solid, unspectacular player. Had a good game tonight. Going to be some good games between Tonga, Japan and Canada.

Japanese Brave Blossums...BRAVE definatley being the word. Sleek and agile like ninjas with the fighting spirit of the Samurai. They may have lost the game, but they definatly showed yesterday why they were worthy to win this years PNC. Well done Japan !

Latest posts