TRF_Ezequiel

Kanko Krazy!!!
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Netherlands
Club or Nation
Sharks
RWC%202011.png

Waikato Stadium, Hamilton (16-09-2011, 20:00)
New%20Zealand.png
Versus%20Telstra.png
Japan.png

Referee: Nigel Owens
22px-Flag_of_Wales_2.svg.png

[TABLE="class: grid"]
[TR][TD] All Blacks [/TD][TD] [/TD][TD] Japan [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Mils Muliaina [/TD][TD] 15 [/TD][TD] Taihei Ueda [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Cory Jane [/TD][TD] 14 [/TD][TD] Takehisa Usuzuki [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Conrad Smith [/TD][TD] 13 [/TD][TD] Koji Taira [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Ma'a Nonu [/TD][TD] 12 [/TD][TD] Yuta Umanura [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Richard Kahui [/TD][TD] 11 [/TD][TD] Hirotoki Nonozawa [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Daniel Carter [/TD][TD] 10 [/TD][TD] Murray Williams [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Andy Ellis [/TD][TD] 9 [/TD][TD] Atsushi Hiwasa [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Adam Thomson [/TD][TD] 8 [/TD][TD] Takashi Kikutani (c) [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Richie McCaw (c) [/TD][TD] 7 [/TD][TD] Michael Leitch [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Jerome Kaino [/TD][TD] 6 [/TD][TD] Itaru Taniguchi [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Sam Whitelock [/TD][TD] 5 [/TD][TD] Toshizumi Kitagawa [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Brad Thorn [/TD][TD] 4 [/TD][TD] Hitoshi Ono [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Owen Franks [/TD][TD] 3 [/TD][TD] Nozomu Fujita [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Keven Mealamu [/TD][TD] 2 [/TD][TD] Yusuke Aoki [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Tony Woodcock [/TD][TD] 1 [/TD][TD] Naoki Kawamata [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] [/TD][TD] [/TD][TD] [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Andrew Hore [/TD][TD] 16 [/TD][TD] Hiroki Yuhara [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] John Afoa [/TD][TD] 17 [/TD][TD] Kensuke Hatakeyama [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Ali Williams [/TD][TD] 18 [/TD][TD] Yuji Kitagawa [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Victor Vito [/TD][TD] 19 [/TD][TD] Sione Talikavili Vatuvei [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Piri Weepu [/TD][TD] 20 [/TD][TD] Tomoki Yoshida [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Colin Slade [/TD][TD] 21 [/TD][TD] Shaun Webb [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Sonny Bill Williams [/TD][TD] 22 [/TD][TD] Alisi Tupuailai [/TD][/TR]
[/TABLE]

It will be interesting to see what sort of team the AB's put out in this match. I'd imagine we will see the likes of Mealamu and Conrad Smith return, and possibly see a entirely new back three combo (Guildford, Jane, Muliaina). I'd like to see Boric get a start at lock too, whether it be alongside Thorn, or in Thorns place. I expect to see something along the lines of:
Woodcock, Mealamu, O Franks, Thorn, Boric, Kaino, McCaw, Vito, Cowan, Slade, Guildford, Nonu, Smith, Jane, Muliaina.

However to be honest I have no idea what the AB's selectors are thinking, so I'm probably miles off the mark!

I love the way Japan play. Very similar to the All Blacks in the way they try to draw in defenders and spread it wide but the the All Blacks will have too much physical power and speed for Japan. I will definitely be watching their scrum half as i've never seen a quicker pass from someone in his position and he attacked the fringes very well.

NZ will win for sure but the good thing is it wont be a 100 point thrashing like previous WC's. That's the great thing about this world cup so far

I think McCaw will sit this game out and Mills will be back, but I hope the sides not too far away from what a Top 22 would be. The top 22 needs to start playing together. Even if it's only Japan. Need to make sure the team Gels so we can thrash France and get a good run into the knockout stages.

I'm slightly nervous about this game. I saw what the Cherry Blossoms did to France. They won't pull off what would be the shock of the tournament, but if they play as well as they did against France, it'll be really uncomfortable us. We'll have to stay disciplined and focused if we want to win by a comfortable margin.

I foresee Japan putting up a really good fight though (which will be actually good for us). In the end, I see us winning about 35-15 or so.

NZ will win for sure but the good thing is it wont be a 100 point thrashing like previous WC's. That's the great thing about this world cup so far

I think McCaw will sit this game out and Mills will be back, but I hope the sides not too far away from what a Top 22 would be. The top 22 needs to start playing together. Even if it's only Japan. Need to make sure the team Gels so we can thrash France and get a good run into the knockout stages.

I would have thought the same, and would have been great to see them both earn their 100th cap together against France, but there aren't any other backrowers in the squad!

I would have thought the same, and would have been great to see them both earn their 100th cap together against France, but there aren't any other backrowers in the squad!

Thompson Will be back for this game, all 4 locks in the 22 again though they will rotate.

I do expect McCaw to sit out and Mills and McCaw to hit the 100 against France.

Maybe something like this

1, Woodcock
2, Mealamu
3, Franks
4, Boric
5, Whitelock
6, Kaino
7, Thompson
8, Vito
9, Cowan
10, carter
11, Guildford
12, Nonu
13, Smith
14, Jane
15, Mills

Hore, Franks/Afoa, Thorn, Ali Williams, Weepu, Slade, kahui/Dagg/SBW

But it's all guess work, not like picking a top 22 where only a couple of positions are really up for grabs. carter may even sit this game out.

Thompson Will be back for this game, all 4 locks in the 22 again though they will rotate.

1, Woodcock
2, Mealamu
3, Franks
4, Boric
5, Whitelock
6, Kaino
7, Thompson
8, Vito
9, Cowan
10, carter
11, Guildford
12, Nonu
13, Smith
14, Jane
15, Mills

But it's all guess work, not like picking a top 22 where only a couple of positions are really up for grabs. carter may even sit this game out.

I'd like to see Carter start again. Give him the first half just to keep the rhythym going into the France game. Mils will start, and is he is anything short of spectacular then Dagg will get the nod against France.

I actually think we will win by a lot. Japan are playing a rotated squad as they want to win two games. We usually do well against minnows anyway.

1, Woodcock
2, Mealamu
3, Franks
4, Boric
5, Whitelock
6, Kaino
7, Thompson
8, Vito
9, Cowan
10, carter
11, Guildford
12, Nonu
13, Smith
14, Jane
15, Mills

I doubt that they will start Thomson at open side in his first game back, i'd expect that they'll use him off the bench, and retain the starting trio from the last match

Is anyone else annoyed at the whole '100 test' hoopla? I hope the coaches are paying no attention to it. Would be foolish to base selections and stuff around it. Hopefully McCaw starts against Japan and we can forget the whole thing. If they have a premeditated idea that they want McCaw and Muliaina to get 100 in the same game that may affect selections which is a stupid variable to introduce during a world cup.

Is anyone else annoyed at the whole '100 test' hoopla? I hope the coaches are paying no attention to it. Would be foolish to base selections and stuff around it. Hopefully McCaw starts against Japan and we can forget the whole thing. If they have a premeditated idea that they want McCaw and Muliaina to get 100 in the same game that may affect selections which is a stupid variable to introduce during a world cup.

Agreed. It's pretty dumb. It's a Rugby World Cup, and it must be infuriating for some of the other players that this kind of mixed treatment is going on. I think Henry's love of Muliaina is very evident in all of this. Just let McCaw hit 100 tests first, he's sure as hell earned it. Muliaina made his debut two years after McCaw and has had Henry selecting him continuiously for nearly a decade, so I think reaching 100 test caps after McCaw would still be a heck of an achievment and wouldn't come at the cost RWC selections.

It's true that it's a sentimental kind of decision, so coaches should pay no attention to that (are they really?). However, it would have been nice.

It's like Martyn Williams; I don't question any of his exclusions, it just would have been great to have seen him earn (and notice the verb "earn", and not "get") 100 caps.

I have a feeling that basically all the players who weren't selected in the Tonga test bar the injured Read will get a run in this game (Most starting, some possibly on the bench)

If this is the case will you be happy?

I hate this rotation s$%t, i am totally against it. Our team has no rhythm, combination's aren't quite working to where they should be.
We haven't had the same team or even a similar team turn out in consecutive tests in forever. I compare it to the Aussies and South Africa and they managed to do it in the tri nations.

It didn't work in the last world cup, why try it now????

The three wise men talk a big game, they say the right things, but no action.

Henry claimed pre world cup the best team would be on show straight away, that was all talk.

Henry must think he did all the right things last time and Barnes screwed him over. Obviously he is set in his ways.

I have a feeling that basically all the players who weren't selected in the Tonga test bar the injured Read will get a run in this game (Most starting, some possibly on the bench)

I hate this rotation s$%t, i am totally against it. Our team has no rhythm, combination's aren't quite working to where they should be.
We haven't had the same team or even a similar team turn out in consecutive tests in forever. I compare it to the Aussies and South Africa and they managed to do it in the tri nations.

Henry claimed pre world cup the best team would be on show straight away, that was all talk.

Henry must think he did all the right things last time and Barnes screwed him over. Obviously he is set in his ways.

that is what iv'e been saying the whole time!!!!

I think that for Japan, the​ game of the WC was already played. I can see this being a 60 point win.

Collective nightmares in the Japanese camp as the all think it's 95 again...

Steve Hansen was strongly hinting on the NZ stuff website, that there won't be a lot of changes to the starting line up ... Muliaina and Conrad Smith, and perhaps Colin Slade as Dan Carter's back was a little sore after the Tonga match

Carter will probably miss the match against Japan. So it creates an opportunity for Colin Slade to start at 1st 5/8 alongside....Jimmy Cowan perhaps.
My team:
1 Woodcock, 2 Mealamu, 3 B.Franks
4 Boric, 5 Whitelock
6 Kaino, 7 Thompson, 8 Vito
9 Cowan, 10 Slade
11 Guildford, 12 Nonu, 13 Smith, 14 Jane
15 Mills

16 Flynn, 17 Afoa, 18 Thorn, 19 Ali Williams, 20 Ellis, 21 Kahui, 22 Dagg

Last edited:
Steve Hansen was strongly hinting on the NZ stuff website, that there won't be a lot of changes to the starting line up ... Muliaina and Conrad Smith, and perhaps Colin Slade as Dan Carter's back was a little sore after the Tonga match

I get the feeling its another bluff, they are going to rearrange most of the team.

Dan Carter was never going to play lol, that's just an excuse.

My fantasy team was looking good then boom Ioane, Matfield and possibly Carter gone pretty bad luck when you only have 4 subs and half the teams aren't named

well for all those doubting the coaches intentions

team has been announced

All Blacks:
Mils Muliaina, Cory Jane, Conrad Smith, Ma'a Nonu, Richard Kahui, Dan Carter, Andy Ellis, Adam Thomson, Richie McCaw (capt), Jerome Kaino, Sam Whitelock, Brad Thorn, Owen Franks, Keven Mealamu, Tony Woodcock. Reserves: Andrew Hore, John Afoa, Ali Williams, Victor Vito, Piri Weepu, Colin Slade, Sonny Bill Williams

Latest posts