• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC: New Zealand - Japan (16-09-2011)

Gear, a proven world class winger?

Might want to remove that if you'd like your argument to be a bit stronger :p

Gear, a proven world class winger?

Might want to remove that if you'd like your argument to be a bit stronger :p

Not really. 5 tries in 8 test matches for the All Blacks. I'm fairly certain there isn't a country other than New Zealand (and maybe Australia) where he wouldn't be guarenteed a starting spot. The fact he's not in the All Blacks for Zac Guildford is laughable.

Not really. 5 tries in 8 test matches for the All Blacks. I'm fairly certain there isn't a country other than New Zealand (and maybe Australia) where he wouldn't be guarenteed a starting spot. The fact he's not in the All Blacks for Zac Guildford is laughable.

That I agree with.

But Gear would not have a starting spot in my England starting team, his workrate is just to low. He would definatly be in my squad though :p.

That I agree with.

But Gear would not have a starting spot in my England starting team, his workrate is just to low. He would definatly be in my squad though :p.

You'd take Mark Cueto over Gear...

He's scored four tries in two games against England.

i'm only going to watch the game tonight :p there was no dish where I was this weekend :p ... so i'll post my view 2morow heeheheheeeee

Gear is world class, but his work rate esp after his injury has been poor :( and Guildford has been working his ass off....

I finally watched the game last night and i must say at times the AB seem to struggle :? esp at the breakdowns, scrum and line-outs... yes and its only Japan... and that is the problem... well atleast we going to get tested against France in those departments...

i think henry took Jane off because he saw enough in Jane regarding his workrate, decisions etc... and wanted to give SBW a decent run on that position as kahui basically secured 11.. and Nonu securing 12... smith securing 13... but i think Jane did enough to secure a starting 14... to Play SBW as a staring 14 will be a mistake... as he has't played on 14 at this level... he had played 14 wing for the Bulldogs though... but starting SBW on 14 at this level against tougher opposition will be a mistake... Jane needs to start and SBW from the bench then...

so my starting 15 for the tourney will look like
9. Cowan
10. carter
11. kahui
12. nonu
13. smith
14. jane
15. mills

... and wanted to give SBW a decent run on that position as kahui basically secured 11.. and Nonu securing 12... smith securing 13... but i think Jane did enough to secure a starting 14... to Play SBW as a staring 14 will be a mistake... as he has't played on 14 at this level... he had played 14 wing for the Bulldogs though... but starting SBW on 14 at this level against tougher opposition will be a mistake... Jane needs to start and SBW from the bench then...

Ok, ok, you hypnotised us already with your scratched record 'SBW shouldnt start as a winger', I agree. However if they get another fairly easy game, I wouldnt mind seeing him out there again on the wing. He doesnt have that jenkieness that most wingers have and lacks a bit of acceleration but the All Black coaching staff, I believe is the best in the world and I'd like to see what they'll do with this idea of having SBW on the wing.

Ok, ok, you hypnotised us already with your scratched record 'SBW shouldnt start as a winger', I agree. However if they get another fairly easy game, I wouldnt mind seeing him out there again on the wing. He doesnt have that jenkieness that most wingers have and lacks a bit of acceleration but the All Black coaching staff, I believe is the best in the world and I'd like to see what they'll do with this idea of having SBW on the wing.

Couldnt agree with you more Sam