• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC: Samoa - Wales (18-9-11, 15:30)

Ahhh Lavea is as sh*t as ever. Some things just never change.

The ref just gave a double movement? I thought that was only a rugby league thing?..

Is Tusi Pisi playin lads , just switched on?

There is a Pisi, but according to the teamsheet it is George. (Don't know if that is just his Christian name or something)

Samoa try on HT

Nope, illegal in union as well
I've searched the law book and rule 15.5g reads:
If a player is tackled near the goal line, that player may immediately reach out and ground the ball on or over the goal line to score a try or make a touch down.

Well the result of the last drive was inevitable. All credit to Samoa for the try, they've looked dangerous in attack and fully deserve their 7 points :D

1st half has been very physical, but extremely error ridden especially from Wales.

One of my biggest concerns is the Line outs. Why have we turned against our working strategy from last week. Charteris has been picked to be primary lineout jumper at the front. Right okay not the most attacking option, but its safe ball (and we seem to chicken out in their 22 of being creative anyways). Really frustrating to watch Wales be so contrasting to last week; all credit goes to Samoa though for playing a very physical game.

Can't see Wales losing this one. You'd think Samoa were favourites the way some pundits are talking about this match.

1.) Samoa are at about the same level as Italy in the IRB tables. There's a reason for that. Wales do lose against Italy once in a blue moon, but 8/10 times we beat them.

2.) Apart from beating Australia B, who as we saw today can be pretty flaky, Samoa's recent record is pretty poor. They lost against Tonga and Fiji in July... who as we have seen over the last week aren't exactly brilliant teams themselves.

3.) Wales have a poor record against Samoa but we usually play a weaker team against them. We still beat them two years ago with our second string side.

4.) We've been beaten by Fiji and Samoa in the World Cup before but they've been 'shock' victories. Wales didn't take them seriously and paid the price. They're taking this game very seriously.

5.) Samoa are playing two games in five days, and will probably be fairly knackered. The haka should take a bit more out of them.

6.) A few of their players got injured against Namibia and haven't trained properly over the last few days.

7.) Putting 49 points on Namibia isn't much of an achievement. Fiji managed that and got tonked by the same margin by SA today.

8.) Samoa didn't show much discipline against Namibia. A better team would have punished them for that.

9.) I wouldn't be surprised if Warren Gatland had spent more time planning for this game that he did for the South Africa game, given that his job pretty much depends on victory.

10.) This Welsh team is the best we've had for as long as I can remember. If we can come withing a point to South Africa we should be able to put 30 on Samoa.

Of course I could be eating my hat at 6am tomorrow morning... :lol:

You'd better hope to the Rugby Gods - that you have a small head.

The welsh boys looking a little beat up despite their efforts...

There is a Pisi, but according to the teamsheet it is George. (Don't know if that is just his Christian name or something)

Samoa try on HT

Yeah George is playing alright but Tusi was named to start , he was taking penalties v Namibia till he got injured and went off..Paul Williams is on them now i see.

How has our line out gone to **** again? Was effective vs SA and now it's useless...
Awful tackling for the try though. Horrible feeling this might be the start of a hole that we wont be able to dig ourselves out of

Halftime: Wales 6 (2 pens) v Samoa 10 (1 try, 1 pen, 1 con) #RWC2011
Concerning #Wales 1/2time stats:13 lost possessions/turnovers (inc 5 hand errs) 9 missed tacks, 38% terr, 6 pens #RWC2011
Concerning #Samoa 1/2time stats:7 lost possessions/turnovers (inc 5 hand errs) 13 missed tacks, 7 pens #RWC2011
1st half stats are up, www.ruckingoodstats.com. Stick around for the 1/2time stats show for #Wales v #Samoa, then doing charts #RWC2011
Halftime - 1st 5/8 options kick/run/pass from set piece/recycled ball Lavea 1/2/8 Priestland 3/2/7 #RWC2011
Halftime - Tactical kicks from the hand #Wales = 5 #Samoa = 7 #RWC2011
Time the ball was in play/contestable in the first half was 18:57 mins from refs time of 43:03 mins #RWC2011
#Wales inside #Samoa 22 in 1st half: broke tackles 3 hand errsfor 1:16 mins
#Samoa inside #Wales 22 in 1st half: broke 4 tackles pens 2 lineouts lost 1 rucks1 hand errs for 5:29 mins
1st half charts are done and up (charts take longer to create), www.ruckingoodstats.com. More stats to follow #RWC2011
Halftime: If #Wales lineout calls predictable, next attacking lineout throw goes front
Halftime: If #Samoa lineout calls predictable, next attacking lineout throw goes middle
Halftime: Stats #Wales will want to continue:6 linebreaks, 8 offloads, broke 13 tackles #RWC2011
Halftime: Stats for #Samoa will want to continue:3 linebreaks, 4 offloads, broke 9 tackles #RWC2011
40 min: 3 scrums reset so far(time wasted) 3 on WAL's feed (1:25 min 3.5%) #RWC2011

Omg I bet v cash on samoa winning by 7 and they are only leading by 4! Nt good enough

Well Samoa fully deserve their lead, looked the more dangerous around the fringes.

Why go middle and back ball when you have a 6 ft 7 jumper at front???? I know its not ideal, but you can't attack without the ball. Why change a formula that worked so well last week??

Nice to see Roberts and North breaking some tackles, but overall we look flat in attack and almost scared - highlighted with our lack of confidence inside their 22 to actually run the ball :( :( Hopefully Edwards is smashing some skulls at half time.

Just seen a Shane, Halfpenny and North back 3?? Hook off injured??? :( :(

Went to bed with my alarm set for 4.15 - woke up at 5.20 with my phone in my hand :lol:
Asleep me doesn't like being woken up apparently - At least I only missed half the match not all of it

Really dont agree with some of Rolland calls at the breakdown - seems to let Samoa get away with the stuff that he's penalising Wales for

Samoa are over committing their rucks. Wales are conceding the ruck on defence to have more numbers in the defensive line.
Samoa can't break through that and everyone rushing to the ruck unnessesarily is just going to tire them out.. If they don't smarten up Wales will be fresh enough to rout them in the last 10.

High tackle by Powell then - he even looked to ref as if to start apologising but the ref was looking the other direction

Latest posts