• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Pool A] Round 1 - Japan vs. Russia (20/09/2019)

Nice from Tamura there. Russia have shown some spark but it seems more Japanese mistakes than good Russian play.

Nice from Tamura there. Russia have shown some spark but it seems more Japanese mistakes than good Russian play.
Disagree, think Russia have been playing great tactical rugby as a team with some superb kicking to boot.

Disagree, think Russia have been playing great tactical rugby as a team with some superb kicking to boot.

They are kicking tactically, but apart from the kick over the top really the majority of their attacking play is coming off Japanese mistakes. Russia are playing a smart game and taking their chances, but I can't see them producing this for 80 minutes.

Japan 15 is having a nightmare. So many dropped balls

Love this Russian 13, 10 playing well too.

*edit
Well where is the TMO? Wondered what happened to the 9, was waiting for the replay that never came. Might well have been a deserved red there.

This is probably the first time there's been massive pressure on Japan to impress. I wonder how many of their players have never dealt with that.

If Japan are bad then the world cup is worse for it, so I'm disappointed by the score.

Latest posts