• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Pool A] Round 2 - Japan vs. Ireland (28/09/2019)

I still think Ireland have this game over Japan. Unless Japan play with a lot of speed and precision, brining out a great performance to upset Ireland but in my opinion Ireland still have this.

Ireland is probably the least likely team for japan to beat. Japan rely on fast play, disorganising the other teams fence and then taking advantage taking advantage. Ireland's defence is never disorganised. The only thing that has succeeded against Ireland in recent times is raw power and strength.
Ireland should be able to rotate well now and rest some players. Don't even need to BP, just win all their games. Only issue I can see is they won't have a real test before the QF's so could be a bit too relaxed potentially.
I think Samoa a week before the quarters is a decent warmup, if they choose to play their top team.

IRELAND matchday squad v Japan :
15. Rob Kearney
14. Keith Earls
13. Garry Ringrose
12. Chris Farrell
11. Jacob Stockdale
10. Jack Carty
9. Conor Murray
1. Cian Healy
2. Rory Best > CAPTAIN
3. Tadhg Furlong
4. Iain Henderson
5. James Ryan
6. Peter O'Mahony
7. Josh van der Flier
8. CJ Stander
Replacements : 16. Seán Cronin 17. Dave Kilcoyne 18. Andrew Porter 19. Tadhg Beirne 20. Rhys Ruddock 21. Luke McGrath 22. Joey Carbery 23. Jordan Larmour.

Mad that Best is starting again.

Conan has a foot injury.

Be interesting to see what the results of the Japanese tighthead's comments are.

What did he say?

Said Healy walks around. Which every loosehead does to some extent because it's nearly impossible not to. But still Healy is nowhere near as bad for it as to be among the worst of them.

'It will provide motivation for Cian' - Schmidt defends legality of Ireland's scrum https://the42.ie/4825298

Edit: Japanese team named. Leitch on the bench.

Japan need 'best game of their lives' as captain Leitch dropped for Ireland clash https://the42.ie/4825395

Last edited:
Said Healy walks around. Which every loosehead does to some extent because it's nearly impossible not to. But still Healy is nowhere near as bad for it as to be among the worst of them.

Silly boy, Healy's gonna have some fun on Saturday.

A 23 year old playing for Car Brand RFC and calling out a world class prop...... Ballsy move. Wouldn't do it myself for fear of being folded into the sub atomic level.
Very surprised Best is starting. Don't understand it myself. Shane for Conan he has a ****le hopefully he shakes that off fast.

On the Best situation apprently Scannell and Cronin are carrying ****les which is why he went 80 last week.

As has been said Conan has an injury, according to Thornley he would have started if fit.

Other than that no real surprises, maybe other than Aki not being there despite being available.

On the Best situation apprently Scannell and Cronin are carrying ****les which is why he went 80 last week.

As has been said Conan has an injury, according to Thornley he would have started if fit.

Other than that no real surprises, maybe other than Aki not being there despite being available.
Was it not that Scannell was used in the backrow that Best went full hog.

POM was down to be rested in this game and captain vs Russia. Aki was never penciled in to play this week and supposedly there is a structure in place for all pool games.

Was it not that Scannell was used in the backrow that Best went full hog.

POM was down to be rested in this game and captain vs Russia. Aki was never penciled in to play this week and supposedly there is a structure in place for all pool games.
"A couple of guys were carrying ****les," said Murphy, presumably in reference to Seán Cronin and Niall Scannell, who did replace Josh van der Flier on 74 minutes. "More bumps than ****les, so a decision was made that Besty was able to go the 80. He got a bit of a shock when we told him

What I'm going off from the Irish times.

Equally could be talking about other pack injuries and Scannell being saved if needed there but the way framed in the article seems more likely.

Carty is class. So there is no need to be worried about that. In fact, I am not sure anybody is. That is because we all know the replacement is able.

Japan (v Ireland):

15. Ryohei Yamanaka
14. Kotaro Matsushima
13. Timothy Lafaele
12. Ryoto Nakamura
11. Will Tupou
10. Yu Tamura
9. Yutaka Nagare

1. Keita Inagaki
2. Shota Horie
3. Jiwon Koo
4. Luke Thompson
5. James Moore
6. Kazuki Himeno
7. Pieter Labuschagne (captain)
8. Amanaki Lelei Mafi

Replacements:

16. Atsushi Sakate
17. Isileli Nakajima
18. Asaeli Ai Valu
19. Wimpie van der Walt
20. Michael Leitch
21. Fumiaki Tanaka
22. Rikiya Matsuda
23. Lomano Lava Lemeki

Weird. Yamanaki has played twice for the Sunwolves and has a chequered past for a steroid ban. Lemeki is a quality winger and gets dropped. Has Yamanaki he even played for Japan in recent years? Apparently picked as he is decent under the high ball, so we shall see.

Ireland right to show respect. To an outsider like me it looks like Jospeh messed up by keeping most of his squad away from the Sunwolves, but he needs to be respected and maybe he will show it to have been a masterstroke that shuts naysayers like me up.

Sadly geolocked for me after adding www. I was curious why the fly half is a man and everyone else is an animal. Fly halves have big enough heads as it is!

This explanation is made by RWC 2019 PLAYER Fumiaki Tanaka. (SH)

In his book ,fly half is the commander of the game. Human beings are the wisest among animals,
so he chose human beings as fly half .

I found a Japanese rugby rule book for elementary school students explaining positions by using animals.
Here chimpanzee is SO.
The reason is similar .

Luke Thompson played for Blackrock RFC aka Stradfuck apparently? Then you have McGinty in the states and Artymyev. Rock mafia in full effect. Shame they all drink ****.
This explanation is made by RWC 2019 PLAYER Fumiaki Tanaka. (SH)

In his book ,fly half is the commander of the game. Human beings are the wisest among animals,
so he chose human beings as fly half .

I found a Japanese rugby rule book for elementary school students explaining positions by using animals.
Here chimpanzee is SO.
The reason is similar .
Love the explanation. Too bad Owen Farrell didn't get the memo fly halves are supposed to be intelligent.

Luke Thompson played for Blackrock RFC aka Stradfuck apparently? Then you have McGinty in the states and Artymyev. Rock mafia in full effect. Shame they all drink ****.
Dylan Fawsitt (USA backup hooker) also went there. Throw in Conway and Jordi Murphy as well as Joey Carbery (kinda) and there's a lot of Blackrock in world rugby.

Funny cause I'm pretty sure that from the actual Leinster senior squad I think only Ringrose went there.

Carty is class. So there is no need to be worried about that. In fact, I am not sure anybody is. That is because we all know the replacement is able.

Carty has developed so much as a player. He came onto the scene at Connacht and was understandably getting criticism, his passing action seemed almost sloth like and while he showed promise, he also sometimes looked out of his depth. But he seems crisper in the pass, and consistently makes the right decision, like he has completely adjusted to the pace of the game. I really enjoy seeing players outplay superior athletic specimens with brains and hard work. He is the Dan Biggar of Ireland (in the nicest possible way).

18 months ago he was Jack Carthorse, now he's leading Ireland in what is a big game, picked ahead of golden child Carberry no less, and there is not a voice of dissent!

He's still only the second best Connacht player mind.

Latest posts