• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Pool B] Round 1 - New Zealand vs. South Africa (21/09/2019)

Haaaaahahahahahahahahahaha. Yeah alright buddy, here's the joint.

Ignore the bulk of the arrogance in his comment and he is right though, we are often on the wrong side of the penalty count. I thought our defensive line discipline was really good given the pressure we were under. We weren't blatantly offside at all. And when Mo'unga made that break, it had to be a yellow card for the professional foul. If that was the ABs we definitely would've got a guy sin binned.

Ignore the bulk of the arrogance in his comment and he is right though, we are often on the wrong side of the penalty count. I thought our defensive line discipline was really good given the pressure we were under. We weren't blatantly offside at all. And when Mo'unga made that break, it had to be a yellow card for the professional foul. If that was the ABs we definitely would've got a guy sin binned.

Excuse me... what arrogance?

...i must enjoy a very different type of rugby to most, I enjoyed that, really tense, the odd break out, huge turns of pace from both sides, that rush defence really put some pressure on the ABs

I never felt comfortable, the fact we got the lead with five minutes of brilliance always makes me feel the same could come ther other way....and then every time Kolbe got the ball I expected it to happen

Glad for the win...well done rsa, you'll do some damage in the later stages of this Comp

Excuse me... what arrogance?

Only playing at 70%, saving tactics etc. As an ABs fan I hope you're right! But I don't think we have this secret game plan we are going to roll out. Maybe arrogance was a bit harsh - apologies.

If we win it'll be because we do the simple stuff better than everyone else and take the chances that present themselves (like tonight).

We were probably overly conservative with subs, so the team changed a bit in the second half which may not be the case in knockout games.

...i must enjoy a very different type of rugby to most, I enjoyed that, really tense, the odd break out, huge turns of pace from both sides, that rush defence really put some pressure on the ABs

I never felt comfortable, the fact we got the lead with five minutes of brilliance always makes me feel the same could come ther other way....and then every time Kolbe got the ball I expected it to happen

Glad for the win...well done rsa, you'll do some damage in the later stages of this Comp

Some of the end to end stuff was pretty awesome to watch. Was really impressed with that Mo'unga tackle on Kolbe in the corner, showed a ton of gas to stay with him.

All I saw was a mish mash of tactics and a replacement policy that had to have been planned to restrain the ABs.
Lets face it there is no tactical plan that has SBW kicking, I get the impression that once the ABs game plan started to bear fruit Hansen shut it down and buggered off to a tea ceremony or something.

And to be fair I think SA was doing the same, both teams wanted to win but neither wanted to show all they had, alternatively they are both in pretty bad shape.

Had to hide offline coz I was in the cheap seats and the game has only just finished for me...

Game wasn't even really close tbh. That second half try for SA started from the most glaringly obvious offside play at the ball. Can we get a "lazy running" yellow card for that? Think I counted about 8 high tackles in the first half, some definite plays at the neck in the clear outs... Are we now being super loose on high tackles again? That first incident with killing the ball, which is a professional foul, was a yellow if it was the All Blacks that did it. I would definitely say going forward these two teams are the ones to beat.

One thing that drove me mad was the number of times tackled players were allowed to get to their feet and go again without releasing the ball. So many extra yards and momentum came from it. Credit to the boks for doing it as the ref was just ignoring it but it was driving me crazy to watch it happen over and over.

One thing that drove me mad was the number of times tackled players were allowed to get to their feet and go again without releasing the ball. So many extra yards and momentum came from it. Credit to the boks for doing it as the ref was just ignoring it but it was driving me crazy to watch it happen over and over.
Yeah I thought that, but then that's one of the few ways you can make ground now that being 30m offside is fine.

If Kolbe was an AB he would have got a hat trick easy...as he would have had support, even the AB forwards get there when a back makes a break where as SA when kolbe made a break left him to score or get turned over...

I guess a "postive" for the Boks might be, lose now rather than later ?

Reading through here it amazes me how different people can watch the same game and get totally different take-aways from it. I watched a totally different game. Let me just leave it at that.

What I will say though and please quote me.. SA v England final..

I really, honestly, cannot believe how much talk there is about the referee on this thread, given how totally abject the Boks have been in so many ways.

Well said
Bokkies complaining are barking up the wrong tree

Rassie should be getting alot of heat for the game plan
Boks had no discernible attacking game beyond Kicking the ball of #9 or Up & Unders

One off runners does not count - Stampkaar Rugby sadly from the Boks
Nor is give the ball to Mapimpi or Kolbe and hope they beat multiple defenders on every carry

I still can't believed they left Elton Jantjes out of the Matchday squad
4 point game with 20 mins to go He would inject some sort of attacking shape/ structure in Boks attack

Pollard is very poor in doing such things Boks play off #9 Pollard is just there to kick goals, tackle
& carry the ball/score barge over tries in the 22

If i was the coach, i would never ever let Faf and Willie le Roux play again. Mpimpi and Am are automatic exclusions.

FOH about Mapimpi

Are you forgetting that Mapimpi ran down Mo'unga to save a certain try or that he scored
3 tries in the game beforehand vs Japan

Willie LR would get dropped for next game w/ Kolbe to #15 & Nkosi to #14

How about golden boy Pollard who was total Kak today
Missing a penalty so close to the post he could throw the ball over it:rolleyes:
Poor kicks in open play when Boks stopped kicking from #9

Elton Jantjes would have made a big difference IMO
Frans Steyn did not even get off the Bench
What does that tell us about his value in the squad #WaterBoy :D :D

Reading through here it amazes me how different people can watch the same game and get totally different take-aways from it. I watched a totally different game. Let me just leave it at that.

What I will say though and please quote me.. SA v England final..

I think you might be right! By losing the Boks have managed to secure an "easier" passage to the final. (Provided they beat Italy, Namibia and Canada)

Latest posts