• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Pool C] Round 1 - England vs. Tonga (22/09/2019)

Also just checked world rankings. It would appear Ireland are now 1, NZ 2, us 3. Wales have dropped to 5th, which made me smile

As a Wing I did that once. Ended up with a dislocated shoulder soon after. Let us not go to the scrum, ''tis a silly place.
As a Scrum Half - I had to fill in at hooker once - the opponent's knew, and allegedly took it easy on me.
It didn't feel like it.
I did end up sitting on the locks' backs.
They promised to only steal the ball when it really mattered - which apparently meant every scrum...
It hurt.
No-one had thought of uncontested scrums in the 90s (or at least, no-one there did)

As a Scrum Half - I had to fill in at hooker once - the opponent's knew, and allegedly took it easy on me.
It didn't feel like it.
I did end up sitting on the locks' backs.
They promised to only steal the ball when it really mattered - which apparently meant every scrum...
It hurt.
No-one had thought of uncontested scrums in the 90s (or at least, no-one there did)

That's fair enough. No self respecting front rower would pass up the chance of giving a yappy scrum half some mild discomfort, but they'd have been looking after you really. We have a code of honour.

Now if you want real trauma......I once played a couple of games at full back. OMG, those wide open spaces, I went down with a chronic case of agoraphobia and couldn't wait to retreat to the comfort and camaraderie of the scrum.

That's fair enough. No self respecting front rower would pass up the chance of giving a yappy scrum half some mild discomfort, but they'd have been looking after you really. We have a code of honour.

Now if you want real trauma......I once played a couple of games at full back. OMG, those wide open spaces, I went down with a chronic case of agoraphobia and couldn't wait to retreat to the comfort and camaraderie of the scrum.
You big lads. Never happy unless your being cuddled with another man reaching between your legs.

Always feel bad for poor May when I watch that video. Bless.

Last edited:
England team released. I like it.

Marler
George
Sinckler
Lawes
Itoje
Curry
Underhill
Billy

Young's
Ford
May
Farrell
Tuilagi
Watson
Daly

Full strength, that. You can argue for Wilson or Kruis but no one's been left out just to rest.

Full strength, that. You can argue for Wilson or Kruis but no one's been left out just to rest.

Yeah - it's definitely not the 'mix and match' side I was expecting. Perhaps Eddie's going for a statement win and hen plans to give a few of our main men a rest against the USA?

Apparently Wilson is carrying a knee ****le and so this is just an outright full strength 23.

FTR our bench is Genge, LCD, Cole, Kruis, Ludlam, Heinz, Slade, Joseph.

Yeah - it's definitely not the 'mix and match' side I was expecting. Perhaps Eddie's going for a statement win and hen plans to give a few of our main men a rest against the USA?

I would expect everyone who has been left out here (except Mako if he's still not fit yet) to start against the USA. After that it's 5 top level games out of 5* so it's the only chance to rest anyone.

*we hope

Apparently Wilson is carrying a knee ****le and so this is just an outright full strength 23.
Thought as much, despite EJ saying be was available - in the latest Rising Sons video he was doing seperate fitness training to the rest of the squad

That's the only logical explanation, but I've long held the view that logic has left the building.

I know Manu breaks easily, but 2 13s on the bench is a bit much.....

It's the opener and "only" Tonga, but let's not beat around the bush. If we've got any pretensions of winning this thing, nothing less than an outright thumping will do. And that includes not reducing to a complete shambles when the bench comes on.

Latest posts