• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Quarter-Final 3] Wales vs. France (20/10/2019)

Very lucky Wales. That call from Peyper was huge. I hope to Christ that he doesn't get the Eng:NZ semi.
I do he's usually pretty good and I can't think who else I'd prefer who's actually eligible.

Poetic justice I suppose. But Wales were terrible. They can't score tries. They are not even close to capable of beating NZ in a WC final on this tournaments form.

Also I realised my only irritation is that Welsh pundits will spin this as deserved and that Wales earned it when they didn't.

It seems a very unpopular result from most of you guys. But I don't care. Wales are punching and I couldn't be happier.

remember France we're more rested and we lost a huge player before kick off.
But agree with Welsh attack being so bad.

Lol. Gareth Thomas. "That was a great game of rugby." - yeah only because Wales won. It was a good contest, but great rugby. Hmmmm.:rolleyes:

Disagree. France dont just have themselves to blame, they have Peyper to blame here.
He saw the play, he knew what to look for and missed what is obvious to the overwhelming majority in a game-deciding call, in a world cup QF.

Wales not convincing at all. Played poorly and were lucky that Vahaamahina is such a tool.

I'll take it, much we'll have to play much much better v SA/Japan to stand a chance.

Wainwright was class. Tomos Williams was exceptional during his cameo as well.

One of the most undeserved victory of all the RWCups. Wales looked clueless even when they had one man advantage, which was like 25 min or more...

Anyway, it's probably the other side of the 2011 coin.

Happy Wales have gone through but man, that call has really taken the shine off. Could have scored any way but don't like the game being decided like that. Without that red France are probably winning though as they were the better team so can look there, I guess.

Unlucky France, well played.

France only have themselves to blame.

The Red was utterly dumb.

Also had chances to take points with drop goals and made the wrong decision.
I dont get this. Your teammate ****s you over and you deserve to lose on an incorrect decision?

You're right about the kicking though. Left points on the pitch, any 2 of which would have been the victory.

Feel really sorry for the French, the 14 put in a hell of a shift. But the red was always going to be decisive.

Wales massively rode their luck and are going to have to improve hugely to go any further.

Obvs the plank of a lock cost them, but those 2 first half kicks against the posts....

Well, I go into here and there appears to be some sort of Wales smear campaign happening. That wasn't forward - although we got lucky on a few occasions - but Navidi went off, we missed Davies, France got the bounces, but the red card turned it.

We go on.

Thing with the rip/forward pass was he had both assistants with him looking at the replays but barely spent much time looking at it.....

I would not like to be Vahaamahina when he gets back to Clermont.

With him on the pitch, France to up with that attacking 5m scrum they lost the ball, and they keep the ball in the defensive 5m scrum.

Latest posts