• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Quarter-Final 3] Wales vs. France (20/10/2019)

Protocols aside I'm glad the Welsh have rushed Biggar back in otherwise they might play a fly half with actual talent.

We've got our 10 who turns us from the most brainless and soft team in the world that doesn't have a thistle on our jersey into genuine world beaters, it could happen!
Look we need you to win, history shows in the professional era the team that beats the ABs doesn't win the world cup.

Far too much Scotland, Ireland and England talk on this thread for my liking...
.upload_2019-10-18_16-22-38.jpeg

Far too much Scotland, Ireland and England talk on this thread for my liking...
.View attachment 7684
Currently Ireland are only being talked about in threads that aren't the Ireland one, we're afraid to do anything but placidly accept defeat there!

Anyway, who'll win the most hotly contested battle of the anthems? "Marchons Marchons"

I reckon that France have gone too conservative for their opponents. The opposition has generally been very consistent in defence and France have left some of their best players on the bench or out of the 23. I doubt very much they can beat the other guys with this team. Having said other team are carrying injuries so I guess they can exploit that.

My prediction is France 12 Whoever they are playing 24

Anyway, who'll win the most hotly contested battle of the anthems? "Marchons Marchons"
Well I know there can be only one winner in your Gallic-flavoured mind Alf... but for me an anthem shouldn't be 'jaunty', it should be nipple-tweakingly, sack-clenchingly, war-declaringly stirring... not 'quite' the same empassioning chest-thump when sung halfway around the world though.

Last edited:
I reckon that France have gone too conservative for their opponents. The opposition has generally been very consistent in defence and France have left some of their best players on the bench or out of the 23. I doubt very much they can beat the other guys with this team. Having said other team are carrying injuries so I guess they can exploit that.

My prediction is France 12 Whoever they are playing 24
Wow... we have achieved something when the English can't even bring themselves to speak our name!

I think Biggar is quite good for this matchup, because France are not a high scoring team, so a more controlled style for Wales in this particular fixture can be successful. I am extremely sceptical that Biggar would be starting if this was a club game or dead rubber, and that's what makes me think this is questionable on medical grounds. Funny of Brunel to raise the matter given France's history against Wales of dubious prop injuries and inappropriate medical advice.

That aside, I quite like the French selection barring Huget and Medard and am rooting for a performance to do Brunel proud. If France put together 80mins I think they will win this, but look out for the inexplicable slump on 25mins by them.

Wales by 8

First post for me on here. My fear is that France will drive up the middle where Wales' defence has sometimes been found wanting. Don't like being favourites with everyone! They will be no pushover.

Glad Biggar is back.

First post for me on here. My fear is that France will drive up the middle where Wales' defence has sometimes been found wanting. Don't like being favourites with everyone! They will be no pushover.

Glad Biggar is back.
Welcome bud.

Latest posts