• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Quarter-Final 4] Japan vs. South Africa (20/10/2019)

I don't think the Japan game was our worst game ever nor do I think It was our darkest moment, the Japan match in 2015 to me was an upset, you sometimes get those. It was a fairytale for Japan, good for them. We rebounded and almost beat the All Black's so the biggest failure of that world Cup was the semi.

Our darkest moment ever unfortunatly was not just one game it was basically two years. THE DREADED AC era. NZ smashing us, Italy smashing us, Ireland smashing us... Horrible times after every game I thought this guy has to be fired. Then even worse... They did not fire him. The negativity of SA rugby was at an all time low. This very forum was super negative about SA. So negative we started to look like French fans.

After every dark age comes a golden age though and I sense the spirits that has been uplifted in South Africa atleast when it comes to rugby, out economy is still ******. For this Japan game I'm traveling all the way from KZN to shitty joburg to watch the semi with family and friends, sodat ons Boerewors kan braai met bier en kyk hoe Suid Afrika finaal toe gaan

For this Japan game I'm traveling all the way from KZN to shitty joburg to watch the semi with family and friends, sodat ons Boerewors kan braai met bier en kyk hoe Suid Afrika finaal toe gaan

Hope they checked the load shedding schedule! Im missing both games tomorrow cause we going on a balloon safari, and missing morning game on Sunday cause we load shedding from 8 to 12:30. ****

Hope they checked the load shedding schedule! Im missing both games tomorrow cause we going on a balloon safari, and missing morning game on Sunday cause we load shedding from 8 to 12:30. ****
Dude... are you even a rugby fan? :p

I would love this to be close when Mafi and Lemeki come off the bench, but nah. Joseph is suggesting he has a strategy up his sleeve but a NH ref I expect to be a little more diligent (or nitpicking depending on your perspective) and that could be a factor.

Ban the maul!

Boks by 23

I see my load shedding schedule is Sunday from11:00 to 13:00. Guess I'm gonna watch the game at the parents. A generator and inverter is in place there.

I stay on the same power grid as a local power station, never get affected, lucky me..
Champagne breakfast still on, bout 20 people coming over, going to be a blast

Man it makes my blood boil to hear that the load shedding kak is still happening. My parents are completely off grid. My mum even has a solar oven. Look it up, it's just a box with tin foil in. It's good to see ingenuity but it ****** me off that they're having to do **** like this.

Edit: Lol at "p¡55es me off" being censored

Our darkest moment ever unfortunatly was not just one game it was basically two years. THE DREADED AC era. NZ smashing us, Italy smashing us, Ireland smashing us... Horrible times after every game I thought this guy has to be fired. Then even worse... They did not fire him. The negativity of SA rugby was at an all time low. This very forum was super negative about SA. So negative we started to look like French fans.
One of the people to rise from the ashes from that era is coach Mzwandile Stick. Got to give him kudos for that because everyone was calling for his head too.

SA to prevail after Japan flatter to deceive in first 25 mins.
The dream ends.

I see my load shedding schedule is Sunday from11:00 to 13:00. Guess I'm gonna watch the game at the parents. A generator and inverter is in place there.

What is load shedding? Why can't you just install solar panels? They are becoming big in the UK. I imagine South Africa has more sun

What is load shedding? Why can't you just install solar panels? They are becoming big in the UK. I imagine South Africa has more sun
scheduled country wide blackouts due to Eskom not being able to maintain power properly. Solar is really expensive here

The country's Power utility, Eskom, cuts electrical supply on the national grid, to "shed the load", by cutting supply on a large scale, they manage to keep the lights on for a longer period should there be a shortfall of coal.

We have an energy crisis which is currently because of the state capture debacle and our former president colluding with the Gupta family who own(ed)/(s) coal mines. Asking exorbitant prices for coal, and then not delivering. It's a mess.

but back to the ruggas.

I found this feel good article, and wanted to share it with you guys:
https://www.theroar.com.au/2019/10/...-are-brave-too/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

The country's Power utility, Eskom, cuts electrical supply on the national grid, to "shed the load", by cutting supply on a large scale, they manage to keep the lights on for a longer period should there be a shortfall of coal.

We have an energy crisis which is currently because of the state capture debacle and our former president colluding with the Gupta family who own(ed)/(s) coal mines. Asking exorbitant prices for coal, and then not delivering. It's a mess.

but back to the ruggas.

I found this feel good article, and wanted to share it with you guys:
https://www.theroar.com.au/2019/10/...-are-brave-too/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

I don't know what it is like elsewhere, but the pundits and the press in the UK seem to have been caught up in the Japan hype train.
I agree they are a very good side. They could beat the Boks but I consider it the least likely of the upsets (but would not be a total surprise, the QFs are quite even this year). But the way the press have been going on about them you would think that they are the best rugby team of all time, the world cup is theirs to lose and the All Blacks would have 50 points put on them if they faced the mighty Cherry Blossoms.

Japan could do well, could beat the Boks, could reach the final but I don't think it is as likely as people think. People are seeing what they want to see.

The Springboks are not Scotland. The Boks will win easy. If they lose, well then they should stop playing rugby.

Japan to win by devastating Spirit Bomb!

It's been building for years baby!

TalkativeDeliriousAmericanindianhorse-size_restricted.gif

Latest posts