• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Semi-Final 2] Wales vs. South Africa (27/10/2019)

Wales seem to have the most humble/approachable supporters of all the nations in the British Isles. Ireland was very cocky until they got kicked out again, Eng is still a mix of cocky and arrogant. Scotland were just raging everyyime I read something but were never cocky.

The above observations is probably why English supporters are claiming the other sf is the final. Maybe sometimes you need to make such claims if you fear your team is about to be knocked out of the world Cup.

Personally I am scared of this Wales match, not only our recent results against them but also the memories of that last world Cup where something amazing had to happen at the death to pull of the win. This could go either way and there won't be more than 5 points in it. I think and hope we will win, there is huge optimism but I would honestly be surprised if there is a runaway victory.

Wales seem to have the most humble/approachable supporters of all the nations in the British Isles.
I think the issue is everyone other @bushytop and @MikeTheNative have been banned/ignored/gone of in a flounce. Your dangerously close to summoning VC to prove this statement gloriously wrong.

Wales seem to have the most humble/approachable supporters of all the nations in the British Isles...

Hmmm... I can already 'feel' the wry smiles of English, Irish and Scottish posters reading that one! It's safe to say that they would not agree :D.

If we are at 100% and all the opportunities stick there is no way we can lose this. If our squandered chances against Japan stuck we could have won by 30 points. The problem is we are playing a team who, even if you play at 90% can still manage to sneak it from under your nose. Wales are one of the best scoreboard ticking teams in the world, and even when they are not on song, they still stay in sight. What worries me is they are due a big performance. A reminder that they are not Grand Slam winners for nothing. That game against Ireland in the 6N was so clinical, and that kind of performance is what can win this for them.

The same can be said for us though, and we haven't been at 100% yet. But if we are, and we play like we all know we can, I cannot see us losing.

I think the issue is everyone other @bushytop and @MikeTheNative have been banned/ignored/gone of in a flounce. Your dangerously close to summoning VC to prove this statement gloriously wrong.

Even though he talked complete crap, Valley Commando was at least entertaining, I still never worked out whether he was troll or just that stupid. On a whole the standard of posting is a lot better here than the likes of Reddit r/rugby union and facebook etc. where you get a load of Welsh people saying some absolute crap.

To be fair, I've noticed a decent little Welsh community developing on here lately... obviously the Grand Slam and World Cup run has probably had a lot to do with that but hopefully they'll hang around and keep it real. Also apart from all the noobs (who all seem sound) shout out to @dullonien who has never seemed anything other than realistic and educated in his opinions.

Obviously there have been some bad apples, the other home nations have had some of them too but I'd imagine a lot of the negative perception of Welsh fans comes from social media and BBC HYS articles.

To be fair, I've noticed a decent little Welsh community developing on here lately... obviously the Grand Slam and World Cup run has probably had a lot to do with that but hopefully they'll hang around and keep it real. Also apart from all the noobs (who all seem sound) shout out to @dullonien who has never seemed anything other than realistic and educated in his opinions.

Obviously there have been some bad apples, the other home nations have had some of them too but I'd imagine a lot of the negative perception of Welsh fans comes from social media and BBC HYS articles.
I knew I'd forget some people. But yes the Welsh are building a decent set of posters like us English and the Irish.

Online is also a completely different thing, I've never met a Welsh rugby fan (or any rugby fan for that matter) that I have not got on with well. Well except one a small group of Exeter fans who decided to take the **** out of kid and jab me in the ribs throughout an entire match....

Your also forgetting about Wales Online ;)

Haha. The rankings mean f***all at a World Cup. I don't know why people bother looking at the rankings during the WC.
They're weighted double in the world cup and have a massive recency bias to warm up games that don't matter a shite! From the end of the RC after the world cup to the start of the one before it they're a decent indicator of where a team is in my opinion though!

God knows where us being cocky comes from, last time I remember being properly cocky before a game was NZ last year, I thought we'd beat England in the 6n but was telling everyone who'd listen, it wasn't the foregone conclusion it was being made out to be... The sarcasm doesn't flow south, or to some parts of the valleys and Highlands. The French though, those beautiful ******** get us!

I think Wales might win this and make it look not massively difficult if I'm being honest, it won't be a hammering but I could see them getting out in front early and keeping SA at an arm's length. A bit like what the grand slam game would have been like if Ireland had put up any fight. My radar has been so far out this year it's bonkers though, sorry for the kiss of death!

This forum does appear to have likeable Welsh contributors. ScumV was and 606V2 is bordering on hate speech.
That's why it's good to get out of the old goldfish bowl/echo chamber ;)

Last edited:
If your bringing up Wales Online they we are allowed to point out the Daily Mail. :p
Last I checked Daily Heil is a national newpaper you have to own up it to as well ;)

Actually I'm reffering to just the rugby coverage of which the Fail is 'not bad'.

Latest posts