• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][The Final] England vs. South Africa (02/11/2019)

Marx is only 25. He could have another 2 world cups. Could get to 3 if he pulls a Schalk Brits. Marx on top form is the best 2 in the world Imo.

Hence why I said not playing him more then (4 years ago Maro was 21) as opposed to playing him now.
It's too late for the move now IMO.
Especially with flankers being a issue at the time, we had lots of decent ones not many stand outs.

Just wondering out loud really he is a great lock so the point is prob mute.
I mean to be fair he played the European final at 6 this year and was brilliant.

Tbh at this stage both teams have to say they will win without being accused of arrogance. It's the World Cup Final, if you go in thinking you won't win unless it's an upset then you're already at a huge disadvantage. The only way it's becomes arrogance is if you say you will win comfortably or that the other side aren't good enough.

For me simply, England will win as I believe this is an excellent group of players who have played some fantastic rugby this year and in this tournament. I think England will be too strong for S.A, but it certainly won't be easy and they will have to earn it.
england played an all blacks team that were well below par.I t was the poorest all black performance i have seen in a long time.
england are too strong for South Africa,come on ,are you on medication or needing medication.
there's no point in polishing up the sword as there will be no knighthood .England are weak .
Believe all the hype and media bias and then get a damn good thrashing ,groundhog day lol

Just thinking back to Saturday. I wanted Brown on the plane to give us options and if ever there was going to be a game for a uber bolshy but totally trustworthy out and out full back that really was it.

I know we'd have liked Nowell fit, but he never really was and only played 12 minutes, McConnochie 60 and Joe 80. 152 minutes in total of which 140 were against the USA. At least one wasted spot for sure.

Just thinking back to Saturday. I wanted Brown on the plane to give us options and if ever there was going to be a game for a uber bolshy but totally trustworthy out and out full back that really was it.

I know we'd have liked Nowell fit, but he never really was and only played 12 minutes, McConnochie 60 and Joe 80. 152 minutes in total of which 140 were against the USA. At least one wasted spot for sure.
Add in Piers Francis too..

I agree on Mike Brown, although I get the impression that he's won't be a good squad player/tourist if he's not involved..

@Groundhog I think he's calling you a racist now too.

Coming to the meeting later? We're wearing white face, burning haggis and eating mars bars that aren't battered.
I just got a DNA test, turns out I'm 100% bad *****. Imagine coming from a country that talks up their rugby team only to be made a complete fool out of even more than Ireland though, lol.

I just got a DNA test, turns out I'm 100% bad *****. Imagine coming from a country that talks up their rugby team only to be made a complete fool out of even more than Ireland though, lol.
Sorry but Ireland still win that one, just it nearly a month ago and everyone's forgotten ;)

Marx is only 25. He could have another 2 world cups. Could get to 3 if he pulls a Schalk Brits. Marx on top form is the best 2 in the world Imo.
He certainly made some impact again. Most obvious was the soft pass that set Mapmpi in space and the tackle that led to the spill ending up in Kolbe dotting down. Him, Am and PSDT were everywhere.

@Groundhog I think he's calling you a racist now too.

Coming to the meeting later? We're wearing white face, burning haggis and eating mars bars that aren't battered.
And to think you're getting nominated for Lifetime achievement and best poster awards when Dave beatson, the living embodiment of all that is great about online rugby forums is alive and well (not to mention being the world's leading expert on race relations). Travesty smh.

And to think you're getting nominated for Lifetime achievement and best poster awards when Dave beatson, the living embodiment of all that is great about online rugby forums is alive and well (not to mention being the world's leading expert on race relations). Travesty smh.
I'm nothing but a bully. A bully who was endorsed by @bushytop. Do you really a man who'd endorse such behaviour as your best poster TRF? No, vote @The Alpha Bro 2019.

QuarrelsomeLoneCollie-size_restricted.gif

Add in Piers Francis too..

I agree on Mike Brown, although I get the impression that he's won't be a good squad player/tourist if he's not involved..

Some creative tension and anger is good. We need more of that, on the field at least.

Yes Francis only got one game and that wasn't far off being over before it began. Again that was the USA where Launchbury made his sole contribution of 49 minutes and Singleton got his 12 minutes of fame. Genge got 71 minutes of action in 2 games and would probably have been less if Mako had been fit.

So between them McConnochie, Coka, Nowell, Francis, Launch, Singleton and Genge clocked up 364 minutes in 8 appearances. We were pretty lucky with injuries and who knows what side we might have put out against Fra, if we'd gone strong then only Nowell might have been in the mix. Guess it's an issue for everyone, but that feels like a lot of passengers.

Joh what a world cup final, I had a very bad Sunday. Not condoning the abuse of alcohol or anything like that but I was hugging the toilet most of my Sunday. I Think me and some friends got alcohol poisoning. I might stop drinking as a result of the liver demolition that took place. Took some time to recover.

The game is done and I don't want to ***** and moan as I know I will get disliked and all that but more importantly I want to be a fair winner if that makes sense and not be a dick about it. I really would like to say sorry for bringing it up but if you read the pages one to 20 on this thread then you will see that the English supporters were damn sure that the Boks had no chance and that England would win because the "level of their semi-final was much higher than the sa semi" now that was potentially the case but this just shows don't judge a team on a performance like that and say you know what's gonna happen against your team or that because you beat team a and team a won against team b that must mean that team c will beat team b. (SA lost to NZ, Eng beat NZ so ENG will beat SA).

I felt sorry for the English supporters and mostly for prince Harry, I think he deserves to lift a world cup trophy with England. Sad to see his brother not attending.

• England did not lose because of Farrel or Ford and would not have won if Cipriani had played
  • No hard feelings that English supporters were dead sure their team would win. That's passion though, you need to believe. We also believed and admittedly found the English confidence funny, but im sure it was the same for English supporters reading the South African comments.
  • England would have won if they won the battle of the forwards, broke the gain line more often, stopped South Africa from breaking the gain line and as a result of that conceded more penalties.
  • I don't think we hate England more than say NZ or Australia or France, there is a rivalry. Rivalries are good for the sport. Rivalries can become heated. There is history between these nations. Most of the rugby watching the population of South Africa (White population) is a result of a combination of England and the Netherlands, inevitably there will be added significance to these two nations, it's just that the Netherlands is not in our league yet.
All and above, so happy. Like the term hemispherism some people throw around. I probably subscribe to that but only because of the SANZAAR partnership. We chose to get in bed with NZ, Australia and Argentina. Our domestic teams play together, our national teams play together. We have Argentinian teams basing themselves at our universities. Its a partnership designed to help each nation be as good as they can be. Super rugby and the RC is without a doubt a massive factor behind this World cup win. We push each other. NZ pushes us to the limit. ARG pushed us in Super Rugby, AUS not so much this year but have done so in other years.

So in my opinion, this win is for you our SANZAAR brothers, without you we would not be where we are now. 8 out of 9 World Championships and counting.

Did we watch different broadcasts? He was ****ing dreadful. He also unequivocally stated that England would beat South Africa.
He also said England would beat the All Blacks
Did we watch different broadcasts? He was ****ing dreadful. He also unequivocally stated that England would beat South Africa.
And so did everyone on this forum...

Except me of course, because I'm a rugby genius

Sad to see his brother not attending.
He's duty bound to support Wales as future prince of Wales

Interesting you say the first 20 pages are English arrogance, I just skimmed back over the first 5 and there more non-English people saying England would win than English.
There's literally more South African fans saying England would win than English fans, lol

Last edited:

Latest posts