• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][The Final] England vs. South Africa (02/11/2019)

I did ,today.
Absolute violence in defence and turned it on in attack when given a sniff as the English defence tired.
There's no comparison between the way they played today and the way they played last week.

I don't think SA are a boring side, they can play some incredible rugby, they just know when to arm wrestle. That can create boring games when against sides like Wales, but they're not an inherently boring side.

As a Welshman I think perhaps you should thank New Zealand for having their bad game last week with your team. New Zealand playing at their best would probably have put 32 points or more past you.
Maybe Wales only losing by 3 point to South Africa puts your teams performance the coaches tactics into perspective.
Wales lost by 3 points and England lost to the same team by 20 points.

Well done, South Africa - a totally deserved win. Can't remember the last time I saw an England scrum dismantled so comprehensively that it was embarrassing. At 82 I don't expect to be around next time, so this was my last chance to see England lift the trophy again
Mike
******** Mike, just keep taking your vitamins and you'll be fine. England 2023!!

Enjoyed that. Kept it tight for the first 60 mins then 1 try made a difference. Was hoping England scored to make it an exciting last 10 mins but Kolbe is magic. Gets the same excitement as Shane Williams with hands on the ball. It killed the game but at least SA have scored a try in the final now.

Ah well back to the Pro-14 now :(

Congratulations South Africa. Played your best game tonight. Your key players who had been out of form stepped up, vermeulen, pollard,
Le roux, faf. The rest continued their good form.

Did pollard play his best ever game? A much hyped player who continually performs well below the hype. He lived up to it tonight.

the mental vulnerability that some English fans had feared Was there.

...and a lot of people dismissed Japan's efforts after they got dismantled by the Boks. Does that mean we should dismiss England's efforts too? I think neither.

Last edited:
I'd like to thank the Republic of South Africa on behalf of all the home nations for taking that smarmy snide smile of Eddie Jones' face & saving us from the Hooray Henry brigade & their insufferable gloating.
Perhaps Gatland was right after all, England did play their final a week ago.

My sides are literally hurting from laughter!
Nice one bellend.

Well done SA, what a massive defence effort and both tries were good ! what a performance.

The first team to win the world cup after losing a pool game and the first time a team that win the Tri-Nations | Rugby Championship win the World Cup

As a Welshman I think perhaps you should thank New Zealand for having their bad game last week with your team. New Zealand playing at their best would probably have put 32 points or more past you.
Maybe Wales only losing by 3 point to South Africa puts your teams performance the coaches tactics into perspective.
Wales lost by 3 points and England lost to the same team by 20 points.
Sorry, I only converse with sides who have made a world cup final

South Africa were up for it, England were not off their game and Garces is a c***. My summation of the game. Congrats to the Boks though, fully deserved. It's amazing to see the turnarounds in a week. I do feel that there is a great team waiting to break out of this England squad...I'm not sure that Youngs or Daly are a part of it though.
Harsh on Daly, he's fine on the wing; he's just not a FB

Alright I guess it's time for me to not post for another 2 years.

Well done SA. They were phenomenal.

Thought it was strange seeing Felix Jones on the podium. Incredible to think he left Munster to win a World Cup in the South African staff, and gets a medal.

I always felt like England aren't a good chasing side.

they're good in front when the other side is chasing it, but not so good at chasing themselves. Makes me even more annoyed at the all black no show last week but ah well.

Great job bokke executing it beautifully.

Well done South Africa - deserved winners .
As for England they use made too many mistakes.
The beauty of rugby is that I can now have a few pints with my South African friends and eat humble pie !!

Latest posts