• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][The Final] England vs. South Africa (02/11/2019)

End of the day Whalen your scrum is that dominated there's no coming back
No go forward no platform
Mistake to start Vunipola,never been able to scrum to the required level good over the vantage line though
That was a bit embarrassing really

It's a shame for South Africa that after such a performance they only achieved the second most important feat of the day.

Well done, South Africa - a totally deserved win. Can't remember the last time I saw an England scrum dismantled so comprehensively that it was embarrassing. At 82 I don't expect to be around next time, so this was my last chance to see England lift the trophy again
Mike
Only four more years mate you can do it.

Happens every time England loses - some people take more pleasure in seeing us lose than seeing their own team win, even if their team is lifting the World Cup

Was gonna say don't envy you and mods if England lose, gonna be a lot of gloating from none English fans and tough to police.

Anyway congratulations to South Africa, best team won no complaints.

I'd like to thank the Republic of South Africa on behalf of all the home nations for taking that smarmy snide smile of Eddie Jones' face & saving us from the Hooray Henry brigade & their insufferable gloating.
Perhaps Gatland was right after all, England did play their final a week ago.

My sides are literally hurting from laughter!

@TRF_Olyy @MarkyH

I found my nomination for worst new poster.

I feel so bad for sinker. He's definitely become one of my favorite players during the World Cup.

Congrats to South Africa, clearly the better side today!

In hindsight, today's result makes me even angrier at Steve Hansen' poor judgment calls made last week...

There is no side in world rugby that could have stood up to that South African power. Fair play. The most complete complete performance I have seen in my short life.
Eh I'd I've liked to have seen what would happened if England didn't have such a poor first half. Agreed once SA had the scoreboard pressure nobody could beat them today.

Think the moment we lost was when missed the hard kick to get within 3, England had a tiny bit if momentum at that stage and that was the end of our last stand really.

South Africa you were absolutely another level above us.
Don't know why I bothered to pull a all nighter

South Africa were up for it, England were off their game and Garces is a c***. My summation of the game. Congrats to the Boks though, fully deserved. It's amazing to see the turnarounds in a week. I do feel that there is a great team waiting to break out of this England squad...I'm not sure that Youngs or Daly are a part of it though.

Last edited:
Congrats South Africa, totally dominated us on the day.

Not the only bad performance today but wtf is it with youngs waiting for the runner to run, stop & lose all momentum before playing effectively a hospital pass to a static man with the boks defence charging up. Seemed to have no momentum going forward because his timing was so ridiculously off... all game

Such a shame for england after last week, but take nothing away from SA - fine performance and worthy champions

Latest posts