• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][The Final] England vs. South Africa (02/11/2019)

De Allende didn't really bully Manu.

Manu was never given the ball.
He got it like twice.

That was my biggest annoyance give Manu the damn ball.

yeah but England had to give Manu front foot ball. England hardly had any front foot ball. Giving Manu static ball and getting smashed back would not have helped either.

Complete performance from the Boks. They play a game that pressurises and England have an enduring flaw there. Lack of composure from about the 3rd minute....

Very well done South Africa. Clearly better than us today. Bravo!

I do find it funny how people are blaming Cole when the scrum improved massively once Marler came on.

Granted he doesn't offer much outside but who else is about Williams? Who is hardly better really.

England do have weak depth spots.
3, 15 being the too big ones.

Total respect to the Boks, absolutely unmanned us today and deserved 100%.
It's devastating but not heartbreaking - not quite sure why but there it is.

Cole, Youngs, Daly in particular - please crawl back under whichever rocks you came from. Absolute garbage from all of them.
Whoever kept banging on about how Cole had reinvented himself and come back a better player - absolute horseshit. We missed Sinckler so badly.
Now I have to go to Coventry to see Wasps be garbage. Arghh.

Did you not hear? The TRF awards are in Coventry mate.

I'd suggest going to the butts but Cov rugby are away today.

Ellis Genge; I loved that.

Big congratulations to SA, can't argue that second half display. England tactics all wrong, speculative 3s, poor subs, etc.

Anyone saying English were arrogant before this is a WUM and should be ashamed.

Ellis Genge; I loved that.

Big congratulations to SA, can't argue that second half display. England tactics all wrong, speculative 3s, poor subs, etc.

Anyone saying English were arrogant before this is a WUM and should be ashamed.
Think I must've missed it, what did he do?

Well at least the other home nations enjoyed that game of anti rugby. Nobody can honestly say they enjoy watching south Africa play.
England just had no clue, would of rather lost to New Zealand o that the final would have actually been a game. No way New Zealand bottle it like that..

This is a perfect example of "Defences win games"
Springbok defence has been out of this world, we just can't do anything
There is some truth in that, but i think fixed formations played just as big of a role. How many penalties did they receive from scrums? I recall at least two line outs they stole/disrupted in the 1H.
Their pack is monstrous.

Going to say this now. Saw very little of this supposed 'arrogance' from English pundits and fans. Sure you have the odd idiot like Dawson but thought that overall the English press was pretty reasonable in the build up to this game. To be honest there was a lot more of foreigners complaining about arrogance than actual arrogance.

If anything South African supporters were far more bullish and confident than the English equivalents (and I say this as an Irishman).
I've always liked the Irish, don't care what the Welsh say about you.

Latest posts