• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023 QF3] England vs Fiji (15/10/2023)

Englands tactics in the 2nd half was negative and it nearly cost us

Well...so-so match to be honest. For me it was obvious that Eng wins it,but the second half brought some small intrigue at least.

Fiji choked a bit after getting level, going for hollywood to early and giving up the 6 points. Think that should of been a yellow on farrel but dont think it would of mattered, englands defense looked dialed for that last set and fiji werevery narrow.

Interesting first half, boring first bit of the second, then got very interesting.

Still not much hope as an england fan. But maybe Steve has a plan and will **** house his way to a WC.

Don't feel like a win that

Feels like it. Felt like England were doing everything they could to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

England didn't turn the screw when they were well on top and tended to come up with the classic coach killers scoring then coughing up possession and points.

Anyhow France and the Saffers will be ******** themselves......

What am I missing?
The reasoning for not ycarding Farrell was nothing short of ludicrous. The ball was going in the direction of the Fijean player and Farrell diverted such direction.
As far as I understand, whether the pass would have reached the hands of the Fijian player without touching the ground first is irrelevant. I want to know which law considers this exception the refs is making use of.

No yellow card for Farrell?
Why should it be?
Isn't that decided on "did the knock on stop a significant line break"?

Is there something in there about being idiocy / cynicism?

Latest posts